PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross - Aint No Mountain High Enough

test

theboyfromxtown
09-04-2017, 07:23 AM
Good morning! I just read on Wiki that you did backing vocals for "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"...wonderful!

BJ Brenda Joyce Evans-Johnson
Yes, I did the soprano note. I loved that song. Billie Calvin and Valerie Simpson sang also. I can't remember if Michelle the other girl in our group was singing on this. She might have left around this time.

TomatoTom123
09-04-2017, 12:38 PM
Hey boyfromxtown, I thought she did! Nice!!! Thanks for confirming, and thanks to Brenda. I believe you can hear Billie and Brenda in the stereo version of the song, more than the mono. :)

Boogiedown
09-04-2017, 06:15 PM
wow another one.

what does that bring the total "Supremes" count up to?? :confused:

TomatoTom123
09-04-2017, 06:52 PM
wow another one.

what does that bring the total "Supremes" count up to?? :confused:

Naughty Boogie, very naughty :p

Ozmo
09-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Interesting to know. I always thought it a bit ironic that on the first 2 Diana Ross solo singles [[Reach Out and Touch, Ain't No Mountain High Enough) the backing vocals were more prominent than many of her singles with The Supremes!

luke
09-04-2017, 09:13 PM
Lol. Quite. And don't mess with a good thing!

Bluebrock
09-06-2017, 02:18 AM
Lol. Quite. And don't mess with a good thing!
If messing with a song produces memorable records like this then i am more than happy for them to be messed with. It breathed new life into a great song. Loved it back then and love it even more now. Magnificent record especially the album version.

PeaceNHarmony
09-07-2017, 08:16 AM
If messing with a song produces memorable records like this then i am more than happy for them to be messed with. It breathed new life into a great song. Loved it back then and love it even more now. Magnificent record especially the album version.
Absolutely. THAT'S how to do a re-make! Still time-stopping 47 years later!

PeaceNHarmony
09-07-2017, 08:19 AM
I love the background vocals on ANMHE; just superb all around. I always thought I heard Valerie there in the mix -