PDA

View Full Version : New Motown Book

test

lefty
08-17-2017, 04:16 PM
SDFers:

You may be interested in this new book [[https://www.amazon.com/Hear-Symphony-Motown-Crossover-Tracking/dp/0472036866/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=) on Motown.

Lefty

sansradio
08-17-2017, 05:53 PM
Thanks, lefty. One of my obsessions has always been the notion of "crossover" culture as it relates to the progress of African-Americans in history; this looks like just my cup of tea. I also notice that the author teaches at my brother's and sister's [[and several cousins') alma mater. I'll have to definitely check this one out!

luke
08-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Great topic. Academia needs to keep studies of Motown going!

lefty
08-18-2017, 12:21 PM
I'm the author.

I hope you get something out of it. I seem to think that the type of obsessives that occupy this forum should get something out of it. I mean that in a good way, of course. I often see questions fly across this list that are discussed [[and sometimes even footnoted) in the book. I also cite some of the important conversations that have occurred on SDF. This group is a real brain trust in many ways.

Thanks for reading.

jobeterob
08-18-2017, 12:38 PM
I'm the author.

I hope you get something out of it. I seem to think that the type of obsessives that occupy this forum should get something out of it. I mean that in a good way, of course. I often see questions fly across this list that are discussed [[and sometimes even footnoted) in the book. I also cite some of the important conversations that have occurred on SDF. This group is a real brain trust in many ways.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for the post.

Makes me way more interested.

splanky
08-18-2017, 12:41 PM
I'm the author.

Thanks for reading.

Dang!

This is quite a surprise. Looking forward to reading it....

sansradio
08-18-2017, 04:10 PM
I'm the author.

Thanks for reading.

Get outta here! Thanks so much for responding! Would love to chat with you about Carleton sometime; incidentally, my middle name is Carleton because my brother was a freshman there when I was born!

lefty
08-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Feel free to email anytime. You can find me on the school site.