PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross NYC Engagement Nearly Sold Out

test

PeaceNHarmony
04-18-2017, 12:40 PM
Diana Ross' 5-night engagement [[originally scheduled for 3 nights then lengthened due to popular demand) at the historic City Center Theater is about 95% sold. At 2,257 seats that means there will be 11,285 happy Motown / Diana fans next week!

RanRan79
04-18-2017, 12:52 PM
What a blessing to still be able to sell out or nearly sell out venues and have extended engagements 58 years in the business.

PeaceNHarmony
04-18-2017, 01:19 PM
What a blessing to still be able to sell out or nearly sell out venues and have extended engagements 58 years in the business.
Absolutely! And a blessing for the fans as well.

mpn1jco
04-18-2017, 03:00 PM

There is a great book that documents Ross' loyal tribe that follows her around from show to show. They plan vacation, sick, and personal time around her shows. A concert by Ross is also a family reunion event because they have been together for decades helping each other with the coming out process, deaths and other life issues. I think it is great that the tribe is in NYC for five days, planning a vacation in NYC, and seeing MISS ROSS every night. How many artists at 73 have about 2,000 loyal fans who will come to see their show for 5 days and sell her out? That is loyalty!

Where to next gang?

Roberta75
04-18-2017, 03:55 PM

There is a great book that documents Ross' loyal tribe that follows her around from show to show. They plan vacation, sick, and personal time around her shows. A concert by Ross is also a family reunion event because they have been together for decades helping each other with the coming out process, deaths and other life issues. I think it is great that the tribe is in NYC for five days, planning a vacation in NYC, and seeing MISS ROSS every night. How many artists at 73 have about 2,000 loyal fans who will come to see their show for 5 days and sell her out? That is loyalty!

Where to next gang?

That is a great book by Tom Adrahtas but his best book is A Lifetime to Get here about Miss Ross by Tom Adrahtas. Both are available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Diva-Her-Tribe-Ultimate-Collection/dp/147921180X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492545263&sr=8-1&keywords=Tom+Adrahtas

https://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Get-Here-American-Dreamgirl/dp/1425971393/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492545263&sr=8-2&keywords=Tom+Adrahtas

Both are real great reads.

PeaceNHarmony
04-18-2017, 04:22 PM
That is a great book by Tom Adrahtas but his best book is A Lifetime to Get here about Miss Ross by Tom Adrahtas. Both are available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Diva-Her-Tribe-Ultimate-Collection/dp/147921180X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492545263&sr=8-1&keywords=Tom+Adrahtas

https://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Get-Here-American-Dreamgirl/dp/1425971393/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492545263&sr=8-2&keywords=Tom+Adrahtas

Both are real great reads.
Interesting recommendation, Ms. Roberta, and thanks!

Roberta75
04-18-2017, 04:55 PM
Interesting recommendation, Ms. Roberta, and thanks!

You are so welcome dear PaeceNHarmony and both are real inexpensive and have kinddle versions as well.

Fondly,

Roberta

jobeterob
04-18-2017, 04:56 PM
When Mickey Stevenson wrote his book, he said that if you want the facts, read Secrets of a Sparrow and if you want celebrity gossip, read Mary's books.

I think what would be good is a book by Diana wrapping up the whole career - staying away from celebrity gossip - but frankly talking about the career, the challenges, the highs, the lows, the excitement, the racism, the sexism, the adulation.

RanRan79
04-18-2017, 05:14 PM
When Mickey Stevenson wrote his book, he said that if you want the facts, read Secrets of a Sparrow and if you want celebrity gossip, read Mary's books.

I think what would be good is a book by Diana wrapping up the whole career - staying away from celebrity gossip - but frankly talking about the career, the challenges, the highs, the lows, the excitement, the racism, the sexism, the adulation.

Mary's books were marketed for the celebrity gossip crowd [[which is half of America) but with all due respect to Mr. Stevenson, they were Mary's recollections from her perspective regarding the past and they can't be any more discounted or validated than his own book or Diana's book.

The book I would actually love to read is a collaboration between Diana and Mary. I mentioned in another thread that I get tired of the same old stories about the Supremes. There has to be tons of little anecdotes and facts that we fans don't know about because most of what we get are the same five stories pulled out of Diana and Mary by interviewers who aren't usually interviewing them for the die hard crowd. Because I am a family historian I know that with older people you can conduct interviews with them regarding their memories and get a lot of great stuff, but there's this terrific dynamic that happens when two or more are in the same room and one says something happened one way while another says they don't remember it that way before launching into their version, and then many times something comes up and one says "Oh I forgot about that!".

I say they should put the memories in a book along with photos from their personal collections. Maybe even insert memories from various people. I love history so I'm fascinated by the Supremes early years in particular. I want to know about performances, recording sessions, tour shenanigans, etc. With Florence gone that history is solely in the Ross and Wilson libraries. When they're gone, that's it.

mpn1jco
04-18-2017, 05:27 PM
Mary's books were marketed for the celebrity gossip crowd [[which is half of America) but with all due respect to Mr. Stevenson, they were Mary's recollections from her perspective regarding the past and they can't be any more discounted or validated than his own book or Diana's book.

The book I would actually love to read is a collaboration between Diana and Mary. I mentioned in another thread that I get tired of the same old stories about the Supremes. There has to be tons of little anecdotes and facts that we fans don't know about because most of what we get are the same five stories pulled out of Diana and Mary by interviewers who aren't usually interviewing them for the die hard crowd. Because I am a family historian I know that with older people you can conduct interviews with them regarding their memories and get a lot of great stuff, but there's this terrific dynamic that happens when two or more are in the same room and one says something happened one way while another says they don't remember it that way before launching into their version, and then many times something comes up and one says "Oh I forgot about that!".

I say they should put the memories in a book along with photos from their personal collections. Maybe even insert memories from various people. I love history so I'm fascinated by the Supremes early years in particular. I want to know about performances, recording sessions, tour shenanigans, etc. With Florence gone that history is solely in the Ross and Wilson libraries. When they're gone, that's it.

There are over 50 books about the Supremes, Ross, and , the Motown Saga on the market. Some are more reputable than others, but they all tell essentially the same story with the exception of Ross' self penned tomes, Tom A., books and maybe a few others. Tom A.' books are independently published and each sold less than 3,000 copies.

mpn1jco
04-18-2017, 05:29 PM
There are over 50 books about the Supremes, Ross, and , the Motown Saga on the market. Some are more reputable than others, but they all tell essentially the same story with the exception of Ross' self penned tomes, Tom A., books and maybe a few others. Tom A.' books are independently published and each sold less than 3,000 copies.

mpn1jco
04-18-2017, 05:33 PM
There are over 50 books about the Supremes, Ross, and , the Motown Saga on the market. Some are more reputable than others, some are considered gossip or reputable, but they ALL tell essentially the same story with the exception of Ross' self penned tomes, Tom A., books and maybe a few others. Tom A.' books are independently published and each sold less than 2,000 copies. They are directed to a niche audience and I suggest they are to be avoided at all costs unless you are a die had fan. A good objective, and realistic book by a fan is Diana's Dogs.

mpn1jco
04-18-2017, 05:36 PM
There are over 50 books about the Supremes, Ross, and , the Motown Saga on the market. Some are more reputable than others, some are considered gossip or reputable, but they ALL tell essentially the same story with the exception of Ross' self penned tomes, Tom A., books and maybe a few others. Tom A.' books are independently published and each sold less than 2,000 copies. They are directed to a niche audience and I suggest they are to be avoided at all costs unless you are a die had fan. A good objective, and realistic book by a fan is Diana's Dogs.

Dana's book has the distinction of becoming an unintended camp classic along wit Joan Crawford's memoir for obvious reasons.

Roberta75
04-18-2017, 05:41 PM

I dont know where you got your sales figures from but there real off. Toms The Diva and her Tribe sold at least 10,000 copies and A Lifetime to Get here sold double that. Id make a guess that youve never read them.

Roberta

mpn1jco
04-18-2017, 05:54 PM
I don't know where you get YOUR sales figures from, DEAR, but they are way off. I have read both books and I own them. Don't make a move too seen DEAREST.

jobeterob
04-18-2017, 06:06 PM
Would be nice if something like RanRan suggests could happen - a together project and the jogging of memories would be good. And face it, the market for all of this is declining. That is an issue Mary always faces - if she somehow doesn't get Diana into the conversation, no one is interested - which is what she was saying in 1986. But it is a much more relevant comment in 2017.

One day Luke made a comment on a thread about how Diana just blows Mary off. His wording was a little vague but I do agree that as Mary said, they went their separate ways 47 years ago and they live their own lives. Diana seems to be all about family and her concert career and seems to not want to make a comment about Mary if her life depended on it.

Roberta75
04-18-2017, 07:02 PM
I don't know where you get YOUR sales figures from, DEAR, but they are way off. I have read both books and I own them. Don't make a move too seen DEAREST.

DONT threaten me. Lets just agree to disagree dear.

mpn1jco
04-18-2017, 07:27 PM

Noone threatened you, HON.

RanRan79
04-18-2017, 07:27 PM
Would be nice if something like RanRan suggests could happen - a together project and the jogging of memories would be good. And face it, the market for all of this is declining. That is an issue Mary always faces - if she somehow doesn't get Diana into the conversation, no one is interested - which is what she was saying in 1986. But it is a much more relevant comment in 2017.

One day Luke made a comment on a thread about how Diana just blows Mary off. His wording was a little vague but I do agree that as Mary said, they went their separate ways 47 years ago and they live their own lives. Diana seems to be all about family and her concert career and seems to not want to make a comment about Mary if her life depended on it.

The market is sadly declining, but the options have expanded from previous years. One no longer has to publish books through top publishing firms and put money into mass marketing for maximum profit. If the two of these women were ever inclined to follow through on my suggestion, they could put this together while self publishing and offer it to the diehards via the internet, as well as their shows. I'll be honest, I'd prefer the book collab more than a musical reunion.

I actually think Mary has a better chance today of being relevant without Diana. Remember in the 80s Diana Ross was a huge superstar who was "relevant" to the general public. At the time of Mary's first book, her recent activity was pissing Motown off at Motown 25, and before that she was booted out of Motown label, and before that she dropped a flop album and single, and before that she endured 4-5 B group status years with the Supremes. No matter what Mary did she was always going to dance in Diana Ross' shadow. But today Mary has accomplished so much even outside of music and she's still an in demand performer, 58 years in the business. Diana Ross will always carry some relevance to the general public because she's a legend all on her own, but her name doesn't ring out like it did in the 80s, and thus Mary doesn't twirl around in her shadow as much. If anything as long as Mary can attach her name to the Supremes she'll always be interesting.

As for what Luke had to say, I don't really understand that comment so he'd have to explain it. When I think of someone blowing someone off, I just don't know of anything that has happened in forever where I would categorize Diana's actions that way. I think at the end of the day she just don't f*** with Mary like that, and that's her right. I would just like a Supreme moment for the two of them while there's still time.

PeaceNHarmony
04-18-2017, 07:29 PM

I was a DMC fan during their reign but at this point in time I'd have no interest in such a project. We know what Wilson thinks; she's told versions of the same stories for decades. You are absolutely correct about the contemporary Diana, and I add a point that I always think of, which is that Diana and Wilson worked together for a time nearly 50 years ago - does everyone need to stay in contact with co-workers from 50 years ago? On to Diana's latest sell-out smash! Hope you are able to attend!

PeaceNHarmony
04-18-2017, 07:32 PM

Hey Ms. Roberta - gotcha' back, lady! I'll never understand why the moderator here allows these 'fans to pollute the forum ...

PeaceNHarmony
04-18-2017, 07:35 PM
... of course in my brief time as a member/poster here I've long recognized that any positive mention of Diana Ross brings out the saddies. Oh well. Back to the subject - it seems that Diana is the most consistent Motown touring act to draw crowds. Lionel's tour could be reset and a big hit, Gladys and Martha do well, but I was sorry to see that even Smokey only half-filled a 2,000 seat theater in Florida - THAT population didn't know what they missed!

endlesslove
04-18-2017, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=PeaceNHarmony;381692]Hey Ms. Roberta

I wish you would stop calling names when people disagree with your opinion. The moderator needs to clean house... can't enjoy a discussion of different opinions without your games,

endlesslove
04-18-2017, 07:49 PM

Ouch!

Thanks. You always speak in facts to help me make a decision, but I cannot say I always agree with you.

RanRan79
04-18-2017, 07:50 PM
I add a point that I always think of, which is that Diana and Wilson worked together for a time nearly 50 years ago - does everyone need to stay in contact with co-workers from 50 years ago?

Let's be real, it's a little different than keeping up with your fellow burger pushers from McDonalds in the 1960s. The work these women did together is still very much a part of the world today and that's not easily forgotten, especially considering that the world is still so heavily populated by people who were coming of age at the time that Mary and Diana and Flo were hitting their Supreme peaks.

I want some resolution to their story, not only as a fan but as a lover of history. But if Diana truly feels that there's nothing in it for her to reunite with Mary in any specific way, I respect it. There are people who I am bonded to for various reasons that I'll never speak to or break bread with as long as either of us are drawing breath, due to whatever lines I feel that they've crossed. I can't institute a policy where I wouldn't "reunite" with certain people and then turn around and say Diana can't have the same policy. That's hypocritical.

PeaceNHarmony
04-18-2017, 08:09 PM
Back to basics: Diana Ross seems to have another smash hit run of shows to add to her resume.

jobeterob
04-19-2017, 03:18 AM
I guess it's endless love

PeaceNHarmony
04-19-2017, 07:12 AM
I guess it's endless love
:):o:D;) !

endlesslove
04-19-2017, 04:23 PM
I just checked the website and there are hundreds of tickets available for each and every show.

jobeterob
04-19-2017, 06:20 PM
... of course in my brief time as a member/poster here I've long recognized that any positive mention of Diana Ross brings out the saddies. Oh well. Back to the subject - it seems that Diana is the most consistent Motown touring act to draw crowds. Lionel's tour could be reset and a big hit, Gladys and Martha do well, but I was sorry to see that even Smokey only half-filled a 2,000 seat theater in Florida - THAT population didn't know what they missed!

I love that line - "all the saddies come out".

That's a good word for them.

endlesslove
04-20-2017, 02:25 AM
I love that line - "all the saddies come out".

That's a good word for them.
Why do you and PeacenHarmony call yourself saddies? I don't think you should call yourself names nor should you do that to other members.

mpn1jco
04-20-2017, 02:51 AM
The saddies are a small group of members who celebrate Ross' achievements old and new, hence when something positive about Ross is posted the 'saddies' come out. Many of Ross' ballads are sad - Missing You - After You - Sparkle - A Simple Thing Like Cry -etc. - so it is just a play on that. I like it - It has a nice ring to it.

jobeterob
04-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Saddies can't get over the fact that a skinny girl from the projects was a mass market success on Broadway, in the movies, on television, in concert, on record and in the process, some of the people present got left behind, didn't make as much or any money, aren't recognized publicly anymore and generally, didn't do as well. Jealousy, envy, you can always see behind their smiling faces that don't tell the truth.

A lot of people fall in that category. It's life. They can get over it or not, as they chose; and if they want to stay in the "saddie" category, it's all up to them.

marv2
04-20-2017, 03:13 PM
Saddies can't get over the fact that a skinny girl from the projects was a mass market success on Broadway, in the movies, on television, in concert, on record and in the process, some of the people present got left behind, didn't make as much or any money, aren't recognized publicly anymore and generally, didn't do as well. Jealousy, envy, you can always see behind their smiling faces that don't tell the truth.

A lot of people fall in that category. It's life. They can get over it or not, as they chose; and if they want to stay in the "saddie" category, it's all up to them.

I tried to tell Diane that when Whitney Houston came upon the scene.......but nope! She wouldn't listen.

jack020
04-21-2017, 05:35 AM
We all know what happened to her!

marv2
04-21-2017, 08:51 AM
We all know what happened to her!

The same thing that is going to happen to all of us!

PeaceNHarmony
04-21-2017, 11:15 AM
City Center is a glorious, Moorish revival historic theatre and will be a perfect setting for Diana!

vgalindo
04-21-2017, 12:15 PM
The same thing that is going to happen to all of us!
Not at that age. Diana Ross is 73 years old and still touring and selling out venues. Not to disrespect Whitney but Diana did not need to listen to anybody about Whitney!!

jobeterob
04-21-2017, 01:26 PM
Aha, some saddies have an acid tongue too! Perhaps eunuched by Diana somehow.

Looks like a great setting for what they are now calling a residency.

marv2
04-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Not at that age. Diana Ross is 73 years old and still touring and selling out venues. Not to disrespect Whitney but Diana did not need to listen to anybody about Whitney!!

You will not get extra points for age during the Judgement.

endlesslove
04-21-2017, 01:51 PM
I have great respect for Diana Ross. because she is a survivor. She has battled mental illness, drug addiction, and alcoholism. She lost it all - her superstardom, her recording career, her reputation, and her voice. She has fought her way through this and came back in a very small way. Every time she sings I Wlll Survive it brings tears...

marv2
04-21-2017, 01:54 PM
I have great respect for Diana Ross. because she is a survivor. She has battled mental illness, drug addiction, and alcoholism. She it all - her superstardom, her recording career, her reputation, and her voice. She has fought her way through this and came back in a very small way. Every time she sings I Wlll Survive it brings tears...

Kind of like art imitating life. You know like the movie Lady Sings the Blues. With Diana they never said what actually caused her to snap in the first place.

endlesslove
04-21-2017, 02:00 PM
Kind of like art imitating life. You know like the movie Lady Sings the Blues. With Diana they never said what actually caused her to snap in the first place.
I read that the RTL failure was a major factor in what caused the downward spiral that led her to seek treatment at a psychiatric unit of a hospital and inpatient substance abuse treatment. I heard that she couldn't get a recording contract and the offers in general stopped coming in. I don't understand why a failed tour was so devastating to her. Mariah Carey had a tour that was cancelled due to poor ticket sales and she just moved on. Diana accepted she is no longer a star anymore, those days are over, and just endlessly :oplays small venues. I checked the Billboard and even though she tours all the time she did not make the top 190 touring acts of 2016, I also read this at

http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thread/3/berry-gordy-created-monster?page=100

endlesslove
04-21-2017, 02:11 PM
http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thread/5/hdh-on-where-love?page=17

I was so shocked that she is not a top touring act with all the dates she plays!
[[http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thread/5/hdh-on-where-love?page=17)

marv2
04-21-2017, 02:56 PM
I read that the RTL failure was a major factor in what caused the downward spiral that led her to seek treatment at a psychiatric unit of a hospital and inpatient substance abuse treatment. I heard that she couldn't get a recording contract and the offers in general stopped coming in. I don't understand why a failed tour was so devastating to her. Mariah Carey had a tour that was cancelled due to poor ticket sales and she just moved on. Diana accepted she is no longer a star anymore, those days are over, and just endlessly :oplays small venues. I checked the Billboard and even though she tours all the time she did not make the top 190 touring acts of 2016, I also read this at

http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thread/3/berry-gordy-created-monster?page=100

It's a dog's life! LOL!!!!

vgalindo
04-21-2017, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=endlesslove;382068]I have great respect for Diana Ross. because she is a survivor. She has battled mental illness, drug addiction, and alcoholism. She lost it all
Wow you really do have a problem with Diana Ross. Does it really make you feel better to say these lies about her? When did she battle mental illness and drug addiction? She is still a superstar legend. And she still gets rave reviews for shows. People can not believe how good her voice still is. I have read many reviews on how good her voice is. And I have seen her recently and the whole audience was mesmerized by her voice. So stop the hate! Why do you call your self endlesslove after one of her biggest hits? You are too funny!

PeaceNHarmony
04-21-2017, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=endlesslove;382068]I have great respect for Diana Ross. because she is a survivor. She has battled mental illness, drug addiction, and alcoholism. She lost it all
Wow you really do have a problem with Diana Ross. Does it really make you feel better to say these lies about her? When did she battle mental illness and drug addiction? She is still a superstar legend. And she still gets rave reviews for shows. People can not believe how good her voice still is. I have read many reviews on how good her voice is. And I have seen her recently and the whole audience was mesmerized by her voice. So stop the hate! Why do you call your self endlesslove after one of her biggest hits? You are too funny!
As we all know, Diana was personally selected by President Obama to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest honor a citizen of the USA can be awarded. Makes 'ya wonder what our President Obama would think of anyone who would disrespect Ms. Ross, doesn't it?!

PeaceNHarmony
04-21-2017, 07:59 PM
... on a more positive note, Diana is following The Dance Theatre of Harlem, one of the arts groups that make City Center their home. How cool is that?

endlesslove
04-21-2017, 08:14 PM
Oh you read me wrong. I admire Diana Ross. When my sister was in drug treatment I took this article to inspire her. If Diana can beat drugs and alcohol so can you !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-118234/Diana-Ross-treated-alcohol-drug-addiction.html
Diana Ross is treated for alcohol and drug addiction

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-118234/Diana-Ross-treated-alcohol-drug-addiction.html#ixzz4evsOYbDn
Diana Ross is treated for alcohol and drug addiction.

Why do you pretend things that happened didn't happen. Lying is wrong. Chaka Khan is honest about her problems and so are others. Shame on you!

vgalindo
04-21-2017, 08:15 PM
It really is sad that there are these so called Supremes fans that hate the lead singer. That is really weird to me. They are so upset that back ground singe Mary Wilson never had a successful solo career so they hate on Diana Ross! I really do feel sorry for them. I guess it makes them feel better to put down and talk bad about Diana. But history does not take away her great solo career.

vgalindo
04-21-2017, 08:20 PM
These places are treatments for drugs and alcohol. She was treated for alcohol not drugs! And where Is her mental illness you claimed she had?

jobeterob
04-21-2017, 08:25 PM
These places are treatments for drugs and alcohol. She was treated for alcohol not drugs! And where Is her mental illness you claimed she had?

An inability to acknowledge him?!!

PeaceNHarmony
04-21-2017, 08:25 PM
It really is sad that there are these so called Supremes fans that hate the lead singer. That is really weird to me. They are so upset that back ground singe Mary Wilson never had a successful solo career so they hate on Diana Ross! I really do feel sorry for them. I guess it makes them feel better to put down and talk bad about Diana. But history does not take away her great solo career.
You hit the nail right on the head! Logically speaking, most of us simply ignore threads that pertain to subjects we are not interested in... but obviously logic does not pertain to the polluters here. It's regrettable that the moderator of the forum allows it to go on. ANYHOO - brava to Diana Ross for yet another career win. PS: The 'ignore' option here helps keep the polluters at bay.

endlesslove
04-21-2017, 08:27 PM

Now I understand. Certain haters act like fans to turn people off to Diana Ross. I just figured it out. You make everything a bad joke. When she plays a venue the size of a high school auditorium you say Diana Ross' sold out triumph to mock her.

Many people are inspired by Diana Ross beating drugs and alcohol and the haters want to take that away from her so just be quiet!

marv2
04-21-2017, 08:36 PM

Diana Ross was treated for drug addiction to painkillers.

endlesslove
04-21-2017, 08:50 PM

December she checked into a psychiatric ward at Century City Hospital in Los Angeles.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-118234/Diana-Ross-treated-alcohol-drug-addiction.html#ixzz4ew1rt1BM

endlesslove
04-21-2017, 08:51 PM
You hit the nail right on the head! Logically speaking, most of us simply ignore threads that pertain to subjects we are not interested in... but obviously logic does not pertain to the polluters here. It's regrettable that the moderator of the forum allows it to go on. ANYHOO - brava to Diana Ross for yet another career win. PS: The 'ignore' option here helps keep the polluters at bay.

Yes, please put certain individuals on ignore until they are banned! Why the moderator allows this behavior is beyond me.

mpn1jco
04-21-2017, 08:56 PM
Diana Ross was treated for drug addiction to painkillers.

It is well known and documented that Ross has battled addiction and mental health issues. It is 2017 not 1947 and the public does not judge someone for these issues anymore. Unfortunately, Ross has fans that do not care for mention of her problems.

mpn1jco
04-21-2017, 08:59 PM
http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thread/5/hdh-on-where-love?page=17

I was so shocked that she is not a top touring act with all the dates she plays!
[[http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thread/5/hdh-on-where-love?page=17)

Sadly Ross is no longer a top touring attraction and plays venues that would be considered beneath her standards in the past. However, some Ross is better than no Ross.

vgalindo
04-21-2017, 09:07 PM
Good advice. I will not entertain these haters any longer.

luke
04-21-2017, 09:16 PM
Most drug and alcohol treatment facilities also treat psychiatric issues

endlesslove
04-21-2017, 09:36 PM

I lurked in the forum because I could not deal with lunacy and games. Enjoy the forum by putting these people on ignore!

mpn1jco
04-22-2017, 11:21 AM
I lurked in the forum because I could not deal with lunacy and games. Enjoy the forum by putting these people on ignore!

Thanks. I never put so many ignore in one sitting before! I will not tolerate this unacceptable behavior any longer!

marv2
04-23-2017, 10:41 AM

Vgalindo, here it is courtesy of Endlesslove:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-118234/Diana-Ross-treated-alcohol-drug-addiction.html#ixzz4ew1rt1BM

Guy
04-23-2017, 11:38 AM
My God...

Ross must really be something special to get a bunch of old folks this riled up after 60 years in the business.

PeaceNHarmony
04-23-2017, 12:57 PM
My God...

Ross must really be something special to get a bunch of old folks this riled up after 60 years in the business.
Well that she certainly is! After all, President Obama awarded Diana with the Presidential Medal of Freedom!

PeaceNHarmony
04-23-2017, 01:00 PM

Good for you - a wise decision. This forum becomes so much more interesting without their input.

Roberta75
04-23-2017, 01:05 PM
My God...

Lololololol isnt that the truth. Those old folks you talk about swim in a sewer of negativitty. Sad, real real sad.

have a blessed and beautiful Sunday.

Roberta

PeaceNHarmony
04-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Lololololol isnt that the truth. Those old folks you talk about swim in a sewer of negativitty. Sad, real real sad.

have a blessed and beautiful Sunday.

Roberta

Always good to see you posting, Ms. Roberta, and I hope you to have a wonderful day

Roberta75
04-23-2017, 02:25 PM
Always good to see you posting, Ms. Roberta, and I hope you to have a wonderful day

ThNk you my dear for your real kind words.

Fondly,

Roberta

vgalindo
04-23-2017, 03:28 PM

Fondly,

Roberta

I agree with PeaceNHarmony, Roberta always good to see and read your posts. Have a beautiful blessed day.

Circa 1824
04-23-2017, 03:29 PM
Maybe it is just me, but when I go to a post, I hope to read about the post topic, not complimenting or degrading another poster.

marv2
04-23-2017, 04:30 PM
... on a more positive note, Diana is following The Dance Theatre of Harlem, one of the arts groups that make City Center their home. How cool is that?

I met Alvin Ailey back in 1986 before he died of AIDS. My girlfriend and I were down by the Minskoff Theater and he was going on his lunch break. Nice man.

marv2
04-23-2017, 04:35 PM

No one is lying on Diana Ross. Here is an article detailing her mental illness and problems with drugs and alcohol. Her kids had to put her in these places. I know for you it may take 5 articles or such to believe it, but you can start here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-118234/Diana-Ross-treated-alcohol-drug-addiction.html#ixzz4ew1rt1BM

endlesslove
04-23-2017, 04:39 PM
When people lie about the numbers it makes people think the show is sold out when it isn't and then it is guarantees people won't support the show because they think it is sold out. Satan wears a red dress!. Hi Bluebrock and PeaceandHarmony!

marv2
04-23-2017, 04:42 PM
It was pretty bad Vgalino:

DIANA ROSS TURNS TO RICHARD PRYOR TO HELP HER BEAT DRUGS

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/diana-ross-turns-richard-pryor-help-her-beat-drugs/

marv2
04-23-2017, 04:43 PM
When people lie about the numbers it makes people think the show is sold out when it isn't and then it is guarantees people won't support the show because they think it is sold out. Satan wears a red dress!. Hi Bluebrock and PeaceandHarmony!

Satan also tells the truth.........with a lie!

endlesslove
04-23-2017, 04:48 PM

Fondly,

Roberta

I disagree

marv2
04-23-2017, 05:24 PM
When it was time for Bluebrock to produce you kept making excuses after excuses. The blood of Christ stopped him I suppose. I can deal with fraud but using the LORD'S name in vain I cannot. You are the lowest form of scum of that crawls this earth. If this gets me banned then I AM PROUD!

He really should not take the Lord's name in vain, even if he is not a true believer. It is insulting to true Christians just as making fun of Muhammad - Prophet of Islam insulting to the followers of Islam.

PeaceNHarmony
04-23-2017, 05:51 PM
I also find it most unfortunate that a forum dedicated to soul music, an American art form created by the country's Black population, would allow posters to be disrespectful of Black women.

marv2
04-23-2017, 06:24 PM
I also find it most unfortunate that a forum dedicated to soul music, an American art form created by the country's Black population, would allow posters to be disrespectful of Black women.

I am Black PeaceNHarmony and have been so since birth!

Roberta75
04-23-2017, 07:24 PM
When it was time for Bluebrock to produce you kept making excuses after excuses. The blood of Christ stopped him I suppose. I can deal with fraud but using the LORD'S name in vain I cannot. You are the lowest form of scum of that crawls this earth. If this gets me banned then I AM PROUD!

You leave Bluebrock alone hes a real respected member of the s here forum and you are nothing but trouble. To get you banned would mean I care about you but I dont. Now crawl back into the serpents pit where you belong.

""Do not be angry, my lord," Aaron answered. "You know how prone these people are to evil.""
Exodus 32:22

PeaceNHarmony
04-23-2017, 07:31 PM
You leave Bluebrock alone hes a real respected member of the s here forum and you are nothing but trouble. To get you banned would mean I care about you but I dont. Now crawl back into the serpents pit where you belong.

""Do not be angry, my lord," Aaron answered. "You know how prone these people are to evil.""

Great one, Ms. Roberta. Perfect retort. Who in charge here allows posters to call women names? And repeating my prior quote, who dare insult Black women on a forum dedicated to soul music? From here on, add them to your ignore list. And remember that you are honored and valued by most of us here!

Roberta75
04-23-2017, 07:43 PM
Great one, Ms. Roberta. Perfect retort. Who in charge here allows posters to call women names? And repeating my prior quote, who dare insult Black women on a forum dedicated to soul music? From here on, add them to your ignore list. And remember that you are honored and valued by most of us here!

Thank you my dear. Ignore list updated.

yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Nitro2015
04-23-2017, 09:53 PM
I'm always impressed with the extreme and useless hostility by north american Supremes's fans towards Diana Ross.

I think it's sad and disgusting.

It doesn't really matter if she is or not a top grossing touring performer nowdays. This is not important. She already left her mark in the music industry and enlighted millions of people's lives with her music and her voice. Diana Ross changed the music industry.

The biggest names of pop music always mentions her name - Diana Ross - as their inspiration, from Michael Jackson to Beyoncé. No amount of hating can change that.

She does not need the money and is not interested in selling herself for publicity, so she maintains a low profile career. She is a 73 years old lady.

She raised a beautiful family and had a very well lived life, and still found time to build a tremendous career, something coward and anonymous haters in the internet can only dream of. And if at a extremely brief period she struggled with depression and addiction, she got over it and started over. It's not a character flaw to be vulnerable or to have personal problems. Actually, I think this period was probably one of the most important and richest ones in her life... J. Randy Taraborelli speaks beautifully about this phase in her life in the most recent biography he wrote about her. It was the time when she got fully aware of the superficiality and efemerity of the music business and how it can damage one's performer soul and spirit.

People should respect our icons and have the maturity to engage in adult conversations.

I think it's ironic some people who clearly don't like her but can't help themselves and continues to talk about her all the time. Go seek a psychologyst and stop hating...

When I first came into this forum, I thought it would be a healthy place to discuss Diana and other Motown stuff. I was deeply mistaken.

DJMoch
04-23-2017, 10:58 PM
Honestly, "impressed" isn't the word I'd use. Seeing this stuff *depresses* the hell out of me.

vgalindo
04-23-2017, 11:29 PM
Thank you Nitro2015. Beautifully said!

endlesslove
04-23-2017, 11:51 PM
http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thread/18/coming-street-corner-near?page=4

Roberta when is Bluebrock's book going to be published?

endlesslove
04-23-2017, 11:53 PM
http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thread/18/coming-street-corner-near?page=4[URL]http://Diana

Roberta when is Bluebrock's book going to be published?

endlesslove
04-24-2017, 12:08 AM

Robert I don't think you belong in a serpent's pit and I don't think you should say you belong there, but if you continue to make a mockery of religion you may find yourself there. Your posts depress the hell out of me.

http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thread/8/workin-overtime?page=19

endlesslove
04-24-2017, 12:11 AM

I am a black woman. Please do not exploit black women to suit your purposes. Thanks in advance.

I have updated my ignore list!

http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thread/18/coming-street-corner-near

mpn1jco
04-24-2017, 12:21 AM

Robert please stop making a mockery of the Christian religion. I find your posts offensive and downright wrong. We can fight all day and night about Ross but abusing the Christian religion is just evil. Stick to Ross.

mpn1jco
04-24-2017, 12:22 AM

Don't go there. What you are doing is wrong, very wrong. I am a black male. Stop it!

mpn1jco
04-24-2017, 12:32 AM
[QUOTE=vgalindo;382119]

No one is lying on Diana Ross. Here is an article detailing her mental illness and problems with drugs and alcohol. Her kids had to put her in these places. I know for you it may take 5 articles or such to believe it, but you can start here:

Thanks. You can always be counted on for clarity and intelligence and maturity. This forum needs more people like you!

marv2
04-24-2017, 12:32 AM
Robert please stop making a mockery of the Christian religion. I find your posts offensive and downright wrong. We can fight all day and night about Ross but abusing the Christian religion is just evil. Stick to Ross.

He also assumes that every member of this forum practices Christianity.

mpn1jco
04-24-2017, 12:38 AM
He also assumes that every member of this forum practices Christianity.
His posts are pure evil plain and simple. O.K., we fight about who should have sang lead on Baby Love and Where Did Our Love Go, but to take God's name in vain and subject it to ridicule is a line I would never cross.

PeaceNHarmony
04-24-2017, 05:44 AM
Tonight's the night! Opening night of Diana Ross' 5-day engagement at New York City Center Theatre!

PeaceNHarmony
04-24-2017, 06:58 AM
I'm always impressed with the extreme and useless hostility by north american Supremes's fans towards Diana Ross.

I think it's sad and disgusting.

It doesn't really matter if she is or not a top grossing touring performer nowdays. This is not important. She already left her mark in the music industry and enlighted millions of people's lives with her music and her voice. Diana Ross changed the music industry.

The biggest names of pop music always mentions her name - Diana Ross - as their inspiration, from Michael Jackson to Beyoncé. No amount of hating can change that.

She does not need the money and is not interested in selling herself for publicity, so she maintains a low profile career. She is a 73 years old lady.

She raised a beautiful family and had a very well lived life, and still found time to build a tremendous career, something coward and anonymous haters in the internet can only dream of. And if at a extremely brief period she struggled with depression and addiction, she got over it and started over. It's not a character flaw to be vulnerable or to have personal problems. Actually, I think this period was probably one of the most important and richest ones in her life... J. Randy Taraborelli speaks beautifully about this phase in her life in the most recent biography he wrote about her. It was the time when she got fully aware of the superficiality and efemerity of the music business and how it can damage one's performer soul and spirit.

People should respect our icons and have the maturity to engage in adult conversations.

I think it's ironic some people who clearly don't like her but can't help themselves and continues to talk about her all the time. Go seek a psychologyst and stop hating...

When I first came into this forum, I thought it would be a healthy place to discuss Diana and other Motown stuff. I was deeply mistaken.
This is still largely a healthy place to discuss Diana and other Motown music, so I encourage you to not abandon ship; just see what posters you find abusive and add them to your 'ignore' list; that helps considerably. I personally look forward to your posts and opinions.

ralpht
04-24-2017, 10:30 AM
Okay, normally I would delete this thread, but I'm going to leave this up for a while so some of you can reflect on your bullshit behavior. Perhaps read Nitro2015's post for a peek at sanity. Those of you that like to roil the waters here take note. You're on thin ice with me. I really don't like banning members, but I've done it before.

DJMoch
04-24-2017, 12:57 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with Nitro's eloquent words. I find a lot of what's been discussed in this thread as utterly disturbing and sordid. And has no place on these boards.

PeaceNHarmony
04-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Diana's engagement at City Center starts tonight! I'll be on the lookout for reviews, YT posts, etc. and post what I find. I saw Aretha at City Center during the 'United Together' era and loved the theatre; it will be great for Diana and her fans -

Roberta75
04-24-2017, 02:33 PM
Okay, normally I would delete this thread, but I'm going to leave this up for a while so some of you can reflect on your bullshit behavior. Perhaps read Nitro2015's post for a peek at sanity. Those of you that like to roil the waters here take note. You're on thin ice with me. I really don't like banning members, but I've done it before.

Thank you dear Ralph.

TheMotownManiac
04-24-2017, 03:45 PM
I love this forum, and just look past the posts that I'm not interested in. I don't care who bickers or why, it's a forum that provides a lot of great info and I'm grateful for it, warts and all. I think those who wish to discuss Diana's issues, if they engage, is pertinent to them, so I just skip it and don't judge. I've learned a lot here and always appreciate it.

I've met/known/befriended every living Supreme except Diana, and all have been nice and kind. Most of my interactions have been with Mary & Cindy, and both are the first to admit that they are not perfect, just like everyone else. Both have regrets. Both have many, many warm memories - they are just people like you and me. Of course, Cindy no longer communicates, but Mary is quite free with her thoughts and thinks the haters of any Supreme online are nuts. LOL

PeaceNHarmony
04-24-2017, 04:13 PM
I love this forum, and just look past the posts that I'm not interested in. I don't care who bickers or why, it's a forum that provides a lot of great info and I'm grateful for it, warts and all. I think those who wish to discuss Diana's issues, if they engage, is pertinent to them, so I just skip it and don't judge. I've learned a lot here and always appreciate it.

I've met/known/befriended every living Supreme except Diana, and all have been nice and kind. Most of my interactions have been with Mary & Cindy, and both are the first to admit that they are not perfect, just like everyone else. Both have regrets. Both have many, many warm memories - they are just people like you and me. Of course, Cindy no longer communicates, but Mary is quite free with her thoughts and thinks the haters of any Supreme online are nuts. LOL
I've heard that about Mary. I hope Cindy is being cared for; she is in my thoughts. Best to you and congratulations on your 'Supreme relationships' !

dba
04-24-2017, 04:19 PM
Thanks Ralph for again stating civility is what this forum is all about. I haven't posted in a while but with A Go Go coming out and this 5 night engagement in my city [[ I will attending Wednesday night) I wanted to rejoin some of the music-centric posters on SDF to share Motown related news. I will simply ignore the crazy posters and stick to the music.

DJMoch
04-24-2017, 04:44 PM
I've met/known/befriended every living Supreme except Diana, and all have been nice and kind.

I really envy you, my friend. I would have loved to have been lucky enough to meet any of them. They look like wonderful women and should be proud of the accomplishments they have made to the world of popular music and glamour and everything else.

ralpht
04-24-2017, 05:52 PM
Good to see you dba. I keep trying to keep the house clean.

dba
04-24-2017, 06:18 PM
Thanks Ralph!

PeaceNHarmony
04-24-2017, 08:00 PM
Thanks Ralph for again stating civility is what this forum is all about. I haven't posted in a while but with A Go Go coming out and this 5 night engagement in my city [[ I will attending Wednesday night) I wanted to rejoin some of the music-centric posters on SDF to share Motown related news. I will simply ignore the crazy posters and stick to the music.

Be SURE to let us know about the show!

RanRan79
04-24-2017, 09:08 PM
I love the forum and encourage Mr. Ralph to keep it going. If there is any other forum on the net that is this great about Motown, I know nothing of it. As I said in another thread, we can't control other people, only ourselves, so it's good to use the good sense God gave us and avoid certain traps. I allowed myself to be sucked into two RTL discussions that my good sense knew would end up the way that they did. I'll try not to make that mistake any longer. The problem is that, while everyone who joins the group certainly has a right to post in any thread they wish, one has to question how a thread titled "Diana Ross NYC Engagement Nearly Sold Out" would even attract someone who claims they don't care for Diana Ross. So what happens is that those of us who wish to talk Diana and whatever goodness she is up to these days now has to be bombarded by this very strange contingent who suddenly appear to take the thread into a nasty direction. And it's not just the anti Diana crowd. I see Diana Ross' name invoked in threads about other Motown ladies, usually as an unfavorable comparison in favor of Ross rather the other Motown lady, in what I view as an attempt to derail the thread into another Ross fight. So with these two different groups invading threads, a "safe" thread really is no longer an option. But like I said, I can only control myself. I'll move on to something else when the psychos enter the room so as not to become part of the problem.

ralpht
04-24-2017, 09:13 PM
I'll do what I can to keep the psychos at bay RanRan.

RanRan79
04-24-2017, 11:10 PM
I'll do what I can to keep the psychos at bay RanRan.

I appreciate that Mr. Ralph. Thank you.

vgalindo
04-24-2017, 11:12 PM
I love the forum and encourage Mr. Ralph to keep it going. If there is any other forum on the net that is this great about Motown, I know nothing of it. As I said in another thread, we can't control other people, only ourselves, so it's good to use the good sense God gave us and avoid certain traps. I allowed myself to be sucked into two RTL discussions that my good sense knew would end up the way that they did. I'll try not to make that mistake any longer. The problem is that, while everyone who joins the group certainly has a right to post in any thread they wish, one has to question how a thread titled "Diana Ross NYC Engagement Nearly Sold Out" would even attract someone who claims they don't care for Diana Ross. So what happens is that those of us who wish to talk Diana and whatever goodness she is up to these days now has to be bombarded by this very strange contingent who suddenly appear to take the thread into a nasty direction. And it's not just the anti Diana crowd. I see Diana Ross' name invoked in threads about other Motown ladies, usually as an unfavorable comparison in favor of Ross rather the other Motown lady, in what I view as an attempt to derail the thread into another Ross fight. So with these two different groups invading threads, a "safe" thread really is no longer an option. But like I said, I can only control myself. I'll move on to something else when the psychos enter the room so as not to become part of the problem.

Thank you RanRan79. I agree with everything you said. And I will follow your advice. I also truly enjoy this forum and would never want it to end. I usually try not to get involved either but sometimes I get drawn in.

RanRan79
04-25-2017, 10:58 AM
Thank you RanRan79. I agree with everything you said. And I will follow your advice. I also truly enjoy this forum and would never want it to end. I usually try not to get involved either but sometimes I get drawn in.

I hope we're both able to stick to it Vgalindo. Sometimes it's hard not being drawn in but it's best not to give anyone that kind of power.

PeaceNHarmony
04-25-2017, 03:49 PM
... so move on over to JRob's post 'Diana Ross in New York' for a rave Rave RAVE review of the opening night show!

dba
04-26-2017, 11:49 AM
For those of you that are in NYC and haven't bought a ticket yet, there are about 30 seats left for tonite's performance. Great word of mouth on the show. Can't wait to see it tonight!!!

PeaceNHarmony
04-26-2017, 03:16 PM
For those of you that are in NYC and haven't bought a ticket yet, there are about 30 seats left for tonite's performance. Great word of mouth on the show. Can't wait to see it tonight!!!
Cool - have a great time!

PeaceNHarmony
04-27-2017, 06:09 PM
It's official - the first three nights were completely sold out!

Nitro2015
04-28-2017, 11:32 AM
It's official - the first three nights were completely sold out!

So heartwarming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=775PANGCds4

PeaceNHarmony
04-28-2017, 11:37 AM
So heartwarming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=775PANGCds4

Absolutely - the genuine love for Diana and the joy per performances spread is, as you say, heartwarming! A talent for the ages, Our Miss Ross is.

RanRan79
04-28-2017, 02:54 PM
The Supremes were hot stuff back in the day and they are still hot stuff, together and apart. It's so great to know that some of the legends of Motown are still doing it as well as they are and that they are being as well received as they are. And the love for Diana Ross in this clip is the result of decades of music magic. The woman is phenomenal.

PeaceNHarmony
04-28-2017, 03:10 PM
It is indeed sad and weird. I've managed to bypass their comments by adding them to my 'ignore' list. Anyhoo - and a great [[indeed, historic!) career Diana Ross has and continues to have, as currently proven by the excitement over the release of the 'A' Go-Go' album and the sellout crowds at Manhattan's City Center!

PeaceNHarmony
04-29-2017, 10:00 AM
According to City Center's website there are 3 [[as in: THREE!) balcony tickets left for this last night of Diana's phenomenal hit run at NY's historic City Center; reseller StubHub has 12 tickets ranging in price from $299 to $699. This gig has been a wonderful experience for nearly 12,000 fans and yet another feather in Miss Ross' boa!

jobeterob
04-29-2017, 11:03 PM
There was a huge Billboard ad in 1976 saying New York Loves Diana!

41 years later it is still true

Nitro2015
05-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Diana Ross looking fit and GORGEOUS. You can tell she lost a lot of weight. I'm happy she's taking good care of herself. This hair reminds me of her 1994 Forever Diana Tour.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4462434/Diana-Ross-performs-family-New-York-concert.html

PeaceNHarmony
05-01-2017, 04:15 PM
Wow wow wow ... These pics are crazy gorgeous, and Diana has indeed slimmed down again. What a glorious, beautiful, joy-giving woman! And the voice is still superb.

Nitro2015
05-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Wow wow wow ... These pics are crazy gorgeous, and Diana has indeed slimmed down again. What a glorious, beautiful, joy-giving woman! And the voice is still superb.

Yes!! It's amazing how much she rejuvenates when she loses weight. That exuberant beauty is still there. When I saw these photos, it seemed like I was seeing Diana from 1994 or 2004 [[when she was super slim) again !!! I was stunned.

It's funny how weight can change a person's appearance. The beauty of Diana comes all over when she slims, it makes a drastic difference.

But, more important than that, it is a pleasure to see her happy, healthy and in good vocal form.

vgalindo
05-01-2017, 05:10 PM
Wow she looks amazing. She is so beautiful. Forever Diana!