PDA

View Full Version : Sad News,Cuba Gooding of The Main Ingredients,has passed,at age 72

test

REDHOT
04-20-2017, 08:09 PM
Sad News, Cuba Gooding lead singer of The Main Ingredients,has passed at age 72,they say Drug Overdose,my heart goes out to his Family, R.I.P Cuba Gooding.

marv2
04-20-2017, 08:35 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cuba-gooding-sr-dead-soul-singer-cuba-goodings-dad-was-72-996141

MotownSteve
04-20-2017, 09:37 PM
I just got notified by SoulTracks. It's sad news. RIP

marv2
04-20-2017, 09:56 PM
He left some really musical memories like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q5-xPbpE00

jaybs
04-21-2017, 06:25 AM
Here in the UK we wake up too many times of late with sad news, and once again with Cuba Gooding, will never forget 'Don't want to be Lonely'

Rest in Peace Cuba, thanks for the Music, no one can take away from us!

Condolences to the Family, especially Cuba Jnr

wonder_woman
04-22-2017, 03:24 AM
One of my all time favourite groups, I have fond memories of 'Just Don't Want To Be Lonely' then I heard 'Looks Like Rain', 'Have You Ever Tried It' such great songs, another very sad loss to the world of music. R.I.P

splanky
04-22-2017, 07:36 AM
Well, at least he lived this long, got to recieve his flowers while he was still living, gain
worldwide success and fame, see his kids grow up and become stars themselves in their
own rite...He grew on me , sure but I loved and missed The Main Ingredient's first lead
singer Donald McPherson who passed away just as they were finding a following...That said
Cuba's cover of Stevie Wonder's Girl Blue is the tune that sold me. Just Don't Won't To Be
Lonely was a great track too which always made me think of Marvin Gaye for some reason.
I liked that went Regina Belle covered it they kept the same rhythmic groove...

glencro
04-24-2017, 11:54 AM
Such sad news. May he rest in peace. He left great music and a great legacy behind. A family friend once handled bookings for the group.

marv2
04-24-2017, 12:24 PM
Well, at least he lived this long, got to recieve his flowers while he was still living, gain
worldwide success and fame, see his kids grow up and become stars themselves in their
own rite...He grew on me , sure but I loved and missed The Main Ingredient's first lead
singer Donald McPherson who passed away just as they were finding a following...That said
Cuba's cover of Stevie Wonder's Girl Blue is the tune that sold me. Just Don't Won't To Be
Lonely was a great track too which always made me think of Marvin Gaye for some reason.

I enjoyed Don McPherson also especially their "Black Seeds" album. What a great singer he was.

jboy88
04-28-2017, 05:40 PM

Don McPherson was ahead on his time. To me his sound was more on par with what was being put out in the mid 70s. I'll bet Darryl Hall and Harry Ray wore out quit a few McPherson era leads.

BTW, several sources implied that had Don not of passed, the group would of become a quartet with Cuba and Don co-leading. Can anyone confirm this?