PDA

View Full Version : Aretha postpones Toronto Jazz Fest Show per doctor's orders

test

carlo
06-26-2017, 03:57 PM
We were looking forward to seeing Aretha on Canada Day this coming Saturday. She was headlining the 2017 TD Jazz Festival in Toronto and was scheduled to perform at the Sony Center. I just received a voicemail from Ticketmaster that the show has been postponed per doctor's orders, as Aretha is unable to travel at this time. The show has been rescheduled to June 28th, 2018. Hope Aretha is doing ok. Praying and wishing the best for her. I know she has been up and down a lot in recent years and there have been a lot of cancellations. I am debating whether I should hold on to my tickets. I may opt for the refund at this point, since a year is a long time away. Hope she gets better soon!

carlo
06-26-2017, 04:00 PM
On second thought, I think I will hold on to my tickets :)

reese
06-26-2017, 04:16 PM
I had the same dilemma recently, although it wasn't due to ill health. I had a ticket to see Janet Jackson before she postponed her tour due to her pregnancy. At the time, there was some confusion over when the rescheduled concert would take place, and I honestly didn't think it would. So I got a refund. Imagine my surprise when Janet recently did reschedule the tour. As luck would have it, I ended up in a seat in the same section that I had for the first show.

Re Aretha, she has canceled quite a few shows in recent weeks. I do hope that she is ok, but in recent photos I have seen, she doesn't look well.

sansradio
06-26-2017, 04:27 PM
Here's hoping The Queen bounces back.

And Reese, I held on to my Janet tix! ;)

PeaceNHarmony
06-28-2017, 08:14 AM
Here's an article from yesterday's Billboard -

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7849075/aretha-franklin-cancels-show-toronto-health-concerns [[http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7849075/aretha-franklin-cancels-show-toronto-health-concerns)

drlorne
06-29-2017, 10:46 PM
Aretha is too unreliable and has been for many years now. I would not get tickets to see her because of this. Carlo, get your refund.
I also don't think she enjoys performing or enjoys her audiences, they way some other performers do.

marv2
06-30-2017, 12:26 AM
Aretha is too unreliable and has been for many years now. I would not get tickets to see her because of this. Carlo, get your refund.
I also don't think she enjoys performing or enjoys her audiences, they way some other performers do.

She may be really sick too. She ask for prayers during her Detroit Music Weekend performance the week before last.