PDA

View Full Version : DIANA ROSS Question

test

Motown-1101
06-23-2017, 08:12 PM
Greetings All!

I am looking to sell a few items from my Diana Ross memorabilia archives, a collection I've been curating since 1975. I would imagine Soulful Detroit is probably not the proper venue for such artifacts, so my question to all Motown aficionados is: Is there a formal marketplace site for Ross collectors? These pieces are too rare for the likes of an ebay, etc. Thanks in advance for your help. :o

PeaceNHarmony
06-23-2017, 08:22 PM
Greetings All!

I am looking to sell a few items from my Diana Ross memorabilia archives, a collection I've been curating since 1975. I would imagine Soulful Detroit is probably not the proper venue for such artifacts, so my question to all Motown aficionados is: Is there a formal marketplace site for Ross collectors? These pieces are too rare for the likes of an ebay, etc. Thanks in advance for your help. :o
Hmmm ... perhaps message me?

Roberta75
06-23-2017, 09:03 PM
Greetings All!

Oh Im sure Marv2 would be real interested in your collection.

BayouMotownMan
06-23-2017, 09:25 PM
Oh Im sure Marv2 would be real interested in your collection.

ROFL Roberta. He probably already has most of this stuff

Roberta75
06-23-2017, 09:46 PM
ROFL Roberta. He probably already has most of this stuff

Aint that the truth. LOL

jobucats
06-24-2017, 11:50 AM
Greetings All!

The previous comments have been comical, however, Motown 1101 has posted a similar query to mine several months ago: Where is the market for Motown artifacts and collections either to sell or to donate?

My reaching out to local universities here in Atlanta have resulted in polite "no thank yous" when offering to donate items.

As Motown-1101 stated, any help or advice is appreciated.

Motown-1101
07-30-2017, 04:29 PM
All joking aside, I am anything but the "casual" Ross collector. What I am trying to do is clear my storage unit of the bigger pieces I no longer have room for, and wanted to pass them along to the seriously interested. I'll most likely be keeping the gold records, the inter-office memorandum, documents and one-off pieces that Miss Ross has gifted me over the years; it's more the rare artifacts like the 7-foot transparency from the 2005 MAC Cosmetics BEAUTY ICON series and the 1979 billboard from The Boss [[both pictured here) that would be wonderful additions to the archives of the serious Ross-O-Phile. As I stated earlier, I realize Soulful Detroit is not a marketplace. I just thought it would be a courtesy to mention them here first and was hoping for some suggestions before taking the standard Ebay route. 13335 13334

marv2
07-31-2017, 12:28 AM
The previous comments have been comical, however, Motown 1101 has posted a similar query to mine several months ago: Where is the market for Motown artifacts and collections either to sell or to donate?

My reaching out to local universities here in Atlanta have resulted in polite "no thank yous" when offering to donate items.

As Motown-1101 stated, any help or advice is appreciated.

I would check into donating them to the Hitsville Museum in Detroit. With the huge 50,000 sq/ft addition that is planned, they will have plenty of room for your artifacts. I plan to donate some things myself.

PeaceNHarmony
07-31-2017, 11:20 AM
THE BILLBOARD!!! Right?