PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross and the Supremes RETURN TO LOVE Back on YouTube!

test

PeaceNHarmony
06-21-2017, 08:01 PM
The jumpsuits, right? Now THAT'S how a Supreme wears red!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7oEsAntMZQ

thanxal
06-21-2017, 09:14 PM
Oh this is going to go soooooo well.

vgalindo
06-21-2017, 10:47 PM
Love them. Great show. I sure wish there was a professional DVD release.

PeaceNHarmony
06-22-2017, 05:38 AM
Love them. Great show. I sure wish there was a professional DVD release.
I as well; such a great show. The singing, presentation, and [[of course!) costumes are superb.

jobucats
06-22-2017, 07:57 AM
Oh this is going to go soooooo well.

thanxal, I have my big bucket of popcorn and a 32 ounce soda all ready.....

thanxal
06-22-2017, 08:17 AM
thanxal, I have my big bucket of popcorn and a 32 ounce soda all ready.....
Ill remain positive on hope for the best

PeaceNHarmony
06-22-2017, 06:37 PM
Ill remain positive on hope for the best
One ex: Supreme had free popcorn as an enticement to see her show a year or so ago. Just sayin'. It's a theme.

captainjames
06-22-2017, 08:42 PM
As the years roll by this will be become iconic and a performance that should not have been missed.

thanxal
06-22-2017, 08:55 PM
So far so good. Let's keep it positive and appreciate the music.

Since I consider each lady a Supreme, I originally had no problem with RTL. I did, however, have a minor quibble with the fact that such talented singers as Scherrie Payne and Lynda Laurence were relegated to "the background". I really appreciate[[d) Scherrie Payne and hoped she got more direct face time. But it was 2000 and most people only knew "The Supremes" as gramma's music.

I hope beyond hope that Diana, Mary and Cindy will sing 10 seconds of a snippet together before one of them move on from this realm. I don't think they know how much they mean to us. Same for Jean, Lynda, Scherrie, and Susaye. I'm not sure the "70s Supremes" know how much we love and appreciate them.

Bluebrock
06-23-2017, 07:29 AM
So far so good. Let's keep it positive and appreciate the music.

Since I consider each lady a Supreme, I originally had no problem with RTL. I did, however, have a minor quibble with the fact that such talented singers as Scherrie Payne and Lynda Laurence were relegated to "the background". I really appreciate[[d) Scherrie Payne and hoped she got more direct face time. But it was 2000 and most people only knew "The Supremes" as gramma's music.

I hope beyond hope that Diana, Mary and Cindy will sing 10 seconds of a snippet together before one of them move on from this realm. I don't think they know how much they mean to us. Same for Jean, Lynda, Scherrie, and Susaye. I'm not sure the "70s Supremes" know how much we love and appreciate them.
Jean and Cindy will never appear on stage as Supremes again. and it is doubtful that Diana will. I cannot speak for the other ladies.

captainjames
06-23-2017, 08:46 AM
I think Scherrie blew the ceiling off the auditorium with her solo - I believe it was "Stoned Love". I was speechless even though, I had heard her sing this before and "My World is Empty Without You" she was simply amazing. What a voice !! It was a song recognizable by the audience and I am sure if the tour had of continued they would have thrown one of her leads from the Supremes in. Scherrie was meant to be a Supreme.

dba
06-23-2017, 10:44 AM
I saw the first and last performance of this tour and loved every minute of it. What an amazing show! Nice to see it back on utube. The footage shot in Philadelphia for VHI is great. I never thought in my life I would get to hear Forever Came Today and Love is Here back to back.