PDA

View Full Version : Deniece williams collection

test

glencro
05-26-2017, 05:16 AM
This double cd has a great track list commemorating the hits of Niecy https://www.amazon.com/Black-Butterfly-Essential-WILLIAMS-DENIECE/dp/B01MCYBANL/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1495790078&sr=1-1&keywords=essential+deniece+williams

Bluebrock
05-28-2017, 02:07 PM
This double cd has a great track list commemorating the hits of Niecy https://www.amazon.com/Black-Butterfly-Essential-WILLIAMS-DENIECE/dp/B01MCYBANL/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1495790078&sr=1-1&keywords=essential+deniece+williams
Without doubt the most comprehensive compilation of Niecy's work.It is one of a series of wonderful 2 cd compliations from David Nathan's soulmusic.com. Check out the others including Melba Moore, Kashif, Mtume, Manhattans, Mothers Finest,Angela Bofill, Norman Connors , Teena Marie, George Duke, Ramsey Lewis and Johnny Nash with many more in the pipeline.

wonder_woman
06-03-2017, 04:09 PM
I think Deniece Williams is very underated so I purchased this and I love it, having seen Ms Williams live in concert in London she was amazing...

jack020
06-05-2017, 05:35 AM
Without doubt the most comprehensive compilation of Niecy's work.It is one of a series of wonderful 2 cd compliations from David Nathan's soulmusic.com. Check out the others including Melba Moore, Kashif, Mtume, Manhattans, Mothers Finest,Angela Bofill, Norman Connors , Teena Marie, George Duke, Ramsey Lewis and Johnny Nash with many more in the pipeline.

More on SM.com: Tom Browne, Esther Philips,Levert.
Also coming on BBR: Delegation, People's Choice, Eric Gale, Enchantment,Latimore, Harvey Mason

Bluebrock
06-05-2017, 01:15 PM

More on SM.com: Tom Browne, Esther Philips,Levert.
Also coming on BBR: Delegation, People's Choice, Eric Gale, Enchantment,Latimore, Harvey Mason
Yes indeed Jack, and there are many more in various stages of planning. Expect further announcements over the coming months.

jack020
06-06-2017, 01:56 AM
Keep em comin!:)

Bluebrock
06-06-2017, 06:08 AM
Keep em comin!:)
Iam looking especially forward to the Esther Philips collection. Expansion did a great single cd compilation many years ago but this more comprehensive one sounds unmissable. What a great singer she was.

jack020
06-07-2017, 04:35 AM
Bluebrock, these are is quite nice also:
Home Is Where the Hatred Is: The Kudu Years 1971-1977 CD
and
Baby, I'm For Real! On great value Double CD, 'Baby, I'm for Real 1971-1974' combines four classic albums Esther Phillips recorded for Kudu Records: 'From a Whisper to a Scream' [[1971), 'Alone Again, Naturally' [[1972), 'Black-Eyed Blues' [[1973) and 'Performance' [[1974).
Both on Raven records

honest man
06-07-2017, 06:08 AM
This double cd has a great track list commemorating the hits of Niecy https://www.amazon.com/Black-Butterfly-Essential-WILLIAMS-DENIECE/dp/B01MCYBANL/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1495790078&sr=1-1&keywords=essential+deniece+williamsVery good collection would love to have seen her UK top 10 hit That's what friends are for,and some Songbird tracks Season-Just be good to me etc,but i will buy all the same,thanks for link.

Bluebrock
06-07-2017, 06:40 AM
Bluebrock, these are is quite nice also:
Home Is Where the Hatred Is: The Kudu Years 1971-1977 CD
and
Baby, I'm For Real! On great value Double CD, 'Baby, I'm for Real 1971-1974' combines four classic albums Esther Phillips recorded for Kudu Records: 'From a Whisper to a Scream' [[1971), 'Alone Again, Naturally' [[1972), 'Black-Eyed Blues' [[1973) and 'Performance' [[1974).
Both on Raven records
I have the kudu years cd and have considered buying the others but will see what this new compilation contains first. Thank you for the recommendations Jack. I appreciate it.

Bluebrock
06-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Very good collection would love to have seen her UK top 10 hit That's what friends are for,and some Songbird tracks Season-Just be good to me etc,but i will buy all the same,thanks for link.
I am amazed TWFAF is not included on this compilation. I had no involvement in this compilation and have only briefly glanced at the tracklisting. Seasons should also have been on there i agree. Iwill have to check it out. Thanks honest man.

Bluebrock
06-07-2017, 06:56 AM
Very good collection would love to have seen her UK top 10 hit That's what friends are for,and some Songbird tracks Season-Just be good to me etc,but i will buy all the same,thanks for link.
Just checked and TWFAF is indeed on the album. I thought they would have to include it. My only criticism is perhaps a couple too many Johnny Mathis duets even though i am a big fan of Mathis.