PDA

View Full Version : Say,aren't you kin to...?

test

arr&bee
05-18-2017, 04:35 PM
You know there have been groups with siblings as members[the scott twins of the whispers..claudette,bobby rodgers-the miracles]i'm talking about ones that some folks may not know about...[the thrasher bros.-of the original drifters...the brooks bros.-of the impressions...zeke,jake carey-the flamingos]!

Jerry Oz
05-18-2017, 05:53 PM
The band Starpoint had five Phillips brothers. Ronnie, Charles, and Robbie Wilson were the core of the Gap Band. Of course, Heatwave had Keith and Johnny Wilder, Jr. as the lead singers. Jodeci had two sets of brothers. I guess everybody knows that Maurice and Verdine White were brothers and their protegees, the Hutchinson sisters comprised the Emotions.

sansradio
05-18-2017, 08:39 PM
Midnight Star had the Calloway brothers; Atlantic Starr had the Lewis brothers.

marv2
05-18-2017, 10:16 PM
After 7 has brothers Melvin and Kevon Edmonds, and Keith Mitchell.

marv2
05-18-2017, 10:19 PM
Odyssey had sisters Lillian and Louise Lopez, along with Tony Reynolds.

robb_k
05-19-2017, 03:54 AM
You know there have been groups with siblings as members[the scott twins of the whispers..claudette,bobby rodgers-the miracles]i'm talking about ones that some folks may not know about...[the thrasher bros.-of the original drifters...the brooks bros.-of the impressions...zeke,jake carey-the flamingos]!
Zeke and Jake Carey were cousins, rather than brothers. But, they found out later, that Jake had been adopted. So, they were not blood kin.

robb_k
05-19-2017, 04:18 AM
The Scott Brothers [[Chicago), The Scott Brothers [[PA), The Monitors' Sondra & Maurice Fagin, The Vows' Morris and George Chestnut [[cousins), The RayBer Voices' Brian & Eddie Holland, The Adorables had 2 pairs of sisters [[Pat & Diane Lewis, and Betty & Jackie Winston, Isley Brothers, The Five Keys [[Rudy & Bernie West), The Drinkard Singers [[all same family including Dionne & Dee Dee Warwick & cousin, Cissy Houston among assorted Drinkards), The Watesians [[Brenda & Patrice Holloway). The Feathers had 3 brothers, The Corsairs [[King Moe, Little Skeets & Jay Bird Uzzel). Wasn't Richard Street Melvin Franklin's cousin? The Emotions [[Wanda, Sheila & Jeanette Hutchinson), Jackson Five, Five Stairsteps, Staples Singers, Valentinos [[Bobby & Cecil Womack), The Mills Brothers, The Crampton Sisters, The Lewis Sisters [[Helen & Kay), The Shepherd Sisters, The McGuire Sisters, The Andrews Sisters [[Patty, Maxine & Lavern), The Stanley Brothers, The Five Royale's earlier Gospel group [[Lowman and Clarence Pauling), The Whispers[[Walter and Wally Scott),

There were literally hundreds of R&B groups that had siblings or cousins.

sansradio
05-19-2017, 04:31 AM
High Inergy...Barbara and Vernessa Mitchell.

marv2
05-19-2017, 10:00 AM
The Scott Brothers [[Chicago), The Scott Brothers [[PA), The Monitors' Sondra & Maurice Fagin, The Vows' Morris and George Chestnut [[cousins), The RayBer Voices' Brian & Eddie Holland, The Adorables had 2 pairs of sisters [[Pat & Diane Lewis, and Betty & Jackie Winston, Isley Brothers, The Five Keys [[Rudy & Bernie West), The Drinkard Singers [[all same family including Dionne & Dee Dee Warwick & cousin, Cissy Houston among assorted Drinkards), The Watesians [[Brenda & Patrice Holloway). The Feathers had 3 brothers, The Corsairs [[King Moe, Little Skeets & Jay Bird Uzzel). Wasn't Richard Street Melvin Franklin's cousin? The Emotions [[Wanda, Sheila & Jeanette Hutchinson), Jackson Five, Five Stairsteps, Staples Singers, Valentinos [[Bobby & Cecil Womack), The Mills Brothers, The Crampton Sisters, The Lewis Sisters [[Helen & Kay), The Shepherd Sisters, The McGuire Sisters, The Andrews Sisters [[Patty, Maxine & Lavern), The Stanley Brothers, The Five Royale's earlier Gospel group [[Lowman and Clarence Pauling), The Whispers[[Walter and Wally Scott),

There were literally hundreds of R&B groups that had siblings or cousins.

Richard Street and Melvin Franklin were cousins yes.

marv2
05-19-2017, 10:01 AM
The Flirtations Lestine Johnson and sisters Ernestine Pearce, Shirley Pearce and Betty Pearce.Viola Billups, better known by her stage name Pearly Gates joined them as their lead singer later on.

Jerry Oz
05-19-2017, 02:33 PM
Tony! Toni! Tone! had the two Wiggins brothers [[Raphael and Dwayne) and their cousin, Timothy Riley. Full Force contained three brothers and three of their cousins.

Methuselah2
05-19-2017, 03:36 PM
Martha and Lois Reeves.
Martha, Lois, and Delphine Reeves.

TomatoTom123
05-19-2017, 08:53 PM
Motown's very own Emotions, The Three Ounces Of Love, were all sisters! And Lovesmith were a quartet of brothers I believe.

Of course, Gladys Knight was related to most of her Pips: brother Bubba Knight, sister Brenda Knight, and cousins William and Eleanor Guest. :)

marv2
05-19-2017, 08:59 PM
Motown's very own Emotions, The Three Ounces Of Love, were all sisters! And Lovesmith were a quartet of brothers I believe.

Of course, Gladys Knight was related to most of her original Pips: brother Bubba Knight, sister Brenda Knight, and cousins William and Eleanor Guest. :)

Ok, so if were going to go with the obvious then:

the Jackson Five
the Osmond Brothers
Sister Sledge
the Pointer Sisters

I don't think this is what Arr&Bee meant however.

TomatoTom123
05-19-2017, 09:07 PM
Ok, so if were going to go with the obvious then:

the Jackson Five
the Osmond Brothers
Sister Sledge
the Pointer Sisters

I don't think this is what Arr&Bee meant however.

Hey Marv, that's why I said 'of course'...! :p ;)

marv2
05-19-2017, 10:01 PM
Hey Marv, that's why I said 'of course'...! :p ;)

Yeah, but I've known since the early seventies the Emotions were sisters and no one considers them "Motown". All of their hits were on other labels such as Stax and Columbia. This is the record that made them nationally famous in 1969:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-sj4Um6JP0

marv2
05-19-2017, 10:05 PM
Ronald and Robert Bell of Kool and the Gang are brothers.

marv2
05-19-2017, 10:06 PM
The Dixie Cups' Barbara Ann Hawkins and Rosa Lee Hawkins are sisters.

marv2
05-19-2017, 10:08 PM
Love Unlimited consisted of Glodean James, her sister, Linda James, and their cousin Diane Taylor

robb_k
05-19-2017, 11:05 PM
Motown's very own Emotions, The
Of course, Gladys Knight was related to most of her original Pips: brother Bubba Knight, sister Brenda Knight, and cousins William and Eleanor Guest. :)
Weren't the original Pips Bubba and two of her first cousins?

TomatoTom123
05-20-2017, 05:17 AM
Yeah, but I've known since the early seventies the Emotions were sisters and no one considers them "Motown". All of their hits were on other labels such as Stax and Columbia. This is the record that made them nationally famous in 1969:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-sj4Um6JP0

Hey Marv, I was talking about the Motown group 'The Three Ounces Of Love', who were made up of three sisters. I called them 'Motown's very own Emotions' because they were quite similar! :)

TomatoTom123
05-20-2017, 05:22 AM
Weren't the original Pips Bubba and two of her first cousins?

Hi Robb, I believe the original line-up in 1952 was made up of Gladys, her brother Bubba, her sister Brenda, and her two cousins William and Eleanor Guest. Brenda and Eleanor left and a non-relative Edward Patten joined, and this group who stayed together for the next 30 years. I believe!

marv2
05-20-2017, 09:16 AM
Hey Marv, I was talking about the Motown group 'The Three Ounces Of Love', who were made up of three sisters. I called them 'Motown's very own Emotions' because they were quite similar! :)

Ok I'm sorry I misunderstood.

TomatoTom123
05-20-2017, 09:29 AM
Ok I'm sorry I misunderstood.

No worries, Marv. Especially no worries since The Emotions themselves did indeed sign with Motown, although in the mid-'80s and for one album only I believe. :)

marv2
05-20-2017, 03:17 PM
No worries, Marv. Especially so since The Emotions themselves did indeed sign with Motown, although in the mid-'80s and for one album only I believe. :)

No one remembers that album.

TomatoTom123
05-20-2017, 05:02 PM
No one remembers that album.

LOL

No, I guess not!

marv2
05-20-2017, 10:57 PM
The band Skyy had three sisters that were all great singers:
Denise Dunning Wilkinson
Bonnie Dunning Williams
Delores Dunning Milligan

marv2
05-20-2017, 10:59 PM
Guy, one of the best of the New Jack Swing groups consisted of brothers
Aaron Hall and Damion Hall, along with Teddy Riley.

Jerry Oz
05-21-2017, 05:20 PM
The band Skyy had three sisters that were all great singers:
Denise Dunning Wilkinson
Bonnie Dunning Williams
Delores Dunning Milligan

The Jets were all brothers and sisters, I believe.

blackguy69
05-22-2017, 08:47 AM
Edward patten is a cousin also

arr&bee
05-22-2017, 04:59 PM
I believe that the[teen queens-eddie my love]were sisters.

marv2
05-22-2017, 09:57 PM
Klique consisted of Howard Huntsberry, Isaac Suthers and his sister, Deborah Suthers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5JqmfWek8

Jerry Oz
05-23-2017, 12:30 AM
T-Connection had two brothers, Theophilus and Kirkwood Coakley.

sophisticated_soul
05-23-2017, 01:57 AM
Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose. Composed of siblings Carter Cornelius, Eddie Cornelius, and sisters Rose Cornelius and Billie Jo Cornelius. Cleveland E. Barrett, an original member of the group, was killed in a car accident before their chart success.

sansradio
05-23-2017, 04:33 AM
How could we not mention Sly, Rose and Freddie of The Family Stone? And before there was DeBarge, Bobby and Tommy were members of Switch.

arr&bee
05-23-2017, 12:37 PM
I think that archie bell had a brother in the drells.

nativeNY63
06-26-2019, 02:42 PM
After 7 has brothers Melvin and Kevon Edmonds, and Keith Mitchell.

And another brother Edmonds, Kenneth "Babyface", formerly of the Deele.

nativeNY63
06-26-2019, 02:45 PM
Midnight Star had the Calloway brothers; Atlantic Starr had the Lewis brothers.
Went to high school with one of the Calloway bros. He was a year or so ahead of me, though.