PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson Headlining Royal Variety Show @The London Palladium

test

marv2
06-06-2017, 02:31 AM
Mary Wilson Headlining Royal Variety Show @The London Palladium

https://www.cavernclub.org/events/event/mary-wilson/?date=2017-06-21

marv2
06-06-2017, 02:41 AM
https://www.cavernclub.org/events/event/mary-wilson/?date=2017-06-21

honest man
06-06-2017, 05:58 AM
https://www.cavernclub.org/events/event/mary-wilson/?date=2017-06-21The Cavern club is 10 minute walk from my house,i would n't go even if it was free,she can't sing. sorry.

Bluebrock
06-06-2017, 06:01 AM
Martha Reeves is also on the bill.

woodward
06-06-2017, 08:30 AM
The Cavern club is 10 minute walk from my house,i would n't go even if it was free,she can't sing. sorry.

That statement in my humble opinion was totally insensitive and has no place in this forum. If you can't say something decent, keep quiet.

honest man
06-06-2017, 08:35 AM
That statement in my humble opinion was totally insensitive and has no place in this forum. If you can't say something decent, keep quiet.
In My HUMBLE Opinion it's the truth how i feel i will say exactly what i feel THIS IS A FORUM if you don't like it.TOUGH, off out now,got a life to live.

masterblaster
06-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Mary Wilson Headlining Royal Variety Show @The London Palladiumhttps://www.cavernclub.org/events/event/mary-wilson/?date=2017-06-21

Sorry marv she is not appearing at the Royal Variety Show, that is reserved for top artists who perform annually for the Royal Family in November.
Mary Wilson is to appear on Sunday Night At The London Palladium along with Martha Reeves which is a weekly TV variety show featuring a top name and other lesser known acts who are seeking publicity. I doubt Mary Wilson would be the headline act as she is relatively unknown to the British public. Martha Reeves on the other hand is more well known as she had a number of hits here in the sixties.

marv2
06-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Sorry marv she is not appearing at the Royal Variety Show, that is reserved for top artists who perform annually for the Royal Family in November.
Mary Wilson is to appear on Sunday Night At The London Palladium along with Martha Reeves which is a weekly TV variety show featuring a top name and other lesser known acts who are seeking publicity. I doubt Mary Wilson would be the headline act as she is relatively unknown to the British public. Martha Reeves on the other hand is more well known as she had a number of hits here in the sixties.

sorry but the headline says 'Mary Wilson, original member of The Supremes is headlining a Royal Variety show at The London Palladium on Sunday 25th June 2017.'

masterblaster
06-06-2017, 11:10 AM
sorry but the headline says 'Mary Wilson, original member of The Supremes is headlining a Royal Variety show at The London Palladium on Sunday 25th June 2017.'

Just Googled it, she is appearing on "Sunday Night At The London Palladium " on 25th June an event to celebrate the 300 anniversary of the United Grand Lodge, doesn't say if it will be televised but SNATLP is usually screened on TV.
In contrast, the Royal Variety Show is a big event and takes place in November, usually but not always at the London Palladium.

luke
06-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Didn't Mary tour with Dionne and Roberta Flack last year in England? I'd think they had of her! PS well said Woodward.

marv2
06-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Didn't Mary tour with Dionne and Roberta Flack last year in England? I'd think they had of her

yes as well as over 40 concerts in england in 2011

Roberta75
06-06-2017, 12:07 PM

Oh my, more misinnformation from Mother Motown. LOL

Bluebrock
06-06-2017, 01:40 PM
Didn't Mary tour with Dionne and Roberta Flack last year in England? I'd think they had of her! PS well said Woodward.
They did a tour together in October 2015 which also included a Drifters line up that consisted of bogus members. Mary was 4th on the bill behind Dionne, Roberta and this Drifters line up. She also did a couple of dates in Jan 2016. I saw both shows.
As regards this show that Mary and Martha are doing at the Palladium it is NOT the Royal Variety performance. That takes place annually in November. That show featured the Supremes in 1968 [[i think), so Mary has appeared on that programme, and Diana as a solo artist in 1991 where she did the whole of the 2nd part of the show.
The show Mary and Martha are doing is being recorded on Sun 25th June. It will be broadcast on itv but i don't think it is being shown live. More likely it will be recorded for broadcast later in the year, but i am not 100% certain of this.

luke
06-06-2017, 01:49 PM
What difference does it make if she was 4th on bill? Why try to diminish a performer many of us appreciate?

bradsupremes
06-06-2017, 01:50 PM
It should be noted this London Palladium show is not the famed Royal Variety that occurs every November. I think the confusion comes in because proceeds from this show go to the Royal Variety Charity and the Metropolitan Grand Charity's Tricentenary Appeal.

jobeterob
06-06-2017, 02:26 PM
What difference does it make if she was 4th on bill? Why try to diminish a performer many of us appreciate?

I don't think many people on here seek to diminish any Motown Act. Most of us know that many of them are struggling to maintain a career and make a living in a time that is now very distant from their heyday.

But it's silly and kind of embarrassing to pretend they are involved in major events when they really are doing something less.

Why do that? Do they need someone puffing them up? I doubt they'd want that.

marv2
06-06-2017, 02:29 PM
I don't think many people on here seek to diminish any Motown Act. Most of us know that many of them are struggling to maintain a career and make a living in a time that is now very distant from their heyday.

But it's silly and kind of embarrassing to pretend they are involved in major events when they really are doing something less.

Why do that? Do they need someone puffing them up? I doubt they'd want that.

i am sure diane would love to have this gig now.

Bluebrock
06-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Just stating the facts as they are Luke.It has already been stated by a certain other member that she is top of the bill at this London Palladium show so i cannot see why it is such a problem to you for it to be stated where she was billed on the previous tour.

Bluebrock
06-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Oh how we laughed, and laughed, and laughed..................

marv2
06-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Oh how we laughed, and laughed, and laughed..................

well she will be doing the essence festival with the rest of them.

Roberta75
06-06-2017, 02:54 PM

You got Diane on your mind 24/7. Get help LOL

honest man
06-06-2017, 04:05 PM
i am sure diane would love to have this gig now. NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA She topped the bill on tv special about 20 years ago,doubt she could fit UK[as much as we would love her here] in, poor Diana is so busy trying to fulfil her popular - hectic schedule Vegas, NYC , cheers.

blackguy69
06-06-2017, 04:17 PM
And my dear you have Marv on your mind

Roberta75
06-06-2017, 04:22 PM
And my dear you have Marv on your mind

Not at all dear Im just amused by someone whos constantly posting about a lady he clearly dislike.

BigAl
06-06-2017, 04:38 PM
The Cavern club is 10 minute walk from my house,i would n't go even if it was free,she can't sing. sorry.
Oh, for goodness' sake. Is this sort of comment really necessary?

blackguy69
06-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Just ignore it. It has nothing to do with you. On another note. I posted the other day a topic you would love I posted a link for the full Martha and the vandellas live album. I'd figured you would check it out.

honest man
06-07-2017, 05:27 AM
oh, for goodness' sake. Is this sort of comment really necessary?yes it is.

Bluebrock
06-07-2017, 06:08 AM
I could get there myself within 40 minutes and i will be there but not as a member of the audience.

honest man
06-07-2017, 06:21 AM
I could get there myself within 40 minutes and i will be there but not as a member of the audience.
Hmm interesting,ha. are you security-steward,got me thinking mate.

Bluebrock
06-07-2017, 06:28 AM
Hmm interesting,ha. are you security-steward,got me thinking mate.
You are not totally wrong there honest man!

Bluebrock
06-07-2017, 06:36 AM
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA She topped the bill on tv special about 20 years ago,doubt she could fit UK[as much as we would love her here] in, poor Diana is so busy trying to fulfil her popular - hectic schedule Vegas, NYC , cheers.
Diana would love to perform again the UK , and don't rule out the possibility in 2018 . I must stress that there is nothing definite in the pipeline but there are shall we say possibilities. There is yet another greatest hits album in possible planning for next year which could include a brand new or previously unreleased track. Diana is open to touring such an album so long as it would just be for a week or two. We can totally rule out a fully blown tour. The UK has a special place in her heart and she says the reception she receives here is like no other country, although that "special relationship" was slightly tarnished by the infamous Heathrow incident.

honest man
06-07-2017, 06:40 AM
She is one Super trouper,God bless her for trying to please her world wide following,BTW put your ear plugs in.

Guy
06-08-2017, 06:57 PM
There definitely seems to be a double standard about who gets to say what about whom at Soulful Detroit...

I am still trying to figure things out.

marv2
06-27-2017, 11:44 PM
Mary Wilson onstage at the London Palladium. [June 25, 2017]

Boogiedown
06-28-2017, 01:18 AM
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA She topped the bill on tv special about 20 years ago,doubt she could fit UK[as much as we would love her here] in, poor Diana is so busy trying to fulfil her popular - hectic schedule Vegas, NYC , cheers.

and Fresno!!

luke
06-28-2017, 09:42 AM
Thanks Marv. Mary looks stunning!

LoveSupreme
07-03-2017, 04:55 PM
She does look stunning. Mary Wilson is a beautiful woman. I'm glad she is out there doing what she loves most.

rod_rick
07-03-2017, 06:43 PM
There definitely seems to be a double standard about who gets to say what about whom at Soulful Detroit...

I am still trying to figure things out.

Oh I figured it out a few years ago , many of these posters fall for every time.

marv2
07-29-2017, 12:17 AM
Here is a great picture of Mary onstage at the London Palladium for the Royal Variety Show:

marv2
07-29-2017, 12:25 AM
After the show:

detmotownguy
07-29-2017, 12:29 AM
Here is a great picture of Mary onstage at the London Palladium for the Royal Variety Show:

A perfect picture! Mary is a real gem.

marv2
07-29-2017, 01:08 PM
A perfect picture! Mary is a real gem.

She was made for the stage!

LoveSupreme
07-29-2017, 02:00 PM
After the show:

That's a great dress. She looks stunning. Still the "sexy one".