PDA

View Full Version : Minnie Riperton’s Perfect Angel To Be Reissued As 2CD Deluxe Edition nov.10,2017

test

jack020
09-23-2017, 03:20 AM
http://www.musictap.net/2017/09/18/minnie-ripertons-perfect-angel-to-be-reissued-as-2cd-deluxe-edition/
Minnie Riperton died at the young age of 31, succumbing to cancer. Her beautiful and high ranged voice [[five and a half octave!) would be remembered by many for the power it possessed. It would be her massive hit single, “Lovin’ You” that would put her high on the hit parade. That song originated on her soulful Perfect Angel. After that explosive album, she would release four more, one after her death. Perfect Angel was recorded with Stevie Wonder’s band. On November 10, Capitol Records will reissue Perfect Angel as a 2CD Deluxe Edition. Originally released on Epic Records in 1974, it’s apparent that her last label [[Capitol Records) has acquired the Epic catalog titles [[Perfect Angel, Adventures In Paradise, Stay In Love).

sansradio
09-23-2017, 03:27 AM
I just plotzed. This is fantastic news! I guess that this release is timed to commemorate her 70th birth anniversary, which is on November 8th. Thanks for the info!

sophisticated_soul
09-23-2017, 03:29 AM
One of my all time favorite albums. Good News!:cool:

Bluebrock
09-23-2017, 08:59 AM
http://www.musictap.net/2017/09/18/minnie-ripertons-perfect-angel-to-be-reissued-as-2cd-deluxe-edition/
Minnie Riperton died at the young age of 31, succumbing to cancer. Her beautiful and high ranged voice [[five and a half octave!) would be remembered by many for the power it possessed. It would be her massive hit single, “Lovin’ You” that would put her high on the hit parade. That song originated on her soulful Perfect Angel. After that explosive album, she would release four more, one after her death. Perfect Angel was recorded with Stevie Wonder’s band. On November 10, Capitol Records will reissue Perfect Angel as a 2CD Deluxe Edition. Originally released on Epic Records in 1974, it’s apparent that her last label [[Capitol Records) has acquired the Epic catalog titles [[Perfect Angel, Adventures In Paradise, Stay In Love).
I remember buying this album back in 1975, and then again on cd many years later. This is wonderful news but what material will they use on the expanded edition? I was not aware there was unreleased material left in the vaults. I guess they can use live recordings maybe? I am very intrigued and excited, especially if there is bonus studio material. Thank you so much for the heads up jack020.

Quinn
10-17-2017, 01:20 PM
As of now it looks like this is the track list.

Disc One:Original Album
1.Reasons
2.It's So Nice[[Seeing Old Friends)
3.Take A Little Trip
4.Seeing You This Way
5.The Edge Of A Dream
6.Perfect Angel
7. Every time He Comes Around
8. Lovin' You
9.Our Lives
10.Loving You [[Single Edit)
11.Seeing You This Way[[Single Edit)
Disc Two:
1.Reasons[[Extended & Alt. Lyrics)
2.It's So Nice[[Extended)
3.Take A Little Trip Feat.Stevie Wonder
4.Seeing You This Way[[Extended)
5.The Edge Of A Dream[[Extended)
6.Perfect Angel[[Extended)
7.Every Time He Comes Around[[Extended)
8. Lovin' You[[Extended Band Version)
9.Our Lives[[Extended)
10.Don't Let Anyone Bring You Down Feat.Hubert Laws

sansradio
10-17-2017, 02:51 PM

1.Reasons
3.Take A Little Trip
4.Seeing You This Way
5.The Edge Of A Dream
6.Perfect Angel
8. Lovin' You
9.Our Lives
Disc Two:
9.Our Lives[[Extended)

Thanks for this update, Quinn. I am so amped for this!

PeaceNHarmony
10-17-2017, 04:00 PM
I just plotzed. This is fantastic news! I guess that this release is timed to commemorate her 70th birth anniversary, which is on November 8th. Thanks for the info!
Since YOU already plotzed, I shall have to be reduced to a mere kvell.

jack020
10-24-2017, 12:39 AM
https://theseconddisc.com/2017/10/lovin-you-capitolume-to-reissue-minnie-ripertons-breakthrough-album/

Circa 1824
10-24-2017, 08:09 AM
I saw Minnie at the Cow Palace when she opened for Stevie Wonder in San Francisco. I bought this album and loved it.

Bluebrock
10-28-2017, 07:19 AM

1.Reasons
3.Take A Little Trip
4.Seeing You This Way
5.The Edge Of A Dream
6.Perfect Angel
8. Lovin' You
9.Our Lives
Disc Two:
9.Our Lives[[Extended)
Wow! This looks awesome, and i am sure it will sound even more awesome.

glencro
10-28-2017, 12:43 PM
Since YOU already plotzed, I shall have to be reduced to a mere kvell.

LMAOOOOO, dying over here...thanx for the laugh

sansradio
12-25-2017, 09:59 AM
I received this as one of my Christmas gifts as well! The booklet contains wonderful photos and reflections from Minnie’s widower Dick Rudolph. I’ll report back when I have a chance to immerse myself.

Bluebrock
12-25-2017, 11:57 AM
I received this as one of my Christmas gifts as well! The booklet contains wonderful photos and reflections from Minnie’s widower Dick Rudolph. I’ll report back when I have a chance to immerse myself.
Thank you sansradio. I am seriously considering treating myself to this, but would love to know if he extended/alternate versions make it worthwhile. Please digest and report back at your convenience.

Quinn
12-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Thank you sansradio. I am seriously considering treating myself to this, but would love to know if he extended/alternate versions make it worthwhile. Please digest and report back at your convenience.Yes,it is certainly worth purchasing.Harry Weinger is the producer of the package.When he does any sort of project he always looks for anything interesting that he can add. The second disc is a great example of great things that happen after the fade. Due to vinyl restrictions and perfection much was reimagined and edited.Richard Rudolph's insights and remembrances would be worth the price had it been a basic reissue.It's wonderful to add to your collection.

Bluebrock
12-26-2017, 08:06 AM
Yes,it is certainly worth purchasing.Harry Weinger is the producer of the package.When he does any sort of project he always looks for anything interesting that he can add. The second disc is a great example of great things that happen after the fade. Due to vinyl restrictions and perfection much was reimagined and edited.Richard Rudolph's insights and remembrances would be worth the price had it been a basic reissue.It's wonderful to add to your collection.
Thank you for that Quinn. You have sold it to me! Thank you again.

arr&bee
12-26-2017, 02:18 PM
I love minnie so much that there are two copies of her fantastic debut album in my collection,as well as her work with[rotary connection]a perfect angel indeed!

sansradio
12-26-2017, 04:27 PM
I love minnie so much that there are two copies of her fantastic debut album in my collection,as well as her work with[rotary connection]a perfect angel indeed!

Yeah, that debut album is a certified masterpiece, arr&bee. You gotta check this expanded Perfect Angel out, too!

Bluebrock
12-28-2017, 09:16 AM
Yeah, that debut album is a certified masterpiece, arr&bee. You gotta check this expanded Perfect Angel out, too!
Thank you both for your enthusiastic feedback. I am just about to order my copy. Cheers guys.

sophisticated_soul
12-28-2017, 04:28 PM
Always a favorite album of mined. Just ordered the Expanded Edition.:)