PDA

View Full Version : My girl-since i lost my baby..which is prettier?

test

arr&bee
10-25-2017, 12:57 PM
We know which one sold more so that's not the question,for those of you with these classics take a good listen before you reply,smokey at his best with classic performances from david of course...after very close scrutiny my vote goes to-since i lost my baby.

motownlover1964
10-25-2017, 01:00 PM
I agree as Since I Lost My Baby has been a favorite of mine since hearing it back in the day.

reese
10-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Since I Lost My Baby.

RanRan79
10-25-2017, 03:54 PM
I'm not a fan of "My Girl" and I absolutely LOVE "Since I Lost My Baby", so it takes a bit of doing to answer this question without my obvious bias coming into play. I have to go with "Since I Lost My Baby". I think it has a prettier melody than "My Girl".

Luciano
10-25-2017, 05:10 PM
I agree in preferring "Since I Lost My Baby" but I think "My Girl" is the prettier song. The lyrics paint it that way for me.

TomatoTom123
10-25-2017, 08:21 PM
Now... I’m about to totally overthink this question but here goes... lol

I think for me it comes down to what we mean by “prettiest”...

"My Girl" is sweet, catchy, happy and yea, it is pretty. It’s lovely. It’s also overplayed and I can’t really hear it without sighing... lol

"Since I Lost My Baby" is essentially the sad version of "My Girl"... everything’s bad, sad and pointless ‘cause the girl is gone. But it’s still pretty. Sad but pretty.

I think “pretty” implies something good, something positive... I mean, being “pretty” is a good thing.. it’s a good quality. "My Girl" is an upbeat song, so does it fit the ‘good’ part of being pretty? Yes, but I feel like "Since I Lost My Baby" has such feeling to it, such emotion, such longing... it’s almost... prettier.

Wow, I impressed myself here with this unnecessarily in-depth answer to your question arr&bee :D

robb_k
10-25-2017, 10:08 PM
They are both so beautiful and sweet that it doesn't really matter. I love them both.

Motown Eddie
10-26-2017, 11:31 AM
We know which one sold more so that's not the question,for those of you with these classics take a good listen before you reply,smokey at his best with classic performances from david of course...after very close scrutiny my vote goes to-since i lost my baby.

While I'll always love both of these Temptations classics, my vote for the 'prettier song' goes to "My Girl".

RanRan79
10-26-2017, 01:34 PM
Now... I’m about to totally overthink this question but here goes... lol

I think for me it comes down to what we mean by “prettiest”...

"My Girl" is sweet, catchy, happy and yea, it is pretty. It’s lovely. It’s also overplayed and I can’t really hear it without sighing... lol

"Since I Lost My Baby" is essentially the sad version of "My Girl"... everything’s bad, sad and pointless ‘cause the girl is gone. But it’s still pretty. Sad but pretty.

I think “pretty” implies something good, something positive... I mean, being “pretty” is a good thing.. it’s a good quality. "My Girl" is an upbeat song, so does it fit the ‘good’ part of being pretty? Yes, but I feel like "Since I Lost My Baby" has such feeling to it, such emotion, such longing... it’s almost... prettier.

Wow, I impressed myself here with this unnecessarily in-depth answer to your question arr&bee :D

Yes, you impressed yourself there, Tom. Only yourself.:p

But I actually understand your assessment. Like I said for me, "Since" has the prettier melody so that makes it a prettier song, but the lyrics of "My Girl" are so obviously more uplifting than the sad lyrics of "Since" that it might make sense to say "My Girl" is the prettier song. Now I'm torn. Thanks a lot Tom.

marv2
10-26-2017, 02:43 PM
Based on the lyrics alone, "My Girl" is "prettier".

McMotown
10-26-2017, 04:22 PM
Like Marv said 'My Girl' lyrics are prettier. Also what Robb says they are both beautiful to the ears . I can listen to them both and enjoy both these great songs as much as each other.

biggestfourtops fan
10-26-2017, 09:46 PM
Absolutely no doubt SINCE I LOST MY BABY. It's more soulful and r&b. My Girl is too crossover pop.

vgalindo
10-27-2017, 02:37 AM
My favorite has always been "Since I lost my Baby". David Ruffin was so great!

arr&bee
10-27-2017, 03:17 PM
now... I’m about to totally overthink this question but here goes... Lol

i think for me it comes down to what we mean by “prettiest”...

"my girl" is sweet, catchy, happy and yea, it is pretty. It’s lovely. It’s also overplayed and i can’t really hear it without sighing... Lol

"since i lost my baby" is essentially the sad version of "my girl"... Everything’s bad, sad and pointless ‘cause the girl is gone. But it’s still pretty. Sad but pretty.

I think “pretty” implies something good, something positive... I mean, being “pretty” is a good thing.. It’s a good quality. "my girl" is an upbeat song, so does it fit the ‘good’ part of being pretty? Yes, but i feel like "since i lost my baby" has such feeling to it, such emotion, such longing... It’s almost... Prettier.

Wow, i impressed myself here with this unnecessarily in-depth answer to your question arr&bee :dhey tomato tom...you been hangin around those guys at-nasa haven't you,your answer is far more intellegent than the question!!

Philles/Motown Gary
10-28-2017, 01:43 AM
I love 'em both, but the prettiest melody for me is "My Girl". The Tempts' harmonies and the string arrangements are gorgeous.

TomatoTom123
10-28-2017, 08:50 PM
Yes, you impressed yourself there, Tom. Only yourself.:p

HA!

What banter

But I actually understand your assessment. Like I said for me, "Since" has the prettier melody so that makes it a prettier song, but the lyrics of "My Girl" are so obviously more uplifting than the sad lyrics of "Since" that it might make sense to say "My Girl" is the prettier song. Now I'm torn. Thanks a lot Tom.

Welcome RanRan :D

TomatoTom123
10-28-2017, 08:56 PM
hey tomato tom...you been hangin around those guys at-nasa haven't you,your answer is far more intellegent than the question!!

Yep arr&bee... it’s top secret information but I can confirm that Buzz Aldrin prefers "My Girl"... :)