PDA

View Full Version : T-Minus 14 days. I can't A-Wait Wait

test

thanxal
04-14-2017, 01:45 PM
More to distract from two awful threads on RTL, I post this to remind everyone that in exactly 2 weeks, we shall be cranking our stereos listening to the first clear and crisp MONO version of A Go Go on CD, evah!

I also can't wait to hear the new LILAIIMH mixes and crisp stereo versions as well

144man
04-14-2017, 02:09 PM
Any news on official UK release date?

thanxal
04-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Back up to $25.64 on US Amazon and #74 in CDs & Vinyl > R&B
Edit: It would be sooo cool to get this to #1 on R&B.

danman869
04-15-2017, 01:33 AM
My pre-order got down to $23.19 for each set before it jumped back up to $25.64. Thankfully, I'm now paying $23.19 per set because of the Amazon Pre-Order Price Drop Guarantee. YAY! Can't wait for this release!

Methuselah2
04-15-2017, 06:39 AM
More to distract from two awful threads on RTL, . . .

Thanxal - I find it interesting that the only way you were able to start your thread here was to express your distain for some other threads. Thanks for providing your awful example of what's so awful about the Forum. I'm hoping that we can somehow set you up as a clearinghouse for all new threads before they go into print.

johnny_raven
04-15-2017, 11:54 AM
Back up to $25.64 on US Amazon and #74 in CDs & Vinyl > R&B
Edit: It would be sooo cool to get this to #1 on R&B.

It's now at #36!

thanxal
04-15-2017, 08:27 PM
I'm hoping that we can somehow set you up as a clearinghouse for all new threads before they go into print.
Sure I'd be happy to do it. the RTL threads are ugly and unpleasant.

thanxal
04-15-2017, 08:32 PM
It's now at #36!
Wow. That was quick! All the way to the top!

Methuselah2
04-15-2017, 11:24 PM

That's exactly how you began this thread--ugly and unpleasant. Now here's an idea for you: Why not skip over a thread that doesn't appeal to you by its subject line? It could work--although it didn't work for this thread of your own and its opening remark. Why not let members who want to discuss something discuss it without the random potshot that you found necessary to make? Unless it was just impossible to refrain from doing so. You might find out that every thought that crosses your mind doesn't have to be expressed. Or expressed at the wrong time. Or in the wrong manner. Next time you start a thread, try starting out by keeping to the subject. It can only help. Let your hidden agenda remain just that--hidden. This thread of yours began with a mistake in personal judgement. Why not accept that and learn from it?

thanxal
04-16-2017, 07:48 AM
That's exactly how you began this thread--ugly and unpleasant. Now here's an idea for you: Why not skip over a thread that doesn't appeal to you by its subject line? It could work--although it didn't work for this thread of your own and its opening remark. Why not let members who want to discuss something discuss it without the random potshot that you found necessary to make? Unless it was just impossible to refrain from doing so. You might find out that every thought that crosses your mind doesn't have to be expressed. Or expressed at the wrong time. Or in the wrong manner. Next time you start a thread, try starting out by keeping to the subject. It can only help. Let your hidden agenda remain just that--hidden. This thread of yours began with a mistake in personal judgement. Why not accept that and learn from it?
Absolutely not. There is a small group of people who love to impose themselves on otherwise normal discussions to throw their particular brand of slime at each other by dragging Motown artists' names through the mud. I find it quite fascinating that you've decided to weigh in on my slight remark of revulsion than some of the ugliness that regularly gets threads deleted. I could also ask you the same question.
Why not let members who want to discuss something discuss it without the random potshot that you found necessary to make?. I never said members dont' have a right to post what they want, but that same right extends to me to call out their ugly and unpleasant behavoir. Calling threads "awful" isn't even close to what is being said about Mary and Diana in those threads. Its also not calling out specific contributors, which at least one person did to Roberta75 in one of those posts. I standby my original statement - those threads are awful.

honest man
04-16-2017, 08:12 AM
Absolutely not. There is a small group of people who love to impose themselves on otherwise normal discussions to throw their particular brand of slime at each other by dragging Motown artists' names through the mud. I find it quite fascinating that you've decided to weigh in on my slight remark of revulsion than some of the ugliness that regularly gets threads deleted. I could also ask you the same question. . I never said members dont' have a right to post what they want, but that same right extends to me to call out their ugly and unpleasant behavoir. Calling threads "awful" isn't even close to what is being said about Mary and Diana in those threads. Its also not calling out specific contributors, which at least one person did to Roberta75 in one of those posts. I standby my original statement - those threads are awful. All you need to do is grow a pair and stand up to the no marks who try to rewrite DRATS legacy fight fire with fire and all that crap.

daviddh
04-16-2017, 08:42 AM
i am so looking forward to Go Go.....I will be listening to cd 2 first. I also cant wait to hear the new LIAIIMH , my all time fav supremes song

thanxal
04-16-2017, 08:59 AM
i am so looking forward to Go Go.....I will be listening to cd 2 first. I also cant wait to hear the new LIAIIMH , my all time fav supremes song
mine too. I am super eager to hear those two remixes

detmotownguy
04-16-2017, 10:41 AM
Itchin is in my top 5 Sups 1961-1977. Will get it just for that. I wonder if they performed it live much? Love the rock edge to it.

Methuselah2
04-16-2017, 11:26 AM
Thaxal - I'm not taking issue with your opinion. You certainly have a right to it and to express it. The rub this time, however, is that you chose to start a new thread about the forthcoming expanded A' GO-GO release but began it with a swipe at recent RTL threads. There was no reason to do that given the thread's subject matter. But it was a chance to throw another black eye at another thread and the Forum members partaking in it. It was a comment completely unnecessary and unwelcome, especially since there were two others threads available where it could have more appropriately and expectedly landed.

thanxal
04-16-2017, 11:45 AM
Thaxal - I'm not taking issue with your opinion. You certainly have a right to it and to express it. The rub this time, however, is that you chose to start a new thread about the forthcoming expanded A' GO-GO release but began it with a swipe at recent RTL threads. There was no reason to do that given the thread's subject matter. But it was a chance to throw another black eye at another thread and the Forum members partaking in it. It was a comment completely unnecessary and unwelcome, especially since there were two others threads available where it could have more appropriately and expectedly landed.
Fair enough. We'll agree to disagree. I do appreciate the respectful exchange, however.

dickiemint
04-16-2017, 12:11 PM
Not sure if the Supremes performed it as part of their live show but Diana had it in her set for a while as part of a medley from the 80's on wards

daviddh
04-16-2017, 05:31 PM
it seems some songs seem to stay in the act longer than others, and as a result some songs sold better as a result.
to my knowledge they performed it on Ed Sullivan once and maybe in their live shows briefly , funny how songs got dropped....My World Is Empty...Heartaches, back in my arms ...while other stayed

RanRan79
04-17-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm excited about this release, although a bit disappointed that there isn't an altogether new song to be included. I'm not a big fan of "Itchin" but I'm looking forward to hearing this very first version. I have only had the stereo version of the album, so as I understand that the mono version contains some differences, I'm excited about finally getting to hear them. I believe I read that "Baby I Need Your Loving" are different on the two versions, and as it is one of my absolute favorite covers that the group ever did, I'm excited about getting to hear the mono version.

RanRan79
04-17-2017, 03:28 PM
it seems some songs seem to stay in the act longer than others, and as a result some songs sold better as a result.
to my knowledge they performed it on Ed Sullivan once and maybe in their live shows briefly , funny how songs got dropped....My World Is Empty...Heartaches, back in my arms ...while other stayed

"My World Is Empty" stayed in the act forever as part of the usual medley. But I've always wondered why some songs stuck around while others disappeared. "Heartaches" is kind of a no brainer considering that, from Motown's perspective, it was a flop. But I can't seem to place "Where Did Our Love Go" in the show past the Copa 65 gig. Does anyone know if the Supremes ever performed it in their live act or on television after the Copa 65? [[I know that it was part of a medley during the 70s.)

masterblaster
04-17-2017, 04:33 PM

I feel awful for starting the thread but I was merely asking if the full concert had ever been aired. How the thread can then descend into such degrading levels is beyond me.
I really don't want to continue as a member of this forum if this is how an innocent question can end up causing such upset to members.

thanxal
04-17-2017, 04:37 PM
I feel awful for starting the thread but I was merely asking if the full concert had ever been aired. How the thread can then descend into such degrading levels is beyond me.
I really don't want to continue as a member of this forum if this is how an innocent question can end up causing such upset to members.
Masterblaster. It is not your fault at all. You need to know there is a small cabal on this forum who repeatedly use innocent threads like yours to spread their slime. Some of them do this because they have burning hatred of Diana Ross, while others seem to delight in trashing Mary Wilson as some sort of odd retaliation at Ross detractors. They are a small group and why they continuously get away with doing this is beyond me. What I do know is that many people who used to post here no longer visit, which is a shame. Others let themselves get caught up in the slime-fests and got banned. I try my best to stay out of them, but they often get elevated to a point where some shaming is necessary. It is sad that on a forum devoted to preserving the memory of Motown such behavior exists, but this is the internet and that's what we have to deal with if we want any information on Motown. Don't let it get to you. Enjoy the music and the good threads. Ignore the troublemakers. You'll very quickly find out for yourself who they are.