PDA

View Full Version : Fantasia Hospitalized Due To An Overdose

test

juicefree20
08-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Singer/Actress Fantasia Barrino is in a North Carolina hospital due to some type of drug overdose. Though the report says that authorities are not sure whether the overdose was accidental or intentional, Channel 5 Fox in N.Y. is reporting that it was an attempted suicide. Fortunately, it's reported that her situation is NOT life-threatening.

Either way, I wish Fantasia well.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38645952/ns/today-entertainment/?gt1=43001

paladin
08-10-2010, 05:15 PM
So do I. I hope she has the mental fortitude to overcome this.

marxthespot
08-10-2010, 05:35 PM
I still think she had the most "god-given" natural singing talent of any of the Amer Idol winners...with Kelly Clarkson a close second. I hope she overcomes all of this.

carlo
08-10-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm in shock!! I can't believe it. I pray that she's okay. I'm really looking forward to her new music. Much love for her...

paladin
08-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Dam I hope this isn't tied to that report that she did a "Montana Fishburne" ! oh snap........

solemannking
08-10-2010, 06:42 PM
WOW...I pray that she will be ok

moe
08-10-2010, 06:59 PM
A very talented person who has overcome a lot in her life. I wish her well!!

ladyvanaye
08-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Here we go...:[[

skooldem1
08-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Fantasia's rep released the following statement:

Fantasia has always been an open book. Honesty, self-respect, and personal responsibility are values she wears proudly.

Fantasia believed Mr. Cook when he told her he was not happy in his marriage and his heart was not in it. She believed him when he told her he and Mrs. Cook separated in the late summer of 2009. She believed Mr. Cook when he told her he lived elsewhere.

He even took her there. One of Mr. Cook’s most redeeming qualities was his complete devotion to his children. Fantasia fell in love with Mr. Cook and believed that he loved her.

Fantasia and Mr. Cook dated on and off for about eleven months. The pressure of the constant media attention was hard on their relationship. Fantasia gave inconsistent interviews about the status of her relationship with Mr. Cook because sometimes they were on and sometimes they were off.

When they were on, they spent most of their time together when she was not traveling with work.
Fantasia read Mrs. Cook’s Complaint against Mr. Cook for the first time yesterday. She knows some of the allegations in Mrs. Cook's complaint are totally false. There are others she strongly doubts. There is plenty she does not know.

Fantasia is heartbroken and is sorry for any pain she may have caused.

Yesterday, she was totally overwhelmed by the lawsuit and the media attention. Last night, Fantasia was hospitalized. She took an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid.

Her injuries are not life threatening. She was dehydrated and exhausted at the time. Fantasia is stable now. She will be released from the hospital soon. Fantasia is a fighter and a survivor. This is not the hardest thing Fantasia has endured.

Fantasia will be stronger, smarter, and better for it. Her work has always inspired her and served as a source of strength. Her new album, “Back To Me,” will be released on August 24th.

The lyrics to “I’m Here” say it best:
“I Believe I Have Inside Of Me
Everything That I Need To Live A Bountiful Life
With All The Love Inside Of Me
I’ll Stand As Tall As The Tallest Tree
And I’m Thankful For Each Day That I’m Given
Both The Easy And The Hard Ones I’m Livin’
But Most Of All
Yes, I’m Thankful For Lovin’ Who I Really Am”

Fantasia sends her praise to God and her eternal gratitude to her fans, friends, and family.

God is good

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/10/fantasia-barrino-overdose-aspirin-and-sleep-aid/

zebop
08-10-2010, 10:05 PM
She's so talented, one of the most talented R&B singers and or singers we've had in the past few years, I'm glad to have her recovering...

msjoys
08-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Let's all keep Fantasia in our prayers - Sounds like she could use our prayer support!

catwoman55
08-11-2010, 12:15 PM
I will definitely keep this young woman in my prayers. I have always been pulling for her, since Day 1. Just something about her and her spirit that shines through...And, that voice [[when the histrionics are stripped away) is surely God-given. It would seem that Fantasia will need a lot of good, old-fashioned, rock solid life and career guidance, and I hope she gets it.

KevLo
08-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi this is Kev-Lo

I hope say gets herself back together and my GOD BLESS HER!

juicefree20
08-12-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm in Fantasia's home state of N.C., how far from where I'm staying in Oriental, I don't know. Earlier this evening, the local news reported that Fantasia attempted suicide after her married paramour broke off the relationship, following his wife's very public disclosure & divorce action.

The new reported that the wife plans to sue Fantasia for "Everything she's got" & they also played the 911 tape from the caller who placed the emergency call. When asked how she was doing the caller responded that she was close to slipping into unconsciousness.

She was released from the hospital earlier today & for the life of me, I can't understand how a hospital could possibly release someone who's suspected of attempted suicide. One would think that at the very least, she'd be held for mental observation.

Either way, I truly wish Fantasia the best. She is one the artists of today whom I like & enjoy.

God Speed!

marv2
08-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Stay strong Fantasia, head up!!!!

Livingallalone
08-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Almost makes wonder if this couple "set" fantasia up.....something just sounds odd....."gonna sue her for everything she got"......sounds like a get rich quick ploy to me. And sadly in the name of love many many have fallen for the line. Reality is this is not the world's business, but when your a "Star" that is the price of the fame.

Bill

rich
08-13-2010, 12:19 AM
really. If someone wanted to do it - they wouldn't just take aspirin and some sleeping pills - I do that when I have a headache.
I smell publicity stunt.
Oh, and her music is horrible.

ollie
08-13-2010, 03:36 AM
I wish her well.

"Last night, Fantasia was hospitalized. She took an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid"
Now that's funny.