View Full Version : Martha & The Vandellas "Wild One"

test

Luciano
09-26-2017, 10:39 PM
Not sure if this was posted before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qjuNv_unhc

marv2
09-26-2017, 11:23 PM
Nope, that's never been posted here to my knowledge. Great clip Luciano! The Motown groups were on television so often when I was growing up that we had to have miss some appearances and this is one that I missed.

copley
09-27-2017, 08:23 AM
Seen it many times now. Not one of my fav Martha hits I have to say.

luke
09-27-2017, 09:00 AM
I agree. Feels like not much thought given to it. What's with the choreography here? Martha seems bored!

BigAl
09-27-2017, 09:27 AM
I'm guessing this might have been from Where the Action Is. It has that look to it.

"Wild One" was a pleasant song, and well-produced, but I always thought it was a rather weak number to follow "Dancing in the Street," possibly causing the act to lose some momentum. It was derivative in subject matter [[following in the footsteps of "He's A Rebel" and "Leader of the Pack"), which probably also worked against it. Too bad "Nowhere to Run" didn't follow "Dancing in the Street." Perhaps Martha and the gals might have also felt the same tepid sentiment toward "Wild One." Still, as I mentioned, it's a very pleasant song but that's about the best I can say for it.

RanRan79
09-27-2017, 11:08 AM
Cool clip. I haven't seen it before. Not one of their best choreographed performances, that's for sure. They look great though. Brief rant: that damn branding across the video is annoying as hell. Why bother uploading if you're so afraid someone is going to do something with the video...a video that in all likelihood this person doesn't even own the rights to. Rant over.

In regards to the song, I'm surprised "Wild One" wasn't a bigger hit. It's not one of my favorites, but I thought it was a great followup to "Dancing", with that driving beat.

copley
09-27-2017, 01:27 PM
For the record. It says where it's from in the info below the video. As for the banding, the uploader pays for these clips on the understanding that they are marked. We are very lucky in what she has been able to secure for us on YT. There's lots that she can't share for legal reasons.

BayouMotownMan
09-27-2017, 02:35 PM
Martha is so totally not into it here and she preferred this song over Dancing In The Street. It appears the sun was shining into her eyes and that's why she is making faces

RanRan79
09-27-2017, 02:54 PM
For the record. It says where it's from in the info below the video. As for the banding, the uploader pays for these clips on the understanding that they are marked. We are very lucky in what she has been able to secure for us on YT. There's lots that she can't share for legal reasons.

Are you saying she pays for the clips already marked?

copley
09-27-2017, 03:02 PM
I believe that she pays for them and has to mark them. If another party uses them they are immediately removed. At least that's how she explained it to me. I have seen lots of wonderful videos and parts of that she cannot publicly share. It's such a pity that companies would rather let them rot than share them. RSG! is the worst. The copy-write is owned by Dave Clark of DC5 but he's not interested so all the material just sits there. It's like owning a mansion just because you can and letting it go to ruin! :[[

RanRan79
09-27-2017, 03:34 PM
I believe that she pays for them and has to mark them. If another party uses them they are immediately removed. At least that's how she explained it to me. I have seen lots of wonderful videos and parts of that she cannot publicly share. It's such a pity that companies would rather let them rot than share them. RSG! is the worst. The copy-write is owned by Dave Clark of DC5 but he's not interested so all the material just sits there. It's like owning a mansion just because you can and letting it go to ruin! :[[

Ah, I see. Thanks for the information! Dave Clark owns RSG copyright? What's his problem? Why wouldn't he allow this stuff to be made available?

mysterysinger
09-27-2017, 03:47 PM
"Wild One" one of my favourite tracks by MR&TV so have to agree with Martha as I find it preferable to Dancing.

Dave Clark makes money from legitimate licensing of the material for which he owns the copyright [[DVDs and presumably TV programmes). He was shrewd enough to recognise a good investment - probably saving the tapes from destruction in the process. Why jeopardise that investment by allowing free distribution?

copley
09-27-2017, 05:52 PM
Dave Clark has not allowed any of the RSG! shows to be issued on DVD. Any that are out there are bootlegs and that included the RSG! Motown special. There were a few performances available on video but that was a very long time ago. I'm not advocating free distribution, never was! I would be happy to pay as would thousands of others. If he doesn't release them now he will be sitting on an investment of nothing as the majority of people who want to see these shows will be dead as he will too.

Philles/Motown Gary
09-27-2017, 07:44 PM
I love "Wild One". I thought it was the perfect follow-up to "Dancing In The Street", which I also loved.

motony
09-28-2017, 08:24 AM
I always liked "Wild One" too.Love the drums. I would think it would be a hard song to do LIVE and they didn't. Thanks for posting this video as I never saw them do Wild One before that I remember.

jobucats
09-28-2017, 09:06 AM
I am just sticking my 2 cents worth in to say I love "Wild One." It's one of those productions which is naturally amplified with excitement.