PDA

View Full Version : Patti labelle's self titled debut remastered & reissued

test

glencro
01-23-2011, 10:24 PM
• 1977 brought the split of LaBelle and with that Patti embarked on her solo career with Epic Records.

• Her self-titled, debut solo album, produced by the legendary David Rubinson, soared to #16 in the R&B charts and gained a top 100 spot in the pop charts reaching #62. Patti LaBelle’s incredible vocal talent is easily evident on the track YOU ARE MY FRIEND, Co-written by Patti and dedicated to her son, a song which she still performs to this day and is firm fan favorite. PATTI LABELLE also features her top 40 R&B single, the string-laden upbeat, JOY TO HAVE YOUR LOVE and the funk guitar driven cover of, FUNKY MUSIC [[SHO’NUFF TURNS ME ON).

• Originally released on Epic Records, BBR is proud to present this newly re-mastered and re-packaged expanded edition of Patti LaBelle’s, PATTI LABELLE complete with extensive liner notes featuring an interview with David Rubinson and added bonus content.

• Released in deluxe Super Jewel cases, this BBR Re-Master is a must have for any Soul, Funk and Disco fans.

1. JOY TO HAVE YOUR LOVE
2. FUNKY MUSIC [[SHO’NUFF TURNS ME ON)
3. SINCE I DON’T HAVE YOU
4. DAN SWIT ME
5. YOU ARE MY FRIEND
6. YOU CAN’T JUDGE A BOOK BY THE COVER
7. I THINK ABOUT YOU
8. DO I STAND A CHANCE
9. MOST LIKELY YOU GO YOUR WAY [[AND I’LL GO MINE)

BONUS TRACK:

10. JOY TO HAVE YOUR LOVE [[SINGLE VERSION)
See More
Wall

glencro
01-23-2011, 10:34 PM
will be released on the Uk's Big Break Records

Kamasu_Jr
01-24-2011, 01:12 PM
One of her follow up albums on Epic is also being reissued. And there's a compilation coming from Sony.

brother_love
01-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Her third solo album "It's Alright With Me" is also being reissued by BBR.

carlo
01-24-2011, 04:17 PM
I only became a full-fledged Patti fan two years ago...so I missed these releases the first time around. Great news!! :cool: