PDA

View Full Version : Supremes Nathan Jones + Touch [[Stereo Promo Versions) from Complete Singles?

test

mrbfly
06-21-2017, 05:26 AM
Hi,

I hope that someone could help me out with the following two songs/mixe by the Supremes:
- Nathan Jones [[Stereo Promo Version)
- Touch [[Stereo Promo Version)
They can be both find on the complete Motown Singles.

I have listen to them and compared them to the Album Versions that are also in stereo and I can't hear any difference.

Does anyone knows if there are differences between the album version and the promo stereo version or are both the same??

Thanks
Ben

blackguy69
06-21-2017, 05:49 AM
For Nathan jones there is a difference from the single and the album version. The album version they put jean in one channel while Mary and Cindy are in another so it sounds like jean is dominant and all the voices don't come together til near the end. Whereas the singles version is sounds more of a unison with jean slightly louder than Mary and Cindy

George Solomon
06-21-2017, 11:33 PM
I believe the stereo promo version of Nathan Jones is the same as the stereo LP version. But the stereo promo version of Touch is very different from the stereo LP version. Listen in your headphones and you'll hear immediately that the voices and instruments are in different places. There's about 50 percent less reverb [[echo) on the stereo promo single and it's also edited to 3:06. The stereo LP version is 3:42

mrbfly
06-22-2017, 03:46 AM
Hi,
thanks blackguy for the info. I will listen to both versions and separate the audio tracks than I can listen to it better :)
And thanks George the timelenght is sure the most prominent difference... didn't realized it before :))))

DJMoch
06-23-2017, 05:16 PM
Speaking of "Touch", I've always wanted the alternate mono mix that appeared on the cassette version of Greatest Hits & Rare Classics to appear on CD at some point. It's my favourite version of the song.