PDA

View Full Version : Everything's comin' up ACE, CHERRY RED & REAL GONE...

test

lakedistrictlad1
09-14-2017, 06:00 AM
This isn't a thread really.

I just wanted to say how thrilled I am as a Motown fan that we seem to have gone from a digital download only future, to not 1, not 2 but 3 separate labels now producing first rate physical product for us.

Thanks to everyone involved at Ace, Soulmusic Records and Real Gone [[and of course, the Universal team)

The future looks brighter than ever for us fans!

westgrandboulevard
09-14-2017, 06:22 AM
lakedistrictlad1....

Oh, this is most definitely a thread. A most relevant and appropriate one!

A very robust "Hear! Hear!" from me..and I imagine from many more whose memories go back a long way, and for whom the receipt of a digital download nowhere near matches that of holding newly released physical product in their own hands.....;)

djessie
09-14-2017, 06:39 AM
Absolutely thrilling and overdue news for us fans of physical products. Maybe the powers that be finally released that they can not force people to buy music digitally if they have no interest in that "format" to begin with.

I will buy every single Diana Ross/The Supremes CD release coming out in the future, no matter if I already have all the tracks or not.

PeaceNHarmony
09-14-2017, 09:02 AM
Great label group and great news -

danman869
09-14-2017, 01:59 PM
Three cheers for Ace, Cherry Red, and Real Gone--and Universal--for releasing our beloved Motown music in CD format! It's a positive move in the right direction! ;)

TomatoTom123
09-14-2017, 07:28 PM
Yes indeed, it's so great to see all this music being reissued! Thanks to everyone involved! :D

BTW when I first saw the title of this thread I thought it was about the David Ruffin song... so here it is anyway!! Just replace the word 'love' with 'ACE' or 'CDs' or something... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOQI43lIE5I

mysterysinger
09-14-2017, 08:32 PM
But don't forget BBR, Culture Factory and Elemental who also release Motown product [[though my Elemental copy of David Ruffin's "My Whole World Ended" was of substandard quality). Also, Spectrum have released some very nice product lately especially with their 5 album sets.

daviddesper
09-14-2017, 11:29 PM
So can anyone post a list of what we might expect in the near future from the various labels?

kenneth
09-14-2017, 11:38 PM
So can anyone post a list of what we might expect in the near future from the various labels?

The only lists we can post are our Want Lists! And those are in lots of other threads. I'm sure everyone knows mine by now! But one thing is I do think we might see a Spinners release by Ace, at least the Ace guys acknowledged it seemed to be the most frequent request.

But other than that, I know I'll like whatever they put out.

Bluebrock
09-15-2017, 02:39 AM
This isn't a thread really.

I just wanted to say how thrilled I am as a Motown fan that we seem to have gone from a digital download only future, to not 1, not 2 but 3 separate labels now producing first rate physical product for us.

Thanks to everyone involved at Ace, Soulmusic Records and Real Gone [[and of course, the Universal team)

The future looks brighter than ever for us fans!
Totally concur with you brother! This is anexcellent thread and i look forward to hearing fellow members "wants list" so we can pass them on to the relevant people for consideration.
On a personal note i would love some Four Tops expanded editions and a 70's Supremes lost and found , along with the Temps, The Originals and any unreleased Gladys and the Pips and the Spinners, but in truth i would welcome anything!
Over to you guys..............

biggestfourtops fan
09-15-2017, 05:15 AM
My top requests are definitely FOUR TOPS, IVY JO HINTER and BLINKY. You know, the definitive Motown sound.

TrulyYours
09-16-2017, 02:31 AM
I would love to see lost & found collections for Liz Lands [[!), Thelma Houston, and Jean Terrell. [[If there's anything by Gloria Jones in the vault, that too) A collection of Kim Weston's first MGM LP, singles, and outtakes would be great too.

mysterysinger
09-18-2017, 08:56 AM
Talking of Culture Factory...

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?19549-New-vinyl-replica-CDs-coming