04-25-2017, 02:41 PM
http://theaterpizzazz.com/diana-ross-concert-a-love-in-at-city-centre/

motownlover1964
04-25-2017, 03:03 PM
What a fantastic review!

nysister
04-25-2017, 03:05 PM

It has been many, many years since I seen Diana in concert. Last night, indeed it was a Love In! What a wonderful experience in this intimate theatre. We had a blast! If you are in NYC this week, and she's performing until Saturday, check out the legend. The voice was strong with clarity and she had just as much fun as we did and her young band was kicking. It was a night of beautiful music and precious memories.

PeaceNHarmony
04-25-2017, 03:50 PM
It has been many, many years since I seen Diana in concert. Last night, indeed it was a Love In! What a wonderful experience in this intimate theatre. We had a blast! If you are in NYC this week, and she's performing until Saturday, check out the legend. The voice was strong with clarity and she had just as much fun as we did and her young band was kicking. It was a night of beautiful music and precious memories.
I'll have to buy peanut butter tonight because after reading your post I'm feelin' the jelly!!

PeaceNHarmony
04-25-2017, 03:53 PM
Thanks so much for posting this review! 'Packed to the rafters', 'unending cheers', the crowd 'beside themselves', 'thunderous cheers, applause and standing ovations' for the 'gracious Ms. Diana Ross' - once again showing how it's done!

Roberta75
04-25-2017, 05:34 PM
Another real nice review for Miss Ross.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/diana-ross-new-york-city-center-five-night-engagement_us_58ff7952e4b0288f5dc851a0

RanRan79
04-25-2017, 07:12 PM
Did anyone doubt that the reviews would be so glowing? This is typical Ross these days, isn't it? The woman is still so good after all this time. She gives the people their money's worth.

jobeterob
04-25-2017, 07:24 PM
Did she really sing It's My Turn?

Or did they mean It's My House?

We'll need to do some Youtube searches.

PeaceNHarmony
04-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Another real nice review for Miss Ross.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/diana-ross-new-york-city-center-five-night-engagement_us_58ff7952e4b0288f5dc851a0
Thanks for finding this, Ms. Roberta!

PeaceNHarmony
04-25-2017, 07:31 PM
Did anyone doubt that the reviews would be so glowing? This is typical Ross these days, isn't it? The woman is still so good after all this time. She gives the people their money's worth.
It is, and she is, and she sure does!!

Roberta75
04-25-2017, 07:32 PM

She sang Its my Turn at the Kennedy Center last Dececmber.

Fondly,

Roberta

jobeterob
04-25-2017, 07:56 PM
Well, that is what the fans want - the variety of It's My Turn, Reach Out and Touch, Good Morning Heartache, All We Do Is Win.

But if she leaves out Stop in the Name of Love and Ain't No Mountain High Enough people will generally go nuts.

vgalindo
04-25-2017, 08:07 PM
Wow the show sounds amazing. She still thrilling audiences all over the place.

PeaceNHarmony
04-25-2017, 08:09 PM
Well, that is what the fans want - the variety of It's My Turn, Reach Out and Touch, Good Morning Heartache, All We Do Is Win.

But if she leaves out Stop in the Name of Love and Ain't No Mountain High Enough people will generally go nuts.

I clutch my pearls at the mere THOUGHT!

jobeterob
04-25-2017, 09:41 PM
What we need is Love is Like An Itching in my Heart.

thommg
04-26-2017, 11:03 AM

Jobeterob, I saw the show last night and she did It's My House. That is not to say that she didn't, at some point, do It's My Turn as I hear she trades out some songs. By the way, ll songs were sung through, no medleys except Love Hangover into Take Me Higher.

The City Center show was fantastic. I was on of the people in the rafters [[a much better place to sit that the rear mezzanine which is more expensive). The energy in the theatre was palpable and it seemed as though Diana fed off of that energy. She looked like she was having fun, really enjoying herself! That was so wonderful to see. She sounded great and brought her grandchildren onstage to dance with her. Then she invited their mothers, her step-daughter and Rhonda. She handed the mic to Rhonda and wanted her to sing and she wailed for a couple of minutes and then Diana told her to give the mic back! 5 costume changes and a great band and background vocalists. The show was about an hour and forty minutes, no intermission and no opening act. She also announced that she will be doing a short tour this summer with Rhonda as her opening act, but didn't say where. If you are in NYC, you should see this. A truly great night.

thommg
04-26-2017, 11:05 AM
May I also add that last night, the audience included Andy Skurow, Harry Weinger, Clive Davis, and Sean Combs. Those were the only ones I know about, there may have been more celebs.

jobeterob
04-26-2017, 12:07 PM
Clive will never retire

thommg
04-26-2017, 01:26 PM
Clive will never retire

There is a new documentary about him at the Tribeca Film Festival that is getting incredible word of mouth.

Circa 1824
04-26-2017, 01:33 PM
The expected appearance of her family at the end of the show is my least favorite part.

Nitro2015
04-26-2017, 04:12 PM
I'm loving all the amazing press. She is the best.

thommg
04-26-2017, 05:03 PM
A friend who attended the concert last night, notated her set list:

I'm Coming Out
More Today Than Yesterday
My World Is Empty Without You
Baby Love
Stop! In The Name Of Love
Come See About Me
You Can't Hurry Love
Love Child
The Boss
Touch Me In The Morning
It's Hard For Me To Say
Upside Down
It's My House
Love Hangover / Take Me Higher
Ease On Down The Road
The Look Of Love
Good Morning Heartache
Don't Explain
Why Do Fools Fall In Love
Do You Know Where You're Going To?
I Will Survive
Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Reach Out And Touch [[Somebody's Hand
I Will Survive [[Reprise)

DJMoch
04-26-2017, 06:05 PM
I'm very happy Diana is getting such glowing reviews. She deserves nothing less, she is an amazing and talented woman. God bless her for putting on shows like this at the age of 73.

PeaceNHarmony
04-26-2017, 07:03 PM
Do we know if Diana enters through the audience?

thommg
04-26-2017, 11:02 PM
Do we know if Diana enters through the audience?

PeaceNHarmony, she does not at City Center. She enters from from stage right. In fact, all her entrances and exits are stage right. Her only audience interaction was reaching down to shake hands with people during Reach Out, and at the end.