PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross Project: Smokey Robinson and Diana Ross and the Supremes

test

jobeterob
05-23-2017, 10:35 AM
https://dianarossproject.wordpress.com/

TomatoTom123
05-23-2017, 11:19 AM
Great article! Had no idea about the "Kewpie Doll" Smokey-Diana collaboration... but do now!

kenneth
05-23-2017, 11:43 AM
This whole series is full of great insight. The guy is a wonderful writer. Thanks Jobeterob for posting.

jobeterob
05-23-2017, 12:08 PM
I believe this man also did a recent interview with Mary Wilson - I think I posted it too.

RanRan79
05-23-2017, 02:57 PM
It's a mystery to me why Smokey's Supremes productions never really went anywhere. I think it was a great match. "A Breath Taking Guy" should have been a much bigger hit. As far as Diana and Smokey go, as much I ADORE the Diana and Marvin album because it paired my two favorite singers, chemistry wise a Diana and Smokey album might have been a better pairing.

jobucats
05-24-2017, 11:49 AM
It's a mystery to me why Smokey's Supremes productions never really went anywhere. I think it was a great match. "A Breath Taking Guy" should have been a much bigger hit. As far as Diana and Smokey go, as much I ADORE the Diana and Marvin album because it paired my two favorite singers, chemistry wise a Diana and Smokey album might have been a better pairing.

I agree about a Diana/Smokey pairing. His early songs, while not possessing the driving rhythms and bold vocals of the HDH productions, always seemed to work well with the Supremes.