PDA

View Full Version : "Duke" Fakir of the Four Tops Interview on The Paul Leslie Hour

test

marv2
09-04-2017, 09:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_8a1RdofHk

tmd
09-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Great to see Duke going strong, had a chance to meet him a few years ago on the malt shop cruise and asked him about any songs he sang lead on, as he sang lead on a few songs at the concert and sounded good, He said he never aspired to sing lead, just enjoyed being part of the group.
Thanks for keeping the 4 Tops alive.

Encyclopedia Mack
09-09-2017, 09:55 AM
Great to see Duke going strong, had a chance to meet him a few years ago on the malt shop cruise and asked him about any songs he sang lead on, as he sang lead on a few songs at the concert and sounded good, He said he never aspired to sing lead, just enjoyed being part of the group.
Thanks for keeping the 4 Tops alive.

I hope Duke drops his book soon. He's been talking about it for years. I'm ready to see it as well as the movie he talked about.

marv2
09-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Duke is our living history.

Philles/Motown Gary
09-12-2017, 12:55 AM
Thanks for that informative and enjoyable interview, Marv. I always love hearing the classic Motown artists reminisce about the glory days at Motown, and how it wasn't just a factory but a family inspiring each other to reach higher and higher for that golden ring at the top of the charts. I would still give my right arm for a chance to have been a part of the Motown family back then. Duke is a classic example why!