PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes: Mary and Florence

test

luke
05-27-2017, 11:24 PM
Odd album cover for "the Supremes" cover for an album on Amazon...just Flo and Mary on cover. All formats. Anyone know anything?

dickiemint
05-28-2017, 04:35 AM
I think it is 're recorded Flos versions of hits

luke
05-28-2017, 07:50 AM
Thanks. I wonder why they left Diana off the cover?

TomatoTom123
05-28-2017, 08:11 AM
Hey luke, do you have a link for the album on Amazon? I can't find it! :)

carole cucumber
05-28-2017, 09:47 AM
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supremes/dp/B0002GGBQY/ref=sr_1_9?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1495978981&sr=1-9&keywords=The+Supremes [[https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supremes/dp/B0002GGBQY/ref=sr_1_9?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1495978981&sr=1-9&keywords=The+Supremes)

There are reviews that indicate that the product is a sham.

luke
05-28-2017, 10:15 AM
Tomato.. I just googled Suoremes on Amazon and it was one of the first that popped up. Maybe if the Flos just put two originals on the cover they can get away with it! Lol

marv2
05-28-2017, 10:40 AM
Tomato.. I just googled Suoremes on Amazon and it was one of the first that popped up. Maybe if the Flos just out two originals on the cover they can get away with it! Lol

People did not understand why Mary Wilson was upset by this practice......

luke
05-28-2017, 10:52 AM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=the+supremes Scroll down

luke
05-28-2017, 10:53 AM
I guess then they are imbeciles Marv!

TomatoTom123
05-28-2017, 10:54 AM
Thanks carole and luke! It does look rather dodgy.

marv2
05-28-2017, 12:14 PM
I guess then they are imbeciles Marv!

They must be because they even tried defending how this kind of thing happens.

lockhartgary
05-28-2017, 04:57 PM
Product such as this is why I make it a practice to preview the tracks before I make a purchase on Amazon. If Amazon does not have previews for a certain product, I go to a site that does just to preview the product. One time I bought an album from Amazon [[mp3), and one of the songs was a re-recording while the others were all the original recordings [[and the song was listed as the original version). I contacted Amazon and twice they gave me the same re-recorded version. Never did get the original version from them.

marv2
05-28-2017, 07:43 PM
Product such as this is why I make it a practice to preview the tracks before I make a purchase on Amazon. If Amazon does not have previews for a certain product, I go to a site that does just to preview the product. One time I bought an album from Amazon [[mp3), and one of the songs was a re-recording while the others were all the original recordings [[and the song was listed as the original version). I contacted Amazon and twice they gave me the same re-recorded version. Never did get the original version from them.

Imagine when a friend of mine bought all these "Supremes" CD's that were displayed near the check out at a supermarket in NY only to get home, open them up, put them in the player to learn that they were all re - recordings by the FLOs! The CD covers had pictures of the Original Supremes on them.

huntergettingcaptured
05-28-2017, 08:04 PM
Imagine when a friend of mine bought all these "Supremes" CD's that were displayed near the check out at a supermarket in NY only to get home, open them up, put them in the player to learn that they were all re - recordings by the FLOs! The CD covers had pictures of the Original Supremes on them.

This is what is so frustrating about buying CDs sometimes-- these con artists know how to market a CD so you don't catch on that what's inside is a bunch of re-recorded material. Sometimes-and only sometimes- if you look hard, somewhere it will say in extremely tiny print that these are new recordings by the artist. It pays to eat a LOT of carrots so your eyesight is strong enough to see those disclaimers.

marv2
05-29-2017, 12:27 PM
This is what is so frustrating about buying CDs sometimes-- these con artists know how to market a CD so you don't catch on that what's inside is a bunch of re-recorded material. Sometimes-and only sometimes- if you look hard, somewhere it will say in extremely tiny print that these are new recordings by the artist. It pays to eat a LOT of carrots so your eyesight is strong enough to see those disclaimers.

You've got that right! Just last year my mother bought a 2 CD set of "Motown Classics" through some mail order company. When I heard it, I could immediately tell it was re-recordings by sounda-a- like artists.