PDA

View Full Version : Dionne has signed??? Anyone know any details???

test

daviddesper
08-19-2017, 11:22 PM
A few days ago, I got a Google alert that said something about Dionne Warwick having been signed to a company that was named something like E One Music. Unfortunately I cannot find that alert at the moment.

It was not clear if this was a management agreement or a recording agreement. Does anyone have any more details about this?

thommg
08-20-2017, 12:19 AM
Well, here's some inifo on E One Entertainment:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_One_Music

jack020
08-20-2017, 03:57 AM
https://www.instagram.com/doublexxposurenyc/?hl=nl

The Instagram of Dionne's business representative shows lots of pics of Dionne's activities but no mention of a signing.

luke
08-20-2017, 09:27 AM
I don't understand any of this. Maybe I'm not high tech enough

carlo
08-20-2017, 11:38 AM
I found the article discussing the recent developments at E One Music and it mentions signing Dionne Warwick. Entertainment One is a large music and film distributor, based in Canada, but they also operate in the States. They started a record label not long ago and it looks like Dionne is now part of the roster...

http://www.fyimusicnews.ca/articles/2017/08/15/eone-power-player-chris-taylor-delivers-goods

marv2
08-20-2017, 12:06 PM
Oh this is great. So we may hear some new music from the great Dionne Warwick. I look forward to it. Thanks.

jack020
08-22-2017, 07:33 AM
Let's hope that glorious voice is still in good shape!

daviddesper
08-22-2017, 05:55 PM
I too would be excited at the prospects, since I am the original poster. But if she does record again, I probably speak for a lot of us when I make these two requests.......1) Please let's have only new material and no more re-hashes of the old stuff; and 2) Forget that the word "duet" ever existed. I want YOU Miss Dionne, not the rest of the musical world. If I want to listen to them, I will buy THEIR music!!

marv2
08-22-2017, 06:46 PM
I too would be excited at the prospects, since I am the original poster. But if she does record again, I probably speak for a lot of us when I make these two requests.......1) Please let's have only new material and no more re-hashes of the old stuff; and 2) Forget that the word "duet" ever existed. I want YOU Miss Dionne, not the rest of the musical world. If I want to listen to them, I will buy THEIR music!!

I agree with you on this one. I want pure Dionne 2017!

carlo
08-22-2017, 09:37 PM
Yes, please no more re-recordings. Please don't do a jazz album either. That's so overdone lol.

jack020
08-23-2017, 02:48 AM
https://youtu.be/Ifc8rZRCwMo

Dionne Warwick and Burt Bacharach: Live at The Rainbow Room [[1996)

reese
08-23-2017, 11:28 AM
I vaguely recall something about Dionne wanting to do a country album, but I have no idea if she is actually pursuing this.

PeaceNHarmony
08-24-2017, 10:12 AM
I vaguely recall something about Dionne wanting to do a country album, but I have no idea if she is actually pursuing this.
... one can only hope this is fake news ... Just ... "no" :)

Bluebrock
08-25-2017, 03:03 AM
Let's hope that glorious voice is still in good shape!
Sadly it is not. Dionne is one of my all time favourite performers but that once glorious voice ceased to be great several years ago.Dionne is a real trouper and does the best that she can these days, but having seen her live twice quite recently i am afraid the voice is well and truly gone. Her last couple of cd's have further illustrated this sad fact. Luckily we have all those magnificent scepter, warners and arista recordings to remember her by. A true one off.

PeaceNHarmony
08-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Sadly it is not. Dionne is one of my all time favourite performers but that once glorious voice ceased to be great several years ago.Dionne is a real trouper and does the best that she can these days, but having seen her live twice quite recently i am afraid the voice is well and truly gone. Her last couple of cd's have further illustrated this sad fact. Luckily we have all those magnificent scepter, warners and arista recordings to remember her by. A true one off.
Well that's unfortunate to hear. Is Dionne still smoking? And do you think she realizes how she sounds? Warwick has had financial problems so she may truly need the income.

daviddesper
08-26-2017, 12:25 AM
I hate to see this type of dialogue but what you guys say is painfully right on target. I personally think the big change was over 20 years ago, maybe closer to 30. For example, she still had the power in the Finders of Lost Love and Friends albums, but by the time Reservations For Two came out, she had toned it down. The Cole Porter album was a nice, bouncy little effort but did not have much range to it, and nothing since then has been what you could call a power ballad. It has been at least 10 years since I last saw her in concert and I am almost afraid to think what it must be like now. But bless her heart for continuing to try and maybe there can be a resurgence.

Bluebrock
08-26-2017, 02:03 AM
Well that's unfortunate to hear. Is Dionne still smoking? And do you think she realizes how she sounds? Warwick has had financial problems so she may truly need the income.
Yes she does still smoke and i strongly suspect this is one of the main reasons behind the loss of the range and beauty of that once magnificent voice.

Bluebrock
08-26-2017, 02:09 AM
I hate to see this type of dialogue but what you guys say is painfully right on target. I personally think the big change was over 20 years ago, maybe closer to 30. For example, she still had the power in the Finders of Lost Love and Friends albums, but by the time Reservations For Two came out, she had toned it down. The Cole Porter album was a nice, bouncy little effort but did not have much range to it, and nothing since then has been what you could call a power ballad. It has been at least 10 years since I last saw her in concert and I am almost afraid to think what it must be like now. But bless her heart for continuing to try and maybe there can be a resurgence.
I think she retained much of her vocal power until her departure from Arista. I have seen her live many times over the past few years and she has had average nights where she can still sound half decent, but mostly she struggles badly with her classic material. It is very sad to hear but she has to continue touring due to her financial situation.

carlo
08-26-2017, 06:36 AM
I've noticed an improvement in her vocals in the last year or so. She has regained some power and range. Rumour has it that she had some vocal surgery recently to remove nodules. This happened a little while before she went over to the uk to do some dates with Mary Wilson and Roberta Flack on a UK tour, as previous to those dates, she had not been touring for six months I believe...in order to let things heal properly. I noticed her voice does not sound as low and smokey as it once did. I would love to see her in concert sometime.

luke
08-26-2017, 11:11 AM
A friend of mine saw her this summer and said she was truly wonderful and sounded good.

rrussi
08-28-2017, 07:00 AM
That, in my opinion, is not a good move! She does not have a country music voice. And I agree with the above post about no more remakes. I hate those anyway and how do you improve something that was so unique and top quality the first time around?

Bluebrock
08-29-2017, 02:22 AM
I've noticed an improvement in her vocals in the last year or so. She has regained some power and range. Rumour has it that she had some vocal surgery recently to remove nodules. This happened a little while before she went over to the uk to do some dates with Mary Wilson and Roberta Flack on a UK tour, as previous to those dates, she had not been touring for six months I believe...in order to let things heal properly. I noticed her voice does not sound as low and smokey as it once did. I would love to see her in concert sometime.
I attended the tour with Roberta and Mary. It was one of her better recent performances so maybe this alleged surgery has made a difference. If that be the case i would indeed look forward to hearing her release an album of preferably new material. Thank you Carlo.

jack020
08-30-2017, 02:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2FJi77kGS4
An Evening With RUMER Featuring DIONNE WARWICK Saturday, July 29 at 7:30 pm
Her voice sounds pretty good to me here...

carlo
09-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Thank you for sharing the video of the show with Rumer, jack020. I enjoyed watching.

PeaceNHarmony
09-07-2017, 09:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2FJi77kGS4
An Evening With RUMER Featuring DIONNE WARWICK Saturday, July 29 at 7:30 pm
Her voice sounds pretty good to me here...
Sure looks good, too!

jack020
09-08-2017, 09:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS82QEPlhnI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8iD74lvnmw [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS82QEPlhnI)

More Dionne Live in 2017

Mark Desjardines
09-10-2017, 01:23 PM
For Dionne Warwick fans with concerns regarding her voice, I can attest that she sounded very good in Vancouver, Canada, September 9, 2017!

carlo
09-11-2017, 09:16 PM
For Dionne Warwick fans with concerns regarding her voice, I can attest that she sounded very good in Vancouver, Canada, September 9, 2017!

Glad you enjoyed, Mark! I had no doubts that she can still hold her own when it comes to performing :)