PDA

View Full Version : Review of Black Detroit: Motown played a large role

test

woodward
08-13-2017, 04:28 PM
This appeared in today's Washington Post and makes mention of Motown in numerous ways. Written by Herb Boyd. Has anyone purchased and read this book?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/african-americans-working-playing-and-rebelling-in-detroit/2017/08/11/ac37c3fe-6b0f-11e7-96ab-5f38140b38cc_story.html?utm_term=.fe0dff84de5b

There was a great picture of the Motown Museum with a snow background which appeared in the print edition but did not come through on this link. Sorry.

TomatoTom123
08-13-2017, 09:07 PM
Interesting article, Bill. I don't have the book, but it looks good. I hope the author is right when he says that Detroit is back on the up! :)

sansradio
08-13-2017, 10:05 PM
Herb Boyd is quite an esteemed writer with a lot of important work under his belt; this should prove to be yet another feather in his cap. Thanks for the heads-up, woodward.

woodward
08-14-2017, 08:50 AM
Herb Boyd is quite an esteemed writer with a lot of important work under his belt; this should prove to be yet another feather in his cap. Thanks for the heads-up, woodward.

Thank you for pointing out his great authorships. I have in my collection a 3-part series entitled Motown: The Flip Side from the Metro Times in November/December 1983 which was a great article. Wish I could incorporate it into the Motown Forum, but it would take me days to type it all and I don't believe it is available on any internet links. Too bad as it was a great article on Motown.