PDA

View Full Version : A Go Go on iTunes Now

test

thanxal
04-21-2017, 11:05 AM
And the remix of LILAIIMH is unbelievable!!!

Entire 2-disc available.

thanxal
04-21-2017, 11:06 AM
Holy crap!!! Flo is completely audible in the mixes! Andy and George have hit this OUT THE PARK.

DJMoch
04-21-2017, 11:26 AM
I! Can! Not! Wait!

thanxal
04-21-2017, 11:27 AM
And something very awesome is teased on the back cover of the booklet.

thanxal
04-21-2017, 11:32 AM
DUH! So excited I forgot...
The link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-supremes-a-go-go-expanded-edition/id1226784307

carole cucumber
04-21-2017, 11:49 AM
And one may also listen to the entire set on Spotify.

thanxal
04-21-2017, 12:05 PM
"Honey, if that ain't enough, that's too bad" should be the motto of all these delightful reissues when anyone complains about them. Thanks, Flo.

PeaceNHarmony
04-21-2017, 12:07 PM
And one may also listen to the entire set on Spotify.
Excellent! I've ordered but while waiting for my very own copy I'll listen on Spotify this evening - thanks!

DJMoch
04-21-2017, 12:13 PM
This is a time I don't mind spending extra to get both digital and CD, I'm more than happy to support future Supremes releases. Plus, I'm too anxious to wait a week [[plus delivery time to Canada which is usually at least another week, thanks Amazon!). I want to hear them NOW, I'm impatient so sue me! :D

thanxal
04-21-2017, 12:38 PM
I want to hear them NOW, I'm impatient so sue me! :D

Guilty as charged!!!

thanxal
04-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Also Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Supremes-Go-Go-Expanded/dp/B06ZXSNVML/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1492805266&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=supremes+a+go+go+expanded+edition

Jimi LaLumia
04-21-2017, 05:04 PM
the Amazon listing seems to be a confusion between the Expanded and the regular CD ..

thanxal
04-21-2017, 05:26 PM
the Amazon listing seems to be a confusion between the Expanded and the regular CD ..
Not sure what you mean. Its the same track listing on Amazon as iTunes. Don't forget the "regular CD" is included as tracks 13-24 on the reissue.

TomatoTom123
04-22-2017, 03:45 AM
I don't think it is on iTunes in the UK yet, sadly! Luckily you can still listen to previews on Amazon.com ;)

TomatoTom123
04-22-2017, 03:50 AM
I was just listening to "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart" from the original [[non-expanded) edition of Supremes A Go Go on iTunes and I can't believe how good it sounds. I don't know what version I have but it's missing that sassy, jazzy horn section!!!?

WOW... I love this song so much more than I already did [[which was a lot) ;););)

What's different about the stereo mix on A Go Go expanded? :)

daviddh
04-22-2017, 11:25 AM
love the new mixes......the way the were supposed to sound. some of the original mixes sound watered down ,......now they sound like they should have. great mixs Kevin Reeves

thanxal
04-22-2017, 11:47 AM
What's different about the stereo mix on A Go Go expanded? :)

I can't hear a major difference on the mono or stereo mixes. Where there is a difference is the pounding bass. It is OUTRAGEOUSLY more bass than anything before, esp. the 1993 issue, which is the original stereo release.

thanxal
04-22-2017, 11:48 AM
love the new mixes......the way the were supposed to sound. some of the original mixes sound watered down ,......now they sound like they should have. great mixs Kevin Reeves
Kevin Reeves...what an over-the-top outstanding job. I was shocked to hear the horn section on the alt mix of Get Ready. It literally sounds 3D on my Boston Acoustic speakers. I am amazed at what these guys are able to accomplish on release after release.

marv2
04-22-2017, 12:37 PM
All of the tracks are up on Youtube now too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzPGXBOqito

marv2
04-22-2017, 12:50 PM
Here they really turn up Florence and Mary as I knew they would................ The Super Remix! [[PS, be sure to check out the ending!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt4TAOBZiqE

paul_nixon
04-22-2017, 12:54 PM
None of the videos will play in the UK unless you have internet address blocker running

jobucats
04-22-2017, 12:59 PM
So excited that after over 50 years [[because I sold traded my mono album for the stereo version in 1967), I get to hear those wonderful tag lines Diana sings while the bass clearly plays underneath her voice beginning at 2:23. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxsHIv84YtE

thanxal
04-22-2017, 01:04 PM
Here they really turn up Florence and Mary as I knew would................ The Super Remix! [[PS, be sure to check out the ending!)

"Honey if that ain't enough, that's too bad". LOVE IT!

TomatoTom123
04-22-2017, 01:04 PM
I can't hear a major difference on the mono or stereo mixes. Where there is a difference is the pounding bass. It is OUTRAGEOUSLY more bass than anything before, esp. the 1993 issue, which is the original stereo release.

Ah I see! Thank you thanxal

TomatoTom123
04-22-2017, 01:05 PM
None of the videos will play in the UK unless you have internet address blocker running

Yes, sadly they are all blocked!

But what is "internet address blocker"...? And it makes the videos work?! :)

marv2
04-22-2017, 01:26 PM

I hate that when that happens here too.

bradburger
04-22-2017, 02:05 PM
For those who can't view YT content in their country, try the ProxFlow plugin: -

http://www.proxflow.com/?lang=en

Working fine for me with Chrome on the above videos.

Cheers

Paul

DJMoch
04-22-2017, 02:12 PM
I honestly have no words to express how amazing this set is. Words literally fail me. Everyone responsible for this set have completely blown away every single expectation I had for "A Go-Go".

I'm a huge fan of hearing studio chatter and love non-faded song endings, and they delivered in spades. "1! 7! 8! 9! 3!" For some reason I found that bit of studio talk tickled me the most, I don't know why.

I am having such a difficult time deciding what's my favourite here. The two remixes of "Itching" are terrific. [[In fact, the SupreMix sounds like something that I would have created, it has that kind of feel to me, and I absolutely love it). And moreover, kudos for bumping up the backing vocals in the mix, Mary and Flo have never been more loud and clear, and for that I thank you profusely.

And thanks for the tease about Ross and Sing H-D-H. If they are put together with as much love and attention as A Go-Go has been, we have absolutely nothing to worry about. Truthfully I don't know how to thank you guys for such an epic deluxe edition. Three cheers and a pat on the back oughta do it!

DJ Moch

George Solomon
04-22-2017, 04:01 PM
Wow ... I'm actually getting a little teary eyed reading these. You are very welcome and THANK YOU!

thanxal
04-22-2017, 04:09 PM
Wow ... I'm actually getting a little teary eyed reading these. You are very welcome and THANK YOU!

George, we are eternally grateful. This has exceeded all my expectations. And I had high expectations given the quality of previous releases. THANK YOU!

nathanj06
04-22-2017, 04:31 PM
Which cover did they use? The one above or the one on Facebook Expanded? In other words, the original blue?

daviddh
04-22-2017, 09:49 PM
the original blue artwork is used.
I had to play Itching in my heart ..first.love it. think I have played it since I downloaded it. fell asleep with my ipod on.
I also like the new mixes especially What The World Needs Now Is love and Misery makes it Home In My Heart. but I have always liked these. the new What The World seems more full ....lovin it. the original lways sounded like a demo to me but now these new mixes sound like they should have always sounded.
this lp was never a favorite of mine , it always sounded uneven but with the new mixes , it sounds like the dance album it was meant to be.
some of the out takes are really nice. In My Lonely Room has always been a fav.

daviddh
04-22-2017, 09:52 PM
my only complaint was I wanted a new mix on Baby I Need Your Lovin.......
maybe another time or cd but not sure which version I like better ,..mono or stereo but I think .....stereo

nathanj06
04-23-2017, 09:55 AM
the original blue artwork is used.
I had to play Itching in my heart ..first.love it. think I have played it since I downloaded it. fell asleep with my ipod on.
I also like the new mixes especially What The World Needs Now Is love and Misery makes it Home In My Heart. but I have always liked these. the new What The World seems more full ....lovin it. the original lways sounded like a demo to me but now these new mixes sound like they should have always sounded.
this lp was never a favorite of mine , it always sounded uneven but with the new mixes , it sounds like the dance album it was meant to be.
some of the out takes are really nice. In My Lonely Room has always been a fav.

I could never get an answer on that until now and never saw the one they're using on amazon and so forth. It looks like a child's color by numbers especially at the bottom. Many of us appreciate the original artwork as much as the music and, of course, Andy & George know this and always do phenomenal work. I couldn't help but listen to Itchin' SupreMix...WOW!! Get that on radio now and see what happens. :) Awesome.

daviddh
04-23-2017, 10:03 AM
I have seen green in the past but I was curious as to if that was the difference between stereo and mono versions. the booklet is really nice and I love the TIMELINE....lots of cool info. btw, for some fans according to the liner notes no versions of Boots with Florence on lead has ever been found.

ejluther
04-23-2017, 10:13 AM
Another home run and I'm happy to buy it twice - digital and CD! Thank you SO much! I hope there's a radio show with Midnight Johnny to promote it coming up soon...

daviddh
04-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Which cover did they use? The one above or the one on Facebook Expanded? In other words, the original blue?
after revisiting the booklet, both the green and blue are used as long as other photos never seen b4. sorry if I gave the wrong info. I suppose I will see the final concept when the cd comes

carole cucumber
04-23-2017, 11:34 AM
Another home run and I'm happy to buy it twice - digital and CD! Thank you SO much! I hope there's a radio show with Midnight Johnny to promote it coming up soon...

May2, 9-12M ET on "Nightflight", on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown, webcasting at www.womr.org. [[http://www.womr.org/).

thanxal
04-23-2017, 12:50 PM
May2, 9-12M ET on "Nightflight", on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown, webcasting at www.womr.org. [[http://www.womr.org/).

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Buttered Popcorn and so forth
04-24-2017, 12:20 AM
The Super Remix! [[PS, be sure to check out the ending!)Yes! I couldn't resist checking out the 2 mixes of "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart" on youtube. But I'm excitingly saving the rest for when the actual CD arrives at my doorstep! Those endings are so funny! The "Scratch Mix" ending is funny cuz it sounds like Diana Ross is throwing shade when they start doing the background vocals at the end! Haha, but then the very end of the "SupreMix" is even more funny and at the same time brings a tear to my eyes hearing Florence's quick wit and sense of humour coming out as usual [[yeah, the tears come from knowing she's been gone for so long, but being so grateful when we get to hear "new" stuff from them after all these years.) I'm so happy we're getting more releases again!

thanxal
04-24-2017, 08:06 AM
Yes! I couldn't resist checking out the 2 mixes of "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart" on youtube. But I'm excitingly saving the rest for when the actual CD arrives at my doorstep! Those endings are so funny! The "Scratch Mix" ending is funny cuz it sounds like Diana Ross is throwing shade when they start doing the background vocals at the end! Haha, but then the very end of the "SupreMix" is even more funny and at the same time brings a tear to my eyes hearing Florence's quick wit and sense of humour coming out as usual [[yeah, the tears come from knowing she's been gone for so long, but being so grateful when we get to hear "new" stuff from them after all these years.) I'm so happy we're getting more releases again!
I was taken aback by all the Flo on Disc 2. It is a truly fitting way to remember her, with wit and humor.

nathanj06
04-24-2017, 11:21 AM
after revisiting the booklet, both the green and blue are used as long as other photos never seen b4. sorry if I gave the wrong info. I suppose I will see the final concept when the cd comes

It's ok David. Thought maybe someone who downloaded the booklet would know. I can wait a few more days, just curious as I never saw this other one before.

daviddh
04-24-2017, 01:09 PM
I was taken aback by all the Flo on Disc 2. It is a truly fitting way to remember her, with wit and humor.
totally agree. made me laugh. what great harmonies they had. I think the BIZ separated them. to bad , they were so damn good together glad we get these to remember them by.

TomatoTom123
05-01-2017, 11:16 AM
Here they really turn up Florence and Mary as I knew they would................ The Super Remix! [[PS, be sure to check out the ending!)

Does anyone else feel like they die and go to heaven every time the song hits that 5:09 mark?

I do, and I'm not even religious
LOL ;)