PDA

View Full Version : Latimore with Sweet Angel

test

heikki
07-16-2017, 12:00 PM
Hi!

Both Latimore and Sweet Angel out of Memphis have released good new CDs and they are both interviewed at

http://www.soulexpress.net/deep4_2017.htm

Also a new book on Otis Redding is reviewed there.

Best regards
Heikki

daviddesper
07-16-2017, 02:26 PM
"Anything else" to report? And you know what I mean!!

See the post I am about to make also.

heikki
07-17-2017, 01:39 AM
Hi David!

Not yet! Let's both be patient. I think in a few month's time we both can enjoy a new book on Denise.

Best regards
Heikki

PeaceNHarmony
07-17-2017, 08:13 AM
Thanks, Heikki; it's good to see the Latimore cd getting press.

daviddesper
07-17-2017, 11:24 PM
Thanks Heikki, but it is hard to listen to a book!!

heikki
07-18-2017, 02:07 PM
Hi David!

Actually you can do it, but hardly hear anything.

daviddesper
07-18-2017, 11:32 PM
Sigh! Even though I realize that she is 78 now, I just expect her to keep going and have at least a few more years of telling that no good man of hers what he should be doing. I wouldn't be so frustrated if it were not for the fact that there were TWO different CDs that were supposed to have been out in the last year or two.......that one on the Chi Jaxx or whatever it is label and the one entitled Cougar on the Loose. I just don't understand how projects can be started but not finished. Oh well, just my usual selfish outlook I guess. Excuse my venting!

heikki
07-19-2017, 01:32 AM
Hi David!

I think the main reason for delays was her surgeries.

Any feedback on Latimore or Sweet Angel?

Best regards
Heikki

daviddesper
07-19-2017, 11:40 PM
Although I liked Latimore's duets with Denise, I would not be interested enough to buy a CD just of him. As for Sweet Angel, I have seen the name but do not have any of her material. However, I am somewhat familiar with others on her label and from her generation. For example, I have a CD or two by Sheba Potts Wright, and I just ordered a CD by Queen Emily, mainly because it was on Malaco. I think I have a CD by Nellie Tiger Travis also. Is she similar to any of those ladies?

heikki
07-20-2017, 01:55 AM
Hi David!

At times she's close to Sheba, but on her bluesier tracks she reminds you of Nellie, too.

The Queen Emily CD really is a good one:
http://www.soulexpress.net/deep410.htm#queenemily

Best regards
Heikki

daviddesper
07-20-2017, 11:37 PM
I have gotten the shipping notice for Queen Emily. So I will know soon enough what I think of her.