PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson "speech"

test

detmotownguy
04-17-2017, 09:33 AM
Not sure if this has been posted before. Really like Mary's energy level.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dw3oFVJ5us

marv2
04-17-2017, 12:37 PM
Although I enjoyed her speech here, it feels a bit rushed as if she were on a time limit or something. Mary is very articulate.

luke
04-17-2017, 01:01 PM
Did they have a bunch of speakers?

marv2
04-17-2017, 01:10 PM
Did they have a bunch of speakers?

I am not sure. These seems like it could have been a part of some sort of series of famous speakers.

luke
04-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Had to be. She only had "ten minutes"

detmotownguy
04-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Although I enjoyed her speech here, it feels a bit rushed as if she were on a time limit or something. Mary is very articulate.
I have no idea where she gets her enthusiasm. She is certainly intrinsically motivated toward her craft and that's what makes her real.

Circa 1824
04-17-2017, 08:25 PM
IMHO, she was DRUNK or HIGH on drugs. It was a very crazy manic 10 minutes with the audience laughing, I think, at her expense.

Ozmo
04-18-2017, 02:07 AM
It seems like Mary only had a few minutes onstage, but she used them well with her fast paced and lighthearted account of 'the life and times of the Supremes'. She knows how to entertain an audience and had them [[and me too) laughing along with some of her anecodates. She also looked pretty darn good too!

DJMoch
04-18-2017, 10:46 AM
IMHO, she was DRUNK or HIGH on drugs. It was a very crazy manic 10 minutes with the audience laughing, I think, at her expense.

Honestly, is that necessary?

RanRan79
04-18-2017, 01:24 PM
Some of the jokes were a little corny and the chronology was a little off for some stuff, but that's to be expected with someone of Mary's age. As usual she was captivating. I love the stories but wish she and Diana would tell more of the never before heard anecdotes instead of the same stories over and over again.

TheMotownManiac
04-18-2017, 02:34 PM
I am friends with Mary and I can assure you that, while she clearly loves all forms of fermented grape, she is not under the influence of anything in this clip. Mary is very animated when "on" and was probably manic because she had so little time and wasn't really prepared to speak to time. I thought she was fine except I hate her references to money - it's classless and beneath a great star like her. She's just trying to be real - because she is - but this, IMO, is ill-advised.

Roberta75
04-18-2017, 07:36 PM

Thats totally uncalled for.