PDA

View Full Version : "One Nation Under A Groove" 12" version on CD/digital?

test

TomatoTom123
10-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Hi all

I just LOVE this Funkadelic song and have played it so many times recently, and it never gets old. I think I could listen to the thing if it were an hour long... unfortunately such a version doesn't exist... lol... but I discovered that a 12" 11-minute long mix does!!!!!

Now I have the 7-minute long album version which is fantastic, but it's really only part of the funk... whereas I want the whole funk and nothing but the funk ;)

So, is the 12" mix available on CD? I can't seem to find it on any CD or digital download!! Even the 2016 remastered version of the One Nation Under A Groove album doesn't have the 12" mix. Anyone know?

Motown Eddie
10-08-2017, 12:04 PM
There are only vinyl versions of the 12" mix of Funkadelic's "One Nation Under A Groove" available right now. The one on Warner Bros. [[reissued in 2007) has the 11+ min. version of the song and the 5 min. instrumental on the B side. Charly's release [[from 2016) adds the original single versions [[Pts. 1 & 2) to their B-side.

TomatoTom123
10-08-2017, 07:23 PM
There are only vinyl versions of the 12" mix of Funkadelic's "One Nation Under A Groove" available right now. The one on Warner Bros. [[reissued in 2007) has the 11+ min. version of the song and the 5 min. instrumental on the B side. Charly's release [[from 2016) adds the original single versions [[Pts. 1 & 2) to their B-side.

Oh damn! Only on vinyl?! Wow.

Thanks for the info Eddie.