PDA

View Full Version : supremes a go go ./ your playlist

test

daviddh
07-28-2017, 05:19 PM
with the recent release of Go Go and the new mixes , if you were producers, what 12 tracks would you pick. it seems a few good tracks were left off....my fav In My Lonely Room.
here's my 12
love is an itching
this old heart
you cant hurry love
shake me wake me
cant get no satisfaction
these boots are made for walking
uptight
get ready
in my lonely room
can I get a witness
come on and see me
money

put yourself in my place seems out of place to me?

RanRan79
07-28-2017, 05:55 PM
I had a little trouble coming up with my list. There were a few hard decisions to make. I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been for HDH to figure out what to put on and what to leave off. But here's my lineup:

1)Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart
2)This Old Heart of Mine
3)You Can't Hurry Love
4)Shake Me, Wake Me
5)Baby I Need Your Loving
6)These Boots Are Made for Walking
7)Come On and See Me
8)Get Ready
9)It's the Same Old Song [[the first version)
10)Satisfaction
11)Come and Get These Memories
12)Mother Dear [[the mix on the expanded edition)

I originally kept "Put Yourself In My Place" but removed it in favor of "It's the Same Old Song". And I removed "Get Ready" in favor of "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted". But I think the album works best as a dance album and I feel "Same Old Song" has a more danceable beat than "Put Yourself" and "Brokenhearted" is just too slow.

I still think it's a shame that "Mother Dear" didn't make the original album lineup in '66.

John G. Stumpf
07-31-2017, 11:40 PM
Interesting article on the Supremes in Boys Life 2/67
[[https://books.google.com/books?id=M_RB9NtETNoC&pg=PT1&lpg=PT1&dq=%22Mary+Wilson%22+%22Diana+Ross%22+cocaine&source=bl&ots=lseucxRIIJ&sig=ZrqzyF1n8huY_f1XFoHHeryxZuQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi2ifjijbXVAhVEyj4KHWvAAXk4ChDoAQhEMAY#v =onepage&q=%22Mary%20Wilson%22%20%22Diana%20Ross%22%20cocai ne&f=false)