PDA

View Full Version : Stokely of mint condition make ssolo debut

test

glencro
04-24-2017, 11:30 AM
After over two decades as the lead vocalist for the incomparable hit making R&B band Mint Condition, singer and two time Grammy Award nominee Stokley Williams charters a new course with his breathtaking debut solo album Introducing Stokley. Featuring guest appearances by the likes of Grammy winning jazz pianist Robert Glasper and Estelle as well as production from multi platinum duo Carvin Haggins & Ivan Barrias [[Ledisi, Tamia, Kenny Lattimore), Introducing Stokley is long awaited by fans.

While Stokley was content with his band of brothers in Mint Condition as well as his outside collaborative endeavors, he realized that the time had come for him to embark on a musical voyage in a vessel meant for him to steer. Introducing Stokley finds Stokley stepping into the spotlight, a vibrant portrait of an artist on a quest to cultivate a creative statement as an individual. The album offers listeners a fresh perspective of a dynamic voice that has resonated with core fans around the world for over two decades.

The album’s groove laden lead single “Level” IS OUT NOW! It finds Stokley wielding his mighty pen as a songwriter, weaving lyrics of affirmation over a propulsive rhythm guitar driven track. Stokley says, “We all seek to find someone or something that fits just right for us. Everybody wants something that fits with them comfortably. Something on their level.”

It has been said that good things come to those who wait. For more than 20 years, fans have been patiently biding their time in hopes of a solo project from the lead vocalist of one of the most important R&B bands of the past several decades. With the bowing of Introducing Stokley, it’s safe to say the wait is over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWJI2luATJ4

TomatoTom123
04-24-2017, 07:16 PM
I like it! Nice chorus.

I have to admit that I had never heard of Stokely or Mint Condition before, but this is a great song and a great way to start discovering his/their music! Thank you glen :)

Luciano
04-24-2017, 10:18 PM
Thanks for sharing Glencro! Hope he finds radio play for his song. It's good but need to listen a few more times and see if it grows on me.