PDA

View Full Version : Aretha Franklin Blasts Dionne Warwick for a Five-Year-Old Comment Made at Whitney Hou

test

abfan
04-25-2017, 11:31 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/music/aretha-franklin-blasts-dionne-warwick-for-a-five-year-old-comment-made-at-whitney-houstons-funeral/amp/

abfan
04-25-2017, 11:37 PM
Hmmmm Ree said they were never friends..

https://www.google.com/search?q=chaka+khan+aretha+dionne&oq=chaka+khan+aretha+dionne&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.28639j0j4&client=ms-android-metropcs-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=A-pMcaH9ViO5RM:

abfan
04-25-2017, 11:39 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=chaka+khan+aretha+dionne&oq=chaka+khan+aretha+dionne&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.28639j0j4&client=ms-android-metropcs-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=mN4rzl9EoCBNdM:

Guy
04-26-2017, 12:29 AM
This is fake news. In "From These Roots" Aretha shouted out Dionne as one of the divas she was most amenable to.

abfan
04-26-2017, 11:16 AM
uhhhhh how do I delete this nonsense. .I hate fake news

marv2
04-26-2017, 03:41 PM
This is fake news. In "From These Roots" Aretha shouted out Dionne as one of the divas she was most amenable to.

I thought so too. It doesn't even make since. They have known each other since the 1960s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBNYs9kN-Kw

Motown Eddie
04-26-2017, 05:31 PM

I agree; this sure sounds like 'fake news'. I also feel that public outbursts like this one make Aretha look hot-tempered and silly.

abfan
04-26-2017, 09:55 PM
All the legit news outlets are reporting this

Nitro2015
04-27-2017, 08:43 AM
Reading the David Ritz book about her, it's possible to have a clue about Aretha's many disturbing behaviors.

This is so nuts!!! It shows she never really matured as a person.

All the legit site news are reporting it, so I doubt it's false. What I don't doubt is Aretha forgeting about that some weeks from now and saying she never said that.

abfan
04-27-2017, 10:03 AM
Like she shaded Patti at the White House.And said it didnt happen

Motown Eddie
04-27-2017, 11:21 AM
Just thought of something; I wonder if there's any connection between Aretha's outbust at Dionne with the release of the documentary about Whitney Houston's life?

PeaceNHarmony
04-27-2017, 11:53 AM
uhhhhh how do I delete this nonsense. .I hate fake news
As this is an open forum, it's my understanding that we do not have the ability to delete other member's posts which we personally don't like.

PeaceNHarmony
04-27-2017, 11:58 AM
Reading the David Ritz book about her, it's possible to have a clue about Aretha's many disturbing behaviors.

This is so nuts!!! It shows she never really matured as a person.

All the legit site news are reporting it, so I doubt it's false. What I don't doubt is Aretha forgeting about that some weeks from now and saying she never said that.
Agreed. For anyone [[such as I) who is a major Aretha fan and followed her for decades, regretfully this type of statement has been seen before. Like the president djt does I suppose it's convenient and comforting to shout 'fake news" anytime one does like a story, but unfortunately that does not make the story untrue.

Guy
04-27-2017, 12:11 PM
Aretha has never healed from the emotional trauma of her youth. Her feelings are easily bruised, and she reacts with cruelty or hostility when she feels threatened or insulted. Even with that in mind, this Dionne story is nuts.

Frankly, if this is true, I fear it could be a sign of the onset of dementia. Irrational feelings of rage and lashing out are the first signs of it. That coupled with her lifelong extreme sensitivity and highly-strung temperament and...well...the Queen will go down both guns blazing.

marv2
04-27-2017, 12:42 PM
As this is an open forum, it's my understanding that we do not have the ability to delete other member's posts which we personally don't like.

That includes whatever I have to say in regards to Diana Ross.

marv2
04-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Aretha has never healed from the emotional trauma of her youth. Her feelings are easily bruised, and she reacts with cruelty or hostility when she feels threatened or insulted. Even with that in mind, this Dionne story is nuts.

Frankly, if this is true, I fear it could be a sign of the onset of dementia. Irrational feelings of rage and lashing out are the first signs of it. That coupled with her lifelong extreme sensitivity and highly-strung temperament and...well...the Queen will go down both guns blazing.

Aretha comes from a tough World growing up in Detroit. She has had run ins with Beyonce and her dad, Gladys Knight, Martha Reeves and several others over the years. Just because she is now a music legend does not change the fact that is how we got down in Detroit growing up! LOL!!!

abfan
04-27-2017, 12:53 PM
This is my post..i was asking how do i delete my own post.if its false information

marv2
04-27-2017, 03:52 PM
This is my post..i was asking how do i delete my own post.if its false information

First go to "edit post" and then click on "delete" give the reason for deletion or it may not work.

PeaceNHarmony
04-27-2017, 05:51 PM

I agree with most points, Guy, except for the dementia 'thang. It could be true, but it could also be true that Aretha simply heard anew/remembered the Warwick comment at a bad time and chose to go to the press. Remember the stank Aretha raised when Beyoncé referred to Tina Turner as 'the queen' ?

Guy
04-27-2017, 07:08 PM
I agree with most points, Guy, except for the dementia 'thang. It could be true, but it could also be true that Aretha simply heard anew/remembered the Warwick comment at a bad time and chose to go to the press. Remember the stank Aretha raised when Beyoncé referred to Tina Turner as 'the queen' ?

I do remember the Beyoncé situation, and Aretha's direct insult to Tina. At that time, her reaction was immediate and contemporaneous with the perceived slight. And not as egregious as this business with Dionne.

I am sticking with my dementia angle. This Dionne thing is different because [[1) it happened 5 years ago, [[2) Aretha and Dionne have had as amicable a relationship as Aretha has ever had with a female peer, and [[3) to call it 'libel' suggests she is unhinged. It is public, undignified and completely perplexing in a manner that is extreme even for Aretha. So much so, when the story was first reported I thought it was fake.

PeaceNHarmony
04-27-2017, 07:27 PM
I do remember the Beyoncé situation, and Aretha's direct insult to Tina. At that time, her reaction was immediate and contemporaneous with the perceived slight. And not as egregious as this business with Dionne.

I am sticking with my dementia angle. This Dionne thing is different because [[1) it happened 5 years ago, [[2) Aretha and Dionne have had as amicable a relationship as Aretha has ever had with a female peer, and [[3) to call it 'libel' suggests she is unhinged. It is public, undignified and completely perplexing in a manner that is extreme even for Aretha. So much so, when the story was first reported I thought it was fake.

Well I guess time will tell! It is interesting to hear your theory.

Circa 1824
04-27-2017, 07:27 PM
Who cares?

Ozmo
04-27-2017, 10:53 PM
True or not, I doubt whether Dionne Warwick is losing any sleep as she is also getting publicity mileage from this.

sansradio
04-28-2017, 01:34 AM
Doesn't libel denote the written word as opposed to slander? Any way you slice it, it's ridiculous on Aretha's part.

PeaceNHarmony
04-28-2017, 08:19 AM
Doesn't libel denote the written word as opposed to slander? Any way you slice it, it's ridiculous on Aretha's part.
I believe you are correct, but YOU can be the one to tell that to Aretha ;) !! You may want to bring a sweater as I'm sure there will be shade!! [[There is no emoticon for gelekhter)

smallworld
04-28-2017, 09:34 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sou3HXPNps#t=00m42s

PeaceNHarmony
04-28-2017, 10:06 AM
Turvey Turnips but this is gettin' hard to follow! Which is 'fake news' - Aretha's statement of 5 years ago, Aretha's statement of last week, Aretha's statement of more than 10 years ago, the statements in the documentary 'This Time', or the entire documentary 'This Time' ? Sure am glad that djt introduced the concept of 'fake news' to the USA - how did we ever live without it?

sansradio
04-28-2017, 01:22 PM
Oh, HELLZ no, PeaceNHarmony! I ain't crossin' Miss Ree EVER! :p

rrussi
05-02-2017, 07:44 AM
I don't believe this is fake news as it made a major place in the Orlando Sentinel direct from the Associated Press. However, it is totally ridiculous! And how would Dionne Warwick saying Aretha is Whitney's godmother damage Aretha's career as she claims in the article I read?

luke
05-05-2017, 11:56 AM
True. Maybe Darlene can jump in and we can have a real free for all!

abfan
05-05-2017, 01:36 PM
Its a clip currently on fb..of Gladys' knight given her 2 cents. .she said Rees sensitive. .lolllll

marv2
05-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Its a clip currently on fb..of Gladys' knight given her 2 cents. .she said Rees sensitive. .lolllll

Gladys Knight and Aretha Franklin have had problems with one another since they were young teenagers on the Gospel circuit. They first met when Aretha was 15 years old when her father tour came to Atlanta.

abfan
05-06-2017, 10:54 AM
here is the clip
https://www.lovebscott.com/news/gladys-knight-sides-dionne-warwick-aretha-franklin-feud-video

marv2
05-06-2017, 12:30 PM
I really wished they would stop. They've gotten enough mileage out of this story. No need to start WWIII at their ages.

luke
05-06-2017, 12:49 PM
I think it's getting more like entertainment. I kind of wish Cissy and Darlene and Patti would jump in. That would be something.

marv2
05-06-2017, 06:26 PM
I think it's getting more like entertainment. I kind of wish Cissy and Darlene and Patti would jump in. That would be something.

Nah then you're going to have Chaka Khan siding with Aretha and Shirley Alston-Owens and Beverly Lee of the Shirelles siding with Dionne and it will just be a big mess.

Roberta75
05-06-2017, 07:46 PM

I don't even go into most Aretha Franklin threads on here but the woman has a huge ego and is kinda NUTS imo.