PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Womack has passed

test

rrussi
05-22-2017, 07:21 AM
I have no details, but Meech Wells [[Cecil Womack, Jr.) has posted that his uncle Curtis Womack, Sr. has passed. That leaves of the five Womack brothers, Friendly, Jr., known as "June", who is the eldest. Curtis was a great singer, as were all the Womacks, and had a
solo single on the Playboy label in the 70s, produced by
Bobby, called "Boogie Oogie Jones". He's probably best
known for his stage work with Mary Wells throughout the
80s. Together, the five brothers--June, Curtis, Harry, Bobby, & Cecil, recorded as the Valentinos on Sam Cooke's SAR label, with two best known recordings,
"Looking For A Love" and "It's All Over Now", the latter covered by the Rolling Stones.

carlo
05-22-2017, 10:03 AM
So sorry to hear this. My condolences to all. I was just reading up on him last night. Rest in peace.

sansradio
05-22-2017, 11:08 AM
Very sad news indeed. I, too, was just reading up on him. RIP.

marv2
05-22-2017, 11:21 AM
I enjoyed his and the Womack Brothers work. Rest in peace Curtis.

TomatoTom123
05-22-2017, 12:37 PM
Ah, sad news. The Valentinos' "Sweeter Than The Day Before" is a personal fave of mine! RIP Curtis Womack.

jsmith
05-22-2017, 01:51 PM
AND OF COURSE ... we lost Cecil a couple of years back. He was massive in the UK via his recordings with Sam Cookes daughter Linda ... they were of course Womack & Womack ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8AOAap6_k4

rrussi
05-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Curtis was in a nursing home having suffered with diabetes and dementia for a long time. He went in a coma state one night and was put on life support for a couple days, passing on Sunday, May 21st. He was born October 22, 1942.