PDA

View Full Version : A great photo of Miss Ross in Austin last night. LEGEND

test

Roberta75
07-07-2017, 03:47 PM
ACL Live label her "The Queen" What a real great photo.

https://twitter.com/acllive/status/883141093595938817

Enjoy.

reese
07-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Very nice!

PeaceNHarmony
07-07-2017, 04:14 PM
ACL Live label her "The Queen" What a real great photo.

https://twitter.com/acllive/status/883141093595938817

Enjoy.
LOVE it! Unfortunately it doesn't look like the audience is having any fun :rolleyes: Thanks for posting, Ms. Roberta, and have a wonderful weekend!

PeaceNHarmony
07-07-2017, 04:17 PM
... but don't anybody let Aretha know Diana was called 'The Queen' ! Lordy we don't want to go through THAT again :):D;)

longtimefan
07-07-2017, 04:35 PM
LOVE it! Unfortunately it doesn't look like the audience is having any fun :rolleyes: Thanks for posting, Ms. Roberta, and have a wonderful weekend!

How do you judge "not having fun?" Everyone is standing, it's a still shot, no audio, and it's highlighted in purple and shadows. What would "fun" look more like???? LOL

Roberta75
07-07-2017, 04:52 PM
... but don't anybody let Aretha know Diana was called 'The Queen' ! Lordy we don't want to go through THAT again :):D;)

Aretha takes her tittle a bit too serious imo. LOL

TomatoTom123
07-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Ahhhhh, I love it!!! The arms outstretched and up in the air... microphone in one hand... a dazzling dress flowing down her... in front of hundreds of fans!

PeaceNHarmony
07-07-2017, 08:33 PM
How do you judge "not having fun?" Everyone is standing, it's a still shot, no audio, and it's highlighted in purple and shadows. What would "fun" look more like???? LOL
I think you did not catch the irony in my comment. It's obvious to me that the audience is enraptured. As Ross audiences pretty much always are.

Circa 1824
07-07-2017, 09:09 PM
As a man, that picture of Aretha makes me want to barf.

Diana needs to use large screens during her stage show as virtually every other act does. If you are in the balcony, as I was at the King's Theater in Brooklyn, the audience was texting, chatting on the phone and to each other because it felt too distant from the star to sustain one's attention. Those in the very front get the real excitement without screens.

longtimefan
07-07-2017, 09:15 PM
I think you did not catch the irony in my comment. It's obvious to me that the audience is enraptured. As Ross audiences pretty much always are.

I apologize!!! We are on the same page then!!!! I thought I was really missing something! Duh!!

Thanks for your kind response.

captainjames
07-07-2017, 09:43 PM
That really is a great pic Roberta--- Thank you for sharing -- "hugs"

Roberta75
07-07-2017, 11:48 PM
That really is a great pic Roberta--- Thank you for sharing -- "hugs"

Welcomome dear Captain.

Fondly,

Roberta

vgalindo
07-08-2017, 02:23 AM
Beautiful picture. Thank you Roberta.

Roberta75
07-08-2017, 01:07 PM
Beautiful picture. Thank you Roberta.

Welcome my dear.

fondly,

Roberta

jobeterob
07-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the picture.

arr&bee
07-10-2017, 06:34 PM
... But don't anybody let aretha know diana was called 'the queen' ! Lordy we don't want to go through that again :):d;)but aretha is the queen!!

marv2
07-10-2017, 09:44 PM
but aretha is the queen!!

Aretha is Queen! We are still living in "The Age of Aretha" thank God!

Bluebrock
07-11-2017, 07:36 AM
but aretha is the queen!!
We are living in the age where we can still thankfully appreciate legends such as Aretha, Diana, Gladys, Dionne and Patti. None of these great ladies have anything left to prove having had great success on stage, record and screen. May they all be with us for many years to come.

marv2
07-11-2017, 08:00 AM
We are living in the age where we can still thankfully appreciate legends such as Aretha, Diana, Gladys, Dionne and Patti. None of these great ladies have anything left to prove having had great success on stage, record and screen. May they all be with us for many years to come.

Aretha is the Queen................

vgalindo
07-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Aretha is the Queen................
Aretha is the queen of Soul music!!

arr&bee
07-11-2017, 01:40 PM
Long live the queen!!

marv2
07-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Aretha is the queen of Soul music!!

She is the Queen of All Popular Music in America. Aretha has sung Soul, Pop, R&B, Jazz and even Opera. I cannot recall the number Presidents she has sung for at the moment.

She is a National Treasure!

marv2
07-11-2017, 07:47 PM
Long live the queen!!

Long Live the Queen Indeed!!!

vgalindo
07-11-2017, 07:59 PM
I like Aretha but I prefer Gladys, Dionne, Natalie, and Diana.

PeaceNHarmony
07-11-2017, 08:26 PM
I clutch my pearls in utter horror :D

vgalindo
07-11-2017, 09:05 PM
I clutch my pearls in utter horror :D
I know. Aretha has made some great music but I have only bought the greatest hits albums of hers. I bought and have all the albums of Gladys, Natalie, Diana, and Dionne. It's just a personal preference.

PeaceNHarmony
07-11-2017, 09:19 PM
I know. Aretha has made some great music but I have only bought the greatest hits albums of hers. I bought and have all the albums of Gladys, Natalie, Diana, and Dionne. It's just a personal preference.
Well it's certainly good company and a tremendous output of great work. Methinks Natalie was the most under-rated. Her 'Take A Look' cd is a killer [[as are many others).

marv2
07-11-2017, 09:33 PM
Aretha had the definitive version......

Aretha FRANKLIN - " Take A Look" [[1964)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbND69CaJQg

Bluebrock
07-12-2017, 02:31 AM
It is all about personal preference. I adore all of these ladies and many others of the same era such as Patti and Mavis. We are all entitled to have our personal favourites. Many cite Aretha as their favourite , others prefer one of the other great ladies. It is all cool.Live and let live.

vgalindo
07-12-2017, 05:27 PM
It is all about personal preference. I adore all of these ladies and many others of the same era such as Patti and Mavis. We are all entitled to have our personal favourites. Many cite Aretha as their favourite , others prefer one of the other great ladies. It is all cool.Live and let live.
I agree. I just don't like it when people think their opinion and preferences are the right one. I love Mavis and Patti too. Everybody does have their own personal favorites and should respect everyone else's opinions.

Roberta75
07-12-2017, 05:51 PM

Yes if we all live and let live the worlds would be a much better place.

Fondly.

Roberta

carlo
07-14-2017, 07:10 PM
Diana needs to use large screens during her stage show as virtually every other act does. If you are in the balcony, as I was at the King's Theater in Brooklyn, the audience was texting, chatting on the phone and to each other because it felt too distant from the star to sustain one's attention. Those in the very front get the real excitement without screens.

The last time I saw Miss Ross, they had large screens up, projecting the footage to people in the back. This particular venue always has large screens though. It depends on the venue. Older theaters or more intimate venues likely cannot accommodate the screens and it seems that Miss Ross no longer consistently travels with the big screen she has been known to use in her show. There was a time [[10 years ago) when she specifically requested that a venue's screens be turned off. This is no longer the case.