View Full Version : Diana's Latest Honor, a'la Liz Smith

test

PeaceNHarmony
10-27-2017, 06:56 AM
In today's New York Social Diary:

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/guest-diary/2017/liz-smith-life-achievements

vgalindo
10-27-2017, 12:31 PM
Thanks for posting. Enjoyed the read. I am so happy for Diana.

Guy
10-27-2017, 04:34 PM
The photo of Ross cradling a 'white' child with a caption indicating the child is her granddaughter is somewhat unsettling.

vgalindo
10-27-2017, 04:38 PM
This is her granddaughter. Why is it unsettling? This is Evans daughter.

Guy
10-27-2017, 04:49 PM
Yes, I understand. No malice intended.

Ross is an iconic representation of black beauty and glamour. Particularly during the height of her solo success when she became a cross-cultural superstar. It seems incongruous that her distinctive beauty would not be reflected in her grandchild -- who is beautiful in a completely different way.

Roberta75
10-27-2017, 06:08 PM
The photo of Ross cradling a 'white' child with a caption indicating the child is her granddaughter is somewhat unsettling.

It IS her grandbaby. Why is that unsetling?

sansradio
10-27-2017, 08:24 PM

Your comment is the only unsettling thing here. It speaks volumes. Shame on you.

PeaceNHarmony
10-27-2017, 08:25 PM
This is a horrible, horrible statement. It's my opinion that you are racist and should be banned from this site. What a grotesque statement for you to make. Shame on you. Even if adopted a child of any ethnic background is family of the adopters. Shame, shame on you, whoever you are.

PeaceNHarmony
10-27-2017, 08:27 PM
It IS her grandbaby. Why is that unsetling?
THIS! And regardless ... who, other than this poster, chose to identify the baby by ethnic background? A horrible, horrible statement. Join my call for this racist to be banned from this forum.

PeaceNHarmony
10-27-2017, 08:29 PM

Ross is an iconic representation of black beauty and glamour. Particularly during the height of her solo success when she became a cross-cultural superstar. It seems incongruous that her distinctive beauty would not be reflected in her grandchild -- who is beautiful in a completely different way.
WAAYYY to late. You have shown who your are. Shame on you.

PeaceNHarmony
10-27-2017, 08:43 PM

You don't even have the courage of your convictions. If you had 'no malice intended' you would have not chosen to reveal your opinion of the ethnic background of an infant, nor would you have used the term 'unsettling'.

thanxal
10-27-2017, 08:58 PM
This is reprehensible.

Bluebrock
10-28-2017, 07:17 AM

I would like to think you did not mean any offence with what you said. It was a poor choice of words which i am sure you now regret, and maybe we should all move on but perhaps be more careful what you say and how you say it in future.

Circa 1824
10-28-2017, 05:12 PM
As a white man, I did not take offense to the statement. I am not easily offended as I want to enjoy my life.

Guy
10-28-2017, 06:57 PM
Racist? Yikes! Not sure how you get there. Unless any comment that references race is 'racist.'

In retrospect, it was a misplaced comment given the diversity of cultures, backgrounds and temperaments at this forum.

It may not matter to the accuser but I am black/African-american, so I want to be clear there is no anti-black or anti-multiracial sentiment involved...on my part.

TomatoTom123
10-28-2017, 08:29 PM
Quite frankly I thought it was at best a very odd thing to say. IMO, probably best not to mention the race of someone and the word “unsettling” in the same sentence.

Also, are you saying that your comment was misplaced because there are different races on this forum? Like it would be an OK thing to say if everyone was black?

I don’t think the races of forum members has anything to do with this...

Kinda confused here :confused:

PeaceNHarmony
10-29-2017, 02:03 PM
Quite frankly I thought it was at best a very odd thing to say. IMO, probably best not to mention the race of someone and the word “unsettling” in the same sentence.

Also, are you saying that your comment was misplaced because there are different races on this forum? Like it would be an OK thing to say if everyone was black?

I don’t think the races of forum members has anything to do with this...

Kinda confused here :confused:
You have stated the issue perfectly and eloquently, TTom. I was not going to comment further, having already made my statement, but I must thank and congratulate you for such a thoughtful and wise reply. To anyone who still does not 'get it' I say: walk up to the next multi-ethnic family that you do not know and tell them you find them 'unsettling'.