PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of Gwendolyn Brooks

test

PeaceNHarmony
07-31-2017, 08:16 AM
Two new books dedicated to remembering the legacy of the first African American to win a Pulitzer Prize [[for her poetry) -

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/31/books/review/claudia-rankine-on-gwendolyn-brooks-golden-shovel-revise-the-psalm.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fb ooks&action=click&contentCollection=books&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

sansradio
07-31-2017, 12:03 PM
Wonderful news. Brooks was one of the world's literary visionaries. It's bracing to see her centennial so appropriately celebrated.

splanky
08-05-2017, 01:54 PM
I know almost no black people today under 50 who could appreciate
people like Gwen Brooks, Lorraine Hansberry, Langston Hughes or many of the other literary artists we enjoyed back when I was a kid. They think Souljah Boy and Lil Wayne are visionaries....

sansradio
08-18-2017, 03:31 AM
I know almost no black people today under 50 who could appreciate
people like Gwen Brooks, Lorraine Hansberry, Langston Hughes or many of the other literary artists we enjoyed back when I was a kid. They think Souljah Boy and Lil Wayne are visionaries....

Well, splanky, now you know one more under-50 [[barely) Black man who gets it. 😁