PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson on PBS Tavis Smiley full interview

test

luke
07-21-2017, 11:58 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSYP1sdX_eE

marv2
07-22-2017, 12:05 AM
Oh yes I remember this interview. I was in Detroit when I saw it. Thank you Luke!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSYP1sdX_eE&app=desktop

blackguy69
07-22-2017, 12:27 AM
I saw it too. This interview is still on Travis smileys' pbs website

luke
07-22-2017, 12:27 AM
My pleasure Marv. One of her best. Travis has an ability to make people feel comfortable and you could tell he thoroughly enjoyed Mary. They covered a lot...Diana, Jean, her charity work, jazz, upset over internet negativity etc. Great interview!

detmotownguy
07-22-2017, 01:04 AM
My pleasure Marv. One of her best. Travis has an ability to make people feel comfortable and you could tell he thoroughly enjoyed Mary. They covered a lot...Diana, Jean, her charity work, jazz, upset over internet negativity etc. Great interview!
Thanks Luke! Mary is wonderful!

marv2
07-22-2017, 12:05 PM
This interview reminded me of the one Mary did with Donnie Simpson on Video Soul - BET in the late 80s. They got along so well that they were laughing through most of the interview.

Motown Eddie
07-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Thanks to both Luke & Marv2 for sharing the Mary Wilson clip. Even though it's from a few years ago, it still feels like it was done yesterday.

marv2
07-22-2017, 03:28 PM
Thanks to both Luke & Marv2 for sharing the Mary Wilson clip. Even though it's from a few years ago, it still feels like it was done yesterday.

Thanks Motown Eddie

Circa 1824
07-22-2017, 08:52 PM
It is amazing how ordinary, absolutely ordinary, Mary Wilson is both as a person and entertainer. There is nothing that draws me to her.

If I watch her interviews, it is only to learn something new about Diana Ross. But, Wilson tells the same stories, in the most ordinary way, over and over and over again.

blackguy69
07-22-2017, 09:03 PM
It is amazing how ordinary, absolutely ordinary, Mary Wilson is both as a person and entertainer. There is nothing that draws me to her.

If I watch her interviews, it is only to learn something new about Diana Ross. But, Wilson tells the same stories, in the most ordinary way, over and over and over again.

It's been pretty calm these past few weeks. The last thing that needs to happen is another war with comments like that. If anything else at least keep it pleasant

marv2
07-22-2017, 09:26 PM

Something drew you to her or you wouldn't be in this thread!

luke
07-22-2017, 10:13 PM
Exactly. Mary charms everyone with her down to earth charm. She never acts superior...one reason she is so popular!

milven
07-23-2017, 12:40 PM
Something drew you to her or you wouldn't be in this thread!

True. Just as somethinng draws you to the Diana Ross threads even though you dont care for her.

I love the Supremes and like all the individual members So the Supreme legacy drew me here.

marv2
07-23-2017, 12:44 PM
True. Just as somethinng draws you to the Diana Ross threads even though you dont care for her.

I love the Supremes and like all the individual members So the Supreme legacy drew me here.

Yeah, there is something that draws me to her. She's [[Diana Ross)is a thread topic on the forum all the time. He said that there was nothing that draws him to Mary Wilson which I found to be strange.

marv2
07-23-2017, 12:54 PM
I love Mary Wilson's interviews and evidently there are others out there that do as well.

LoveSupreme
07-25-2017, 08:55 PM
Watching Mary in this interview I have a newfound respect for her. I am glad that she continues doing what she loves the most - - - performing on stage. She is very aware of what she can do as a vocalist as she acknowledges that she excels at ballads and jazz. She knows her strengths. Bless her.