PDA

View Full Version : A real sad video about Flo Ballards kids from the 1990S

test

Roberta75
06-25-2017, 08:37 PM
Glad there doing a lot better today. Youd think the people commenting on the video was family of Flos and Dianes. SMH.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hDyWaM8xrnE&ebc=ANyPxKqZ1pAdQYF_MtBb5RuAU00gJgmZWSuQXfWR2Wm392 WjXKXNL0S-ImSP6mDWYYMZIKViaLupxLaLsKiQM6CYxa_toqwfvw

Circa 1824
06-26-2017, 07:20 AM
Did they never think about a J-O-B ???

Instead taxpayers, Diana, and Mary must pay their rent and food. hmmmmmmmmm

PeaceNHarmony
06-26-2017, 07:30 AM
Well, quite an outdated story - 23 years old in fact. I'd like to presume the family has long since moved on from Florence's death [[as we all must do with deaths in our own families) and taken on the responsibilities of their own adult-hoods. I'm somewhat confused by the one comment about Wilson having a 'golden pass' in Detroit while others are demonized; if Wilson had been such a great help to the Ballard family why were they in such dire straits?

blackguy69
06-26-2017, 09:11 AM
Well, quite an outdated story - 23 years old in fact. I'd like to presume the family has long since moved on from Florence's death [[as we all must do with deaths in our own families) and taken on the responsibilities of their own adult-hoods. I'm somewhat confused by the one comment about Wilson having a 'golden pass' in Detroit while others are demonized; if Wilson had been such a great help to the Ballard family why were they in such dire straits?

I think that's just one persons opinion. At the end, Diana and Mary's first priority are their kids and family. Then everyone else.

PeaceNHarmony
06-26-2017, 09:28 AM
I think that's just one persons opinion. At the end, Diana and Mary's first priority are their kids and family. Then everyone else.
I guess I'd have to agree with all of your points. When discussing Florence lo these 41 years later I always get turned off by some people's need to demonize some parties, deify others, and in the end never learn anything from the story. No one doubts Ballard's contribution to American culture and Black American history. That is what should be remembered first, and secondly, learn from Florence's own recorded words: 'I didn't read the contracts'.

Roberta75
06-26-2017, 09:50 AM
Lisa Chapman has a great job and Nicole Ballard is helping her son Apple get his music career going. Hes real talented imo.

PeaceNHarmony
06-26-2017, 10:39 AM
Lisa Chapman has a great job and Nicole Ballard is helping her son Apple get his music career going. Hes real talented imo.
Good for Lisa and Nicole! I'll look up Apple and see if I can find links to his music. Thanks for the info, Ms. Roberta! Florence would be proud to know of these family successes :)