PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Mr. Gordy

test

DWSheffer
09-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Hello all,
I would love nothing more than to have my "To Be Loved" autobiography signed by Berry Gordy. I have looked on and off for several years for a good address to try and contact Mr. Gordy to see if he would be willing to sign the book for me if I sent it, obviously with return postage so there were no costs involved for him. I have heard over the years he is not real keen on signing autographs in general, but most authors are usually more accommodating signing a book they wrote.
If someone is able to steer me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate a private message, rather than post information on this thread.
I appreciate any help that anyone can offer.
Thank you,
Darin

marv2
09-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Hello all,
I would love nothing more than to have my "To Be Loved" autobiography signed by Berry Gordy. I have looked on and off for several years for a good address to try and contact Mr. Gordy to see if he would be willing to sign the book for me if I sent it, obviously with return postage so there were no costs involved for him. I have heard over the years he is not real keen on signing autographs in general, but most authors are usually more accommodating signing a book they wrote.
If someone is able to steer me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate a private message, rather than post information on this thread.
I appreciate any help that anyone can offer.
Thank you,
Darin

He signed mine in Detroit years ago when it was first released. I'm sure he'd sign yours if you can get it to him.

DWSheffer
09-11-2017, 01:38 PM
I think he would too Marv if I could get it in his hands, lol!
Hopefully someone can pull through and help me out with some information. The other option is to drive to Detroit when I know Mr. Gordy's in town and try and track him down that way! :p
Darin

luke
09-11-2017, 03:14 PM
C/o Motown/ universal?

marv2
09-11-2017, 04:31 PM
I think he would too Marv if I could get it in his hands, lol!
Hopefully someone can pull through and help me out with some information. The other option is to drive to Detroit when I know Mr. Gordy's in town and try and track him down that way! :p
Darin

What I would do is contact Sherry Gordy, his daughter about it. I know that she is on Facebook.

DWSheffer
09-11-2017, 09:01 PM
I've wondered about that Luke, sending it in care of Universal. I've also read before if you send it to the publisher of the book, they sometimes forward mail on to their authors. I just worry it would never get to him though this way.

I'm not on Facebook Marv, but good suggestion. I'm "off the grid" and continuing to hold out!!
Darin

marv2
09-11-2017, 09:26 PM
I've wondered about that Luke, sending it in care of Universal. I've also read before if you send it to the publisher of the book, they sometimes forward mail on to their authors. I just worry it would never get to him though this way.

I'm not on Facebook Marv, but good suggestion. I'm "off the grid" and continuing to hold out!!
Darin

I don't think you'll get much help from the publisher as the book was released 23 years ago now.