PDA

View Full Version : Hey Midnight Johnny! Post a show thread for us [[please)

test

thanxal
05-02-2017, 01:27 PM
MJ,
I can only guess why you stopped posting your "Nightflight Tues, May 2 9PM-12M ..." threads, but would you mind rejoining the tradition just for tonight's A Go Go show?

I'd love to live blog it. There are many of us here at SDF who want to express our appreciation to Andy, George, Kevin and Harry.

[[I've been listening almost every Tuesday).

kenneth
05-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Why wouldn't he post the program announcements here? I usually forgot to listen unless I see the reminders.

thanxal
05-02-2017, 04:10 PM
I don't know. Maybe lack of posts? I know the last few I posted on only had one or two other people commenting.

vgalindo
05-02-2017, 07:02 PM
I will definitely hear the show tonight. Love to hear Midnight Johnny show.

carole cucumber
05-02-2017, 08:51 PM
From John's Facebook page: May 2 9-12M ET on Nightflight, on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown, webcasting at www.womr.org. [[http://www.womr.org/)..

drlorne
05-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Lorne is in the house too.

drlorne
05-02-2017, 09:16 PM
I love Heat Wave...the violins rock it.

thanxal
05-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Ok so let's make this the default show thread.

drlorne
05-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Diana's voice is very sexy in the lower register, on Love is Like an Itching.... Like it. Loved Boots and Snoopy too....don't know why they didn't use those versions.

thanxal
05-02-2017, 09:33 PM
The handclaps on Boots are outrageous. I can't believe they didn't use it on the stereo Lp given the kazoos on Itching on the stereo Lp.

kenneth
05-02-2017, 09:51 PM
The handclaps on Boots are outrageous. I can't believe they didn't use it on the stereo Lp given the kazoos on Itching on the stereo Lp.

I totally agree! I never liked that version of the song until this CD came out and it's fabulous! The clapping adds a great deal and makes it just jump out at you.

drlorne
05-02-2017, 09:55 PM
what is John's facebook page under. I couldn't find it.

thanxal
05-02-2017, 10:20 PM
Search "John P Perrone" on Facebook.

I usually have a million questions but am so excited to hear this I can't think of anything.

edit: of course I have a question: who do we have to aggravate at Universal to make sure you two can do the HDH set?

drlorne
05-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Thanks Thanxal

ejluther
05-03-2017, 08:04 AM
My internet went down last night and I missed the show...ARGH!!! Any chance it will be repeated?

drlorne
05-03-2017, 11:34 AM
Check the WOMR website, I think I saw that they do post them. It was a very good show. I'm not sure how to communicate with midnight johnny, he doesn't seem to be here anymore, but he did say people were sending him questions. I never did figure it out. Does anyone know what happened to his reminders and contributions to Soulful Detroit?

midnight johnny
05-03-2017, 01:43 PM
Folks.....thanks for the interest in my absence. Probably 6 to 8 months ago, I was continuously dishearted about the contentiousness and negativism some were bringing to the forum. SO I made myself scarce, not wanting to read it or to be a part of it. And I thought I would continue to post the promos for "Nightflight". But then I was finding there seemed to be no real interest....no postings on my promos...no responses...nothing. So since there seemed to be no interest....I made myself a bit scarcer and used Facebook as my promo focus and that's where most of my show's activity lies. But when you get no responses like it had been on SDF...it's hard to know if you are interested. If folks are interested, I can certainly post my shows promos here. A number of you have been very kind to me for quite a while, and I do appreciate it. Let me know...and thanks!
PS...the Andy/George/A' Go Go show I aired last night sadly didn't get archived on our station's archive site. Sorry if you missed it. I will air it again at some point in the future...not that soon...but I will do it. Thanks again. John

TomatoTom123
05-03-2017, 02:18 PM
I have never listened to this show before... can you give me a brief explanation as to what it's about, and how/where/when I can listen to it....? Obviously it's Motown-related so it sounds good!! Thanks :)

thanxal
05-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Folks.....thanks for the interest in my absence. Probably 6 to 8 months ago, I was continuously dishearted about the contentiousness and negativism some were bringing to the forum. SO I made myself scarce, not wanting to read it or to be a part of it. And I thought I would continue to post the promos for "Nightflight". But then I was finding there seemed to be no real interest....no postings on my promos...no responses...nothing. So since there seemed to be no interest....I made myself a bit scarcer and used Facebook as my promo focus and that's where most of my show's activity lies. But when you get no responses like it had been on SDF...it's hard to know if you are interested. If folks are interested, I can certainly post my shows promos here. A number of you have been very kind to me for quite a while, and I do appreciate it. Let me know...and thanks!
PS...the Andy/George/A' Go Go show I aired last night sadly didn't get archived on our station's archive site. Sorry if you missed it. I will air it again at some point in the future...not that soon...but I will do it. Thanks again. John

John
I completely understand. I took a break from posting last year due to the fighting on seemingly every thread. Often, though, your "Nightflight" thread reminded me to listen, even if I didn't post on it. I also think it is valuable for new members to see.
Your loyal listener
Thanxal

luke
05-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Love your shows MJ. I remember people being Interested here but I'm not sure of time frame. I remember a lot of interest about Scherrie and Susaye Partners. Please keep them coming !

ejluther
05-03-2017, 06:44 PM
the Andy/George/A' Go Go show I aired last night sadly didn't get archived on our station's archive site. Sorry if you missed it. I will air it again at some point in the future...not that soon...but I will do it. Thanks again. John

Any chance any one taped it live? I have all the past ones saved and am really sad to miss this one as they are always wonderful, wonderful! Of course, that's great about the eventual re-airing; will you please give us a heads up when you do?

vgalindo
05-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Thanks Midnight Johnny. I don't blame you one bit. Just wanted to let you know your show last night was awesome. Thank you for all you do.

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
05-03-2017, 11:21 PM
Did they mention anything about H/D/H coming out on cd? :D

rod_rick
05-03-2017, 11:58 PM

Will you post your Facebook link so I can subscribe to your page. Always enjoyed your show.
Thanks

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Tom...on "Nightflight" I play mostly Motown and mostly the tracks rare to radio. I also play other 60s and 70s music, occasionally show-long tributes to Dusty Springfield, Brill Building, Jimmy Webb and others. The radio station, WOMR, is community and business supported, non-commercial [[like NPR) which allows me great latitude in what I can play. I've hosted the show for almost 19 years. I've been honored to have interviews with Cal Street and Bertha Barbee [[Velvelettes), Claudette Robinson, Mary WIlson, Scherrie Payne, Susaye Greene, Janie Bradford, Pete Moore, Blinky and others, and joyously have Andy Skurow, George Solomon, and Harry Weinger on to promote new Universal releases. "Nightflight" is on every Tuesday night on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and webcasting at www.womr.org THAT was my resume [[*smile).

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 07:50 AM
John
I completely understand. I took a break from posting last year due to the fighting on seemingly every thread. Often, though, your "Nightflight" thread reminded me to listen, even if I didn't post on it. I also think it is valuable for new members to see.
Your loyal listener
Thanxal

Thanks,Thanxal...much appreciated! John

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 07:54 AM
Tom...on "Nightflight" I play mostly Motown and mostly the tracks rare to radio. I also play other 60s and 70s music, occasionally show-long tributes to Dusty Springfield, Brill Building, Jimmy Webb and others. The radio station, WOMR, is community and business supported, non-commercial [[like NPR) which allows me great latitude in what I can play. I've hosted the show for almost 19 years. I've been honored to have interviews with Cal Street and Bertha Barbee [[Velvelettes), Claudette Robinson, Mary WIlson, Scherrie Payne, Susaye Greene, Janie Bradford, Pete Moore, Blinky and others, and joyously have Andy Skurow, George Solomon, and Harry Weinger on to promote new Universal releases. "Nightflight" is on every Tuesday night on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and webcasting at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org) THAT was my resume [[*smile). ....................John

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 07:56 AM
Love your shows MJ. I remember people being Interested here but I'm not sure of time frame. I remember a lot of interest about Scherrie and Susaye Partners. Please keep them coming ! Thanks, Luke...much appreciated! John

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 07:59 AM
the Andy/George/A' Go Go show I aired last night sadly didn't get archived on our station's archive site. Sorry if you missed it. I will air it again at some point in the future...not that soon...but I will do it. Thanks again. John

Any chance any one taped it live? I have all the past ones saved and am really sad to miss this one as they are always wonderful, wonderful! Of course, that's great about the eventual re-airing; will you please give us a heads up when you do?. Eric....I will definately post a promo here and on FB when I replay the A' Go Go Show. And thank you a lot! John

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 08:00 AM
Thanks Midnight Johnny. I don't blame you one bit. Just wanted to let you know your show last night was awesome. Thank you for all you do. Victor....many thanks...I appreciate it!! Glad you could listen to the show! John

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 08:03 AM
Did they mention anything about H/D/H coming out on cd? :D It was brought up....it's much too soon to tell....having to do with sales of A' Go Go and a number of other factors. John

TomatoTom123
05-04-2017, 08:08 AM
Tom...on "Nightflight" I play mostly Motown and mostly the tracks rare to radio. I also play other 60s and 70s music, occasionally show-long tributes to Dusty Springfield, Brill Building, Jimmy Webb and others. The radio station, WOMR, is community and business supported, non-commercial [[like NPR) which allows me great latitude in what I can play. I've hosted the show for almost 19 years. I've been honored to have interviews with Cal Street and Bertha Barbee [[Velvelettes), Claudette Robinson, Mary WIlson, Scherrie Payne, Susaye Greene, Janie Bradford, Pete Moore, Blinky and others, and joyously have Andy Skurow, George Solomon, and Harry Weinger on to promote new Universal releases. "Nightflight" is on every Tuesday night on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and webcasting at www.womr.org THAT was my resume [[*smile).

....................John

Oh wow! That sounds great. Thanks John, I'll check it out. :)

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 08:16 AM

Thank you, too, Tom!!

drlorne
05-04-2017, 10:18 AM
Hi John:
Glad to see you back, here. I understand your scarcity. I usually scan topic and respondents and determine whether or not to read them. If there is a lot of back and forth between 2 people, I skip it.
Looking forward to your posts and perhaps some good comments during the programs.
Lorne

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Hi John:
Glad to see you back, here. I understand your scarcity. I usually scan topic and respondents and determine whether or not to read them. If there is a lot of back and forth between 2 people, I skip it.
Looking forward to your posts and perhaps some good comments during the programs.
Lorne

Thanks, Lorne.....much appreciated and great to see you! John

kenneth
05-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Yes, Johnny, please start up again posting info about your great show! I'm on the West Coast and often forget to tune in unless I see a reminder, because the show starts around the time I get home.

I miss hearing the original Mandante singing along with the music!

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 11:06 AM
Yes, Johnny, please start up again posting info about your great show! I'm on the West Coast and often forget to tune in unless I see a reminder, because the show starts around the time I get home.

Kenneth....I really appreciate your kindness...and I miss you calling me that!!! [[*smile)

I will post the shows... John

kenneth
05-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Kenneth....I really appreciate your kindness...and I miss you calling me that!!! [[*smile)

I will post the shows... John

Hallelujah!

thanxal
05-04-2017, 01:19 PM
Oh now THAT's funny.

Mandante Mosogotam. He could also be the president of Nigeria!

Circa 1824
05-04-2017, 02:05 PM
I loved the show because it was pre-recorded without the irritating sloooooooow-talking host.

kenneth
05-04-2017, 02:52 PM
I loved the show because it was pre-recorded without the irritating sloooooooow-talking host.

That's a nice comment, considering we just convinced him to be active on the SDF board again. Nice timing.

greg jones
05-04-2017, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=ejluther;384465]. Eric....I will definately post a promo here and on FB when I replay the A' Go Go Show. And thank you a lot! John

Johnny, guess it will have to be in 2 parts, since Your show last night ran over was 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Better yet, have Andy & George on again in between releases when we can also ask questions on the expanded editions where you didn't have a show. Ones like Diana Ross [[1970), Everything Is Everything, Meet The Supremes, Lost & Found, etc.

144man
05-04-2017, 07:05 PM

You'll have to get up at two in the morning and stay awake for three hours.
The show is well worth the effort, but I get too tired to listen nowadays.

TomatoTom123
05-04-2017, 07:09 PM

LOL

I did try finding previous shows on the WOMR website but I guess they don't have them?

Is there a way I can listen to the show without waking up in the middle of the night for several hours.......? Lol ;)

144man
05-04-2017, 07:13 PM
LOL

I did try finding previous shows on the WOMR website but I guess they don't have them?

Is there a way I can listen to the show without waking up in the middle of the night for several hours.......? Lol ;)

Not as far as I know.

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Oh now THAT's funny.

Mandante Mosogotam. He could also be the president of Nigeria!

And THAT'S quite funny too!

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 07:42 PM
LOL

Tom...go to the WOMR website...at the tip there is a "listen" tab with a dropdown menu saying podcasts. Then search for "Nightflight" you should find a number of shows/interviews.

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 07:43 PM

Awwww...Martin...I miss you losing sleep over me [[*smile)! And thank you....

midnight johnny
05-04-2017, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=midnight johnny;384534]

Johnny, guess it will have to be in 2 parts, since Your show last night ran over was 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Better yet, have Andy & George on again in between releases when we can also ask questions on the expanded editions where you didn't have a show. Ones like Diana Ross [[1970), Everything Is Everything, Meet The Supremes, Lost & Found, etc.
Greg...I figured there had to be a down side of going overtime...dammit!

luke
05-04-2017, 11:48 PM
I listened to MJ interview with Louvain Demps on YouTube the other day

carlo
05-06-2017, 08:09 AM

I think his voice is well suited for radio. Great tone, calming and charming. I doubt you could do a better job.

midnight johnny
05-06-2017, 09:46 AM
I think his voice is well suited for radio. Great tone, calming and charming. I doubt you could do a better job.

Thanks, Carlo....my voice... from many years of smoking.

BTW...next Tuesday....a rare and amazing interview only aired when we did it live 7 or so years ago. I'll put up a promo for it on Tuesday....
John

daviddh
05-06-2017, 11:05 AM
john, hello from Baltimore. sorry I missed the show as I totally forgot. 4 am wake up call, darn my apologies to you .I failed you.
I hope u replay A GO GO.look 4ward to your show. I think U will have a lot of DR shows this year with the deluxe edtitons of WORKIN OVERTIME, EVERYDAY IS...THE FORCE BEHIND,,TAKE ME HIGHER and possibly Ross 78 and SING HDH.
wow what a ross year we may have. we go from nothing to .....
maybe a deluxe SPECIAL SEASON Christmas album??? I think there are 6 more tracks that were recorded for this album and it never got a USA release. shame on Motown.
anyway, you may be busier than usual.
I think the 90s cds are due oct- nov of this year as of now.
I did hear some good things about THE FORCE and TMH.
glad you came back.

midnight johnny
05-06-2017, 09:07 PM
john, hello from Baltimore. sorry I missed the show as I totally forgot. 4 am wake up call, darn my apologies to you .I failed you.
I hope u replay A GO GO.look 4ward to your show. I think U will have a lot of DR shows this year with the deluxe edtitons of WORKIN OVERTIME, EVERYDAY IS...THE FORCE BEHIND,,TAKE ME HIGHER and possibly Ross 78 and SING HDH.
wow what a ross year we may have. we go from nothing to .....
maybe a deluxe SPECIAL SEASON Christmas album??? I think there are 6 more tracks that were recorded for this album and it never got a USA release. shame on Motown.
anyway, you may be busier than usual.
I think the 90s cds are due oct- nov of this year as of now.
I did hear some good things about THE FORCE and TMH.
glad you came back.

David...salute to Baltimore!! I don't know if all that Ross material will be released this year...you'd better start wishing and hoping and thinking and praying. Hope you can catch this show next time. I think you're on it...[[*smile).

daviddh
05-07-2017, 07:30 PM
ok johnnie I am going to start my DR playlist and since Ross 78 MAY be next I ll suggest 3 of my all time favorite Diana songs , Never Say I Don't Love You, You Were The One and Lovin Livin Givin.[[wink)
anyway I do realise that they may not all be released this year but I did have a little birdie in the know tell me some things may be out oct- nov. .
we will see how things pan out as I think , somethings may depend on how well A GO GO does.
anway, glad you stopped by here to say hello to us all.