PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Smith and the New Resurrection of Motown session greats...January 19th!

test

gannon
01-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Sorry for the last minute warning, but I'm still not used to coming over to this board.

Here is what I put up on DetroitYES a while ago, and added to it today. Please forgive any errors.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?8404-The-First-Public-Performance-of-the-New-Resurrection-with-Buddy-Smith&p=216573#post216573

Buddy Smith. McKinley Jackson. Shondu Akiem. Thomas Postell. Randy Catchings. Gary Simms. Larry Minne.

Together. On stage for the first time, unless you want to count that short gig at the Detroit Blues Society's Christmas Party.

Please come out to the Southfield Public Library tonight [[January 19th, 2011) if you can, it will be a short night. 6:30 to 8:30...but we will be recording it all, so the performance will outlive the time the librarians give us!

Cheers, next time I'll give y'all more warning.

Sincerely,
John

gannon
01-19-2011, 01:13 PM
There is even a good chance Joey "Kingfish" Stribling will brave the cold to join us, and if so...he'll be highlighted at the very beginning! What a joy he is to be around, too.

Cheers

gary
01-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Gannon, those are some legendary names to anybody who knows the Detroit music scene. I hope I can make it over there tonight.

I'm glad to know Joe Kingfish is still around, I met him a couple of times at the get togethers that the Detroit SDF crowd used to have 5 or 6 years ago. You're right; he is a real joy.