PDA

View Full Version : Trying to track down Curtis Woodson

test

PSansom
07-26-2017, 11:38 AM
Hey gang, Pip from the documentary here. I have a very quick question for you....has anyone ever had any contact with Curtis Woodson who published a book called Memories Of The 1962 Motown Revue: A Photographic Journal. I'm trying to track down either his publisher or his family so that we might be able to see and use the photos in our film. I'm not having much luck!
xx

woodward
07-26-2017, 12:20 PM
I know for a fact that Mr. Woodson has died. The publisher, even at the time the book was published, appeared to be a illegitimate publisher as I was never able to make any contact with them.

Maybe Marv2 can add his thoughts on this matter. I have the book which is very scarce. It was personally autographed by him. I had spoken to him one time on the phone and he was hoping and praying to make a million dollars off publication of this book which I don't think happened. They are extremely difficult to locate.

stingbeelee
07-26-2017, 02:41 PM
If I am remembering correctly, Curtis Woodson worked for one of the local news channels here [[either channel four-WDIV or channel seven-WXYZ). Perhaps you can call them and ask for one of the producers.

marv2
07-26-2017, 05:14 PM
I know for a fact that Mr. Woodson has died. The publisher, even at the time the book was published, appeared to be a illegitimate publisher as I was never able to make any contact with them.

Maybe Marv2 can add his thoughts on this matter. I have the book which is very scarce. It was personally autographed by him. I had spoken to him one time on the phone and he was hoping and praying to make a million dollars off publication of this book which I don't think happened. They are extremely difficult to locate.

I bought the book too about 5-10 years ago. You did more than I did. I never spoke to him personally. Still I will try to see if I can find something out.

marv2
07-26-2017, 05:15 PM
If I am remembering correctly, Curtis Woodson worked for one of the local news channels here [[either channel four-WDIV or channel seven-WXYZ). Perhaps you can call them and ask for one of the producers.

Stingbeelee, Buzz Lutrell of WXYZ is also a member here. He posted looking for help on something on the main forum about 2-3 months ago

PSansom
07-27-2017, 09:37 AM
I bought the book too about 5-10 years ago. You did more than I did. I never spoke to him personally. Still I will try to see if I can find something out. Thanks Marv2. Let me know if you find anything out. We haven't yet seen any of the photos that are in the book, are any online?

woodward
07-27-2017, 09:43 AM
I don't think any are online. Most of the photos in the book are
designated: An original copyrighted Curtis E. Woodson Photograph.

caliluv
07-27-2017, 06:12 PM
I also have a copy of the book

PSansom
07-28-2017, 05:48 AM
Is there anyone who would be willing to lend us a copy of the book? We'd pay for postage costs and return it to you in original condition? We're just having problems tracking a copy down at the moment.

marv2
07-28-2017, 02:13 PM
Is there anyone who would be willing to lend us a copy of the book? We'd pay for postage costs and return it to you in original condition? We're just having problems tracking a copy down at the moment.

Psansom, check this out:

https://www.amazon.com/Memories-1962-Motown-Revue-Photographic/dp/0975521810

marv2
07-28-2017, 02:14 PM
and this:

https://openlibrary.org/books/OL11808219M/Memories_Of_The_1962_Motown_Revue