PDA

View Full Version : Jack Lalanne, The Excercise Guy Has Died. 1914-2011

test

marv2
01-24-2011, 08:05 PM
It was announced yesterday that Jack Lalanne has died at age 96. I can remember as a little kid before I had even started school getting in front of the TV to do my exercises with JACK LALANNE! hehehehehe!

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-jack-lalanne-20110124,0,6764075.story

Kamasu_Jr
01-24-2011, 08:13 PM
My eyes are raised to the sky. Unfortunately, like David Nelson, Jack LaLanne WAS someone only folks of a certain generation even remembered. I have to admit, my grandfather thought LaLanne was a bit "peculiar" because he often wore this tight jumpsuit and what appeared to be ballet slippers. But he lived to be 96. Obviously, he practiced what he preached.

marxthespot_
01-24-2011, 10:15 PM
The current fitness industry owes it's existence to Jack LaLanne...If you go to a gym, it is due in some way to him. He started back in the 1930s promoting exercise to the masses when doctors were saying that his workout routines would cause heart attacks in most people.....It is too bad that most of America is gaining weight these days.

stephanie
01-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Marv I saw him in the mornings too! He is revolutionary a lot of people dont know his fitness centers were all turned into Bali's about 200 of them when he sold them. Marx is right Richard Simmons, Jane Fonda, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers and many others should all pay homage to this man.

marv2
01-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Marv I saw him in the mornings too! He is revolutionary a lot of people dont know his fitness centers were all turned into Bali's about 200 of them when he sold them. Marx is right Richard Simmons, Jane Fonda, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers and many others should all pay homage to this man.

Well Stephanie, you must be of that "certain generation" like me! LOL! More power to you! Yes, they Bally's Fitness Centers all over Long Island here. One very close to where I live. We should all make such a mark in life.

RIP Jack!

arrr&bee
01-25-2011, 10:59 AM
My man jack,was a badd dude i remember being knee high to a duck and this cat was on the tv working out like these so-called excercise folks today only wish they could,he 's the godfather of all this fitness stuff today,god bless you jack lalanne your legend will live as long as people need shaping up and that's forever...r.i.p.