PDA

View Full Version : Lamont Dozier- This Old Heart of Mine [[Official Audio)

test

marv2
09-18-2017, 10:57 AM
This sounds SO GOOD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GhAQyq_wC0

mysterysinger
09-18-2017, 11:44 AM
As an album, "Reflections of...." is typical Lamont Dozier.

The versions of Motown songs won't be to everybody's taste.
1 I Hear a Symphony 3:49
2 Where Did Our Love Go 3:54
3 This Old Heart of Mine 4:34
4 [[Love Is Like A) Heat Wave 4:00
5 Stop! In the Name of Love 4:47
6 My World Is Empty Without You 4:50
7 I Hear a Symphony 4:57
8 Baby I Need Your Lovin' 4:08
9 Baby Love 4:53
10 I Can't Help Myself [[Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) 4:06
11 How Sweet It Is [[To Be Loved by You) 4:56
12 Reach Out, I'll Be There 4:18
13 Reflections 4:54
14 I Hear a Symphony 3:29

Mark Desjardines
09-18-2017, 12:27 PM
What makes this collection SO great is Lamont revisiting his compositions from the angle of a mature man reflecting on his youth. Wouldn't it be wonderful for Diana Ross and Mary Wilson to team up as a duo and do the same with the hits they enjoyed in their heyday?

TomatoTom123
09-18-2017, 06:34 PM
This is great, and interesting to hear Lamont singing it too! :)

marv2
09-18-2017, 09:25 PM
What makes this collection SO great is Lamont revisiting his compositions from the angle of a mature man reflecting on his youth. Wouldn't it be wonderful for Diana Ross and Mary Wilson to team up as a duo and do the same with the hits they enjoyed in their heyday?

That would be nice. This track here that Lamont did is the nicest thing I've heard in a while.

mysterysinger
09-19-2017, 07:39 AM
If anyone has the right to sing those songs he does. TOHOM a la Lamont is so much better than, say Rod Stewart's attempt. Others have had projects where they've covered songs from the past done by their contemporaries e.g. The Temptations "Reflections" and Frankie Valli "Romancing The 60s".

marv2
09-19-2017, 11:00 AM
If anyone has the right to sing those songs he does. TOHOM a la Lamont is so much better than, say Rod Stewart's attempt. Others have had projects where they've covered songs from the past done by their contemporaries e.g. The Temptations "Reflections" and Frankie Valli "Romancing The 60s".

This is now my favorite version since the original. The feeling is still there even though everything and everyone has gotten older.

jaybs
09-19-2017, 11:43 AM
Always loved the remastered CD I have of this album, as some say not all the tracks are what I would have selected, but it is Lamont's interpretation and I respect that. What a true talent I have all his albums and HDH collections.

Luciano
09-19-2017, 07:45 PM
This is now my favorite version since the original. The feeling is still there even though everything and everyone has gotten older.

I agree this is awesome. Like you and another poster said it feels mature like he been through life and this comes off like a more intimate moment where the Isley felt like joyful youth love that you want to shout about. Both different but excellent.