PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Jones Testifies Against the MJ Estate

test

sansradio
07-20-2017, 08:16 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/quincy-jones-testifies-michael-jackson-estate-article-1.3342898

TomatoTom123
07-20-2017, 08:55 PM
Hmm, I didn't know about this. Interesting. Thanks for sharing sans :)

sansradio
07-21-2017, 01:35 AM
Hmm, I didn't know about this. Interesting. Thanks for sharing sans :)

No sweat, TomatoTom. Those lawyers are snakes.

StuBass1
07-21-2017, 02:01 AM
Quincy is legendary...but when he says he doesn't care what's on paper, I have to take issue...That's what contracts are for. It doesn't matter how much time he spent with MJ in the studio, whether more than Michaels family or not...Quincy's compensation was written into his contracts and agreements while MJ's family is the beneficiary in his will, not Quincy, and Quincy was handsomely paid for his contributions...Just because MJ is no longer with us, it doesn't usurp the financial rights of MJ's rightful heirs to his estate and his artistic product...Quincy is wrong on this one...

Boogiedown
07-21-2017, 03:36 AM
instead of being grateful to Quincy for all that he brought to the table .

sickening

marv2
07-21-2017, 10:39 AM
This case makes me angry for a lot of reasons. It seems the more things change , the more they remain the same! This is exactly the type of thing that went on with untold number of singers, performers, writers from the 50s.60s.70s.80s etc!

If Quincy Jones were worth only $300, they would still do the same thing to him that they are trying to do now! What irritates me most about this situation is that everyone in that courtroom knows that none of that money generated from those recordings would have occurred had Quincy Jones not produced them to begin with. I remember seeing a film back in the 80s of Michael working with Quincy in the studio, along with all the pictures of them working together. But this is how so many artists, especially black artists ended up broke in the end.

StuBass1
07-21-2017, 10:59 AM
But Quincy wasn't destitute when he, in his own free will, signed contracts and agreed to terms to produce recordings for Michael Jackson. Were Michael alive today, does anyone think Quincy would be suing MJ???...Of course not. MJ spelled out who were his heirs and it was his children...not Quincy...As for the lawyers...true, they are parasites and Quincy going to court is only making all the lawyers more and more money, but Quincy should know that contracts mean more than the paper they are written on...They are legal [[and moral and ethical) agreements when signed by ones own free will and not under duress...

Boogiedown
07-23-2017, 02:46 AM
legal schmegal .

how about someone just stepping up and doing something that's morally right for a change?

what these greedy grimy lawyers could do is say:

" You know Mr. Jones, we've looked this over and we see your point and those earlier contracts were drawn up in a way that have wound up shortchanging you. You , of all people, who certainly deserves your fare dues more than any of us sitting here at this table. Well, you know what , contracts can be rewritten and that's exactly what were going to do here.
Again, it's the least we can do , those of us who in realty have contributed so little to the production of this music and yet gain so much, yes it's the least we can do to express our appreciation and indebtedness to the man whose gifted talents have so lucratively lined our sapsucking pockets."

Then in proper reverence, they should bow and crawl out of the room backwards.

StuBass1
07-23-2017, 11:57 PM
legal schmegal .

how about someone just stepping up and doing something that's morally right for a change?
what these greedy grimy lawyers could do is say:

" You know Mr. Jones, we've looked this over and we see your point and those earlier contracts were drawn up in a way that have wound up shortchanging you. You , of all people, who certainly deserves your fare dues more than any of us sitting here at this table. Well, you know what , contracts can be rewritten and that's exactly what were going to do here.
Again, it's the least we can do , those of us who in realty have contributed so little to the production of this music and yet gain so much, yes it's the least we can do to express our appreciation and indebtedness to the man whose gifted talents have so lucratively lined our sapsucking pockets."

Then in proper reverence, they should bow and crawl out of the room backwards.
Well and good...but the lawyers represent the interests of the Jackson children and the family...If Quincy didn't like the terms of the contract to produce those recordings, he shouldn't have taken the gig...

Boogiedown
07-25-2017, 12:57 AM
Well and good...but the lawyers represent the interests of the Jackson children and the family

Wouldn't it be in their interests to be decent , rightful, grateful people ?

...If Quincy didn't like the terms of the contract to produce those recordings, he shouldn't have taken the gig...

I wonder why his lawyers then didn't say right off, "sorry Dude [[pun intended), but you signed the papers , there's nothing you can do now. "

StuBass1
07-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Aren't we speaking about the perception of "greedy" lawyers? Does anyone believe Q's lawyers are working for free? Often in these types of litigation...the ONLY winners are the attorneys. Also, the hope of the Jones team may just be that the family will relent and throw some money his way in order to avoid being tied up in court with actions, appeals, etc for years...In other words, while believing the law is on their side...paying off some money as a "nuisance. This is not about Quincys contributions to MJ projects or even career...it should come down to what's on the papers that were signed and MJ's right to leave whatever he chose to his rightful heirs...All that said, if there were agreements that Quincy is owed more money and the family is concealing it from him, then he has a right to pursue his interests and sue to collect. On the other hand, if Quincy just maintains that he should get more money because he was more instrumental to Michaels successful albums than the family who ended up with Michaels estate...then I'd say he has no case...Otherwise...lots of musicians, arrangers, engineers, and managers, and LAWYERS will also get in line to get what the believe should be THEIR fair share due to their artistic and managerial contributions to Michaels projects and career...

Boogiedown
07-26-2017, 01:15 AM
Ya , I suppose next, the tambourine player on WANNA BE STARTIN' SOMETHIN' will show up saying, 'how about me , I made that record!'
Good stuff StuBass1! I get your points.

On another note on this case, I had to roll my eyes when Quincy in his defense said something about "remember I'm a father too! "

Ya of about a dozen kids scattered around from about eight women . Hardly a convincing model of someone who wants to play the concerned good father card!:p

sansradio
07-27-2017, 04:58 AM
Eat this: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/michael-jackson-estate-owes-quincy-jones-9-4-million-rules-jury-article-1.3359412

John G. Stumpf
07-30-2017, 09:53 AM
I was concerned that Quincy is using a wheelchair these days.

Roberta75
07-30-2017, 11:13 AM
I was concerned that Quincy is using a wheelchair these days.

Hes almost 85 why do you want from him? Cartwheels?

Boogiedown
07-31-2017, 12:14 AM
well, maybe the tambourine player should come forward! :rolleyes:

Judge: "This young lady says she played the tambourine on your father's bazillion selling album and due to further use of the music deserves additional compensation.
Now children of Michael Jackson, from your perspective and in defense of your interests in this matter , what did the three of you contribute? "

Blanket: "uhhh, ... nothin'...."

:plol!