PDA

View Full Version : Wonder what next ace release will be.....

test

honest man
09-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Hello lovely people i see on another thread The Spinners pt 2 could be next,hope so.Spinners-Edwin-Originals-would be my ultimate top 3,most other acts Anthologies-inc Unissued have been released i think,Spinners 2 a bonus i know but either way will buy any Unreleased sets especially VA any info........loving Brenda and Undisputed Truth by the way,cheers.

longtimefan
09-07-2017, 04:20 PM
Thelma Houston!!!!! Three cheers!

kenneth
09-07-2017, 07:09 PM
I'm anxious for the Spinners, maybe an expanded version of "The Second Time Around." The Originals are long overdue for some attention as well!

copley
09-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Hello lovely people i see on another thread The Spinners pt 2 could be next,hope so.Spinners-Edwin-Originals-would be my ultimate top 3,most other acts Anthologies-inc Unissued have been released i think,Spinners 2 a bonus i know but either way will buy any Unreleased sets especially VA any info........loving Brenda and Undisputed Truth by the way,cheers.The latest Brenda is not an ACE release.

bradsupremes
09-07-2017, 08:40 PM
I would love to see another Spinners set, Blinky, and Gladys Knight & the Pips.

danman869
09-07-2017, 10:06 PM
I would love to see sets highlighting released and unreleased material from The Spinners, The Originals, Gladys Knight and The Pips, Blinky, and Ivy Jo Hunter. C'mon ACE! You make 'em, we'll buy 'em!

biggestfourtops fan
09-07-2017, 11:36 PM
Definitely Ivy Jo and Blinky. The golden years era is the best.

kenneth
09-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Definitely Ivy Jo and Blinky. The golden years era is the best.

Hey, I'm getting older! I'm starting to think I'll never see an official Blinky release in my lifetime!

Bluebrock
09-08-2017, 02:06 AM
The Originals and the Spinners would be my prefered choices. Also Gladys and the Pips if there is unreleased material in the vault., but i would happily accept anything.
Speaking of Thelma i think another company is looking into a 2 cd best of compilation.

jbpintus
09-08-2017, 03:06 AM
Motown Girls/Guys 3, Edwin Starr, Stevie Wonder, Miracles, Ivy Jo, Blinky, Originals, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Jr Walker and the Allstars, Spinners 2, Brenda Holloway, LaBrenda Ben, Hattie Littles, San Remo Golden Strngs, the Motown Unreleased series year by year, live albums including a comprehensive copa set on Martha and the Vandellas...

It seems that we do know for sure there's enough material available for many releases of new-to-cd music, if not new to us altogether...

If only we all could see them someday...

I'll take anything from ACE anyway as they put out only CDs of the highest standard.
I'd even get exited over "The off line tapes of Little Lisa painfully rehearsing nursery rhymes" as long as ACE would consider it worth :)

JB

biggestfourtops fan
09-08-2017, 03:13 AM
Hey, I'm getting older! I'm starting to think I'll never see an official Blinky release in my lifetime!
I catch myself thinking that too. But still try to keep thinking we well.

copley
09-08-2017, 05:47 AM
BLINKY, Ivy Joe, Blackberries, Hattie Littles, Bette Midler's Motown recordings for Atlantic.

lakedistrictlad1
09-08-2017, 10:44 AM
For me, Blinky, Ivy Jo and Junior Walker & The AllStars are top of the list.

How on earth have so many of Junior's albums never made it to CD?

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
09-08-2017, 12:19 PM
I thought they were doing something on the Supremes "in a small way"?

kenneth
09-08-2017, 01:30 PM
How on earth have so many of Junior's albums never made it to CD?

I have always wondered about that as well. I've never really heard this, but I always suspected that Jr. Walker wasn't given the respect he deserved as a Jazz artist because he recorded at Motown. But, if anything, he was one of the few Motown artists who really didn't put out "the Motown Sound." I think he was so unique, and maybe that's why he was hard to classify. Too jazzy for a lot of Motown fans, and perhaps jazz fans just thought of him as a Motown group.

He certainly deserves a really good overview. Thank goodness we have the 2-CD box from the 90s, but he should have a full on box set with lots of live, unreleased and alternates in it.

luckyluckyme
09-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Motown sure released a lot on Junior. Nineteen albums- [[including 2 live, 1 greatest hits, 1 anthology, 1 with 2 different covers,1 unreleased in the U.S., and a Motown 25 related return)
It isn't as if they weren't marketing him back in the day.
I wonder how well/poorly some of the 70's albums sold? Or any of Jr's albums put out on cd as 2 on 1's in the U.S. and/or U.K. and as individual album re-issues?
That too may have had some influence on the neglect of a good portion of Jr's catalog.

booty
09-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Not wanting to put a damper on this thread, but I read where Universal have stopped leasing tracks to independent record companies.