PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Wonder writes tribute to Sylvia Moy

test

woodward
04-19-2017, 08:29 AM
From the Detroit News today.

Stevie Wonder writes tribute to songwriter Sylvia Moy

Days after Motown songwriter Sylvia Moy died, her collaborator, Stevie Wonder, penned a heartfelt statement about her impact on him. The pair, along with songwriter HenryCosby wrote “Uptight [[Everthing’s Alright)” an “My Cherie Amour.” “How do you stop loving the ones you loved for a lifetime — you don’t! Sylvia Moy made it possible to enrich my world of songs with some of the greatest lyrics. But not only that, she, through her participation and our co-writing those songs, helped me become a far better writer of lyrics,” said Wonder in a statement sent to Rolling Stone. “Even in these later years, I longed for us to collaborate again, yet who am I to fight with the Most High in His decision to making her one of his angles of song for eternity. Maybe someday in eternity, at its given time and space, we will write together again. I love you, Sylvia.” Moy, who was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2005, died Saturday at age 78

marv2
04-19-2017, 09:11 AM
Stevie seems to never forget most of the people that he started out with. Ms. Moy really had an impact on his early career. May she rest in peace.

theboyfromxtown
04-19-2017, 10:26 AM
Isn't that just wonderful of Stevie to do that. Thank you for posting Woodward

detmotownguy
04-19-2017, 06:39 PM
Stevie seems to never forget most of the people that he started out with. Ms. Moy really had an impact on his early career. May she rest in peace. I agree Marv. Nice to see someone appreciating those responsible for their success. Generally speaking, the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

marv2
04-19-2017, 10:30 PM
I agree Marv. Nice to see someone appreciating those responsible for their success. Generally speaking, the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

That has always been the case of the truly successful.