View Full Version : Inside Story - Bobby Taylor

test

marv2
10-21-2017, 08:22 PM
Interview from Hong Kong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtRWeoOStJc

Luciano
10-22-2017, 10:12 AM
Thanks Marv that was great interview. That's interesting he still hasn't been paid. I know that "I Want You Back" was originally intended for Gladys Knight as "I Wanna Be Free" so I wonder how much Bobby had to change that song.

marv2
10-22-2017, 12:16 PM
Thanks Marv that was great interview. That's interesting he still hasn't been paid. I know that "I Want You Back" was originally intended for Gladys Knight as "I Wanna Be Free" so I wonder how much Bobby had to change that song.

I also remember Martha Reeves and the Vandellas did a version of the song. David Ruffin covered it in 1971:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5XVyrioSV4

dvus7
10-22-2017, 08:11 PM
Bobby Taylor was paid tremendously, for his discover!!!!

dvus7
10-22-2017, 08:52 PM
bobby taylor produced "who's loving YOU"!!!! it was the B-side to one of the those early J-5 Hits!!!

TomatoTom123
10-22-2017, 08:59 PM
bobby taylor produced "who's loving YOU"!!!! it was the B-side to one of the those early J-5 Hits!!!

Hey dvus, I think it was the B-Side to “I Want You Back”... a double-sided masterpiece of a single!!!!!

marv2
10-22-2017, 09:24 PM

That song and that recording became just as popular with us kids at that time as "I Want You Back". That song caused every kid I knew then [[and their parents LOL!) to believe that they could sing like Michael Jackson! LOL!!!

McMotown
10-24-2017, 04:38 AM
Hey Marv, thanks for posting that always interested in anything Bobby Taylor. BTW I know it's controversial but I do prefer David Ruffin's version of 'I Want You Back' to all the others.

marv2
10-24-2017, 08:37 AM
Hey Marv, thanks for posting that always interested in anything Bobby Taylor. BTW I know it's controversial but I do prefer David Ruffin's version of 'I Want You Back' to all the others.

You're welcome McMotown. Everyone has their personal tastes and David does do a great job with the song as well.

dvus7
10-24-2017, 09:58 AM

Mr. Taylor was responsible for all the "cover-versions"!!! I betcha that was all the "un-released" materail of the J-5!!! or maybe some of his material!!!

marv2
10-24-2017, 10:04 AM
Mr. Taylor was responsible for all the "cover-versions"!!! I betcha that was all the "un-released" materail of the J-5!!! or maybe some of his material!!!

I loved their Delphonics covers.