PDA

View Full Version : Dina Ross & The Supremes with Ethel merman

test

thommg
10-26-2017, 12:00 PM
Featured today on the Playbill website - a tribute to Irving Berlin featuring Diana Ross & The Supremes with a surprise visit from Ethel Merman! [[And I apologize for the thread title - my keyboard is sticking today!)
http://www.playbill.com/article/tbt-the-time-ethel-merman-sang-call-me-madam-with-the-supremes

thanxal
10-26-2017, 05:45 PM
I love love love how you can really hear Mary and Cindy on this. Edit: then when Merm came on nobody else could be heard for weeks! lol!

Philles/Motown Gary
10-30-2017, 12:23 AM
Thanks for sharing this Ed Sullivan video of The Super-Dooper Supremes, Thom. I've never seen this performance before. I really enjoyed it!

gman
10-31-2017, 07:49 PM
All the exposure on the top rated shows, and appearing alongside [[and often performing duets with) other top rated entertainers who were outside the "teen" taste of popular music really cements the importance and acceptance of the group...they were obviously overall highly thought of not only by their peers, but long established veterans...maybe BG was right and didn't over estimate the importance of getting the Supremes into the Copa

LoveSupreme
11-17-2017, 08:35 PM
Dina Ross was most definitely my favorite member. Deena Jones came in a close second...followed by Cindy Windsong. They are all just so talented.