PDA

View Full Version : Temptations: 'Five Classic Albums' release

test

PeaceNHarmony
04-14-2017, 09:12 AM
Dusty Groove has this item added to their first page; I have not looked up to see if it is a 'new' release. These 'Five Classic Albums' are bare-bones editions but at a nice entry-level price. A great way to fill out our collections!

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/834295

mysterysinger
04-14-2017, 10:43 AM
If you click on the link below you can see what you get with this release. The 5 classic albums series from Spectrum UK are excellent value. There's also a Jackson 5 set and a Motown Chartbusters set. That said, the Dusty Groove price seems steep - HMV [[UK) sell it for £9.99 which is approx $12.51

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cookephotography/albums/72157682322604345

PeaceNHarmony
04-14-2017, 10:47 AM
If you click on the link below you can see what you get with this release. The 5 classic albums series from Spectrum UK are excellent value. There's also a Jackson 5 set and a Motown Chartbusters set.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cookephotography/albums/72157682322604345
Great visualization; thanks!

mysterysinger
04-14-2017, 10:58 AM
the three so far - and I can't wait for the next set [[wonder what it will be?).12798

lockhartgary
04-14-2017, 04:52 PM
I checked out the link and saw a cd I'd never expected to see: Impact. Impact, of course, featured Damon Harris. There's another group member who reminds me of David Ruffin.

TomatoTom123
04-14-2017, 08:19 PM
I checked out the link and saw a cd I'd never expected to see: Impact. Impact, of course, featured Damon Harris. There's another group member who reminds me of David Ruffin.

Gary, I must thank you for mentioning that because it has set me off on an Impact-listening spree! I can't believe I hadn't checked out Damon Harris' pre and post-Temptations work before. He's such a great singer, and Impact are such a great group! Also, I believe the guy who looks and sounds like David Ruffin is Donald Tilghman.

[[When I read that they had a singer that sang like David Ruffin I rushed to see what he sounded like, and, well, David is still unparalleled! Donald is nevertheless a great singer, of course ;))

lockhartgary
04-14-2017, 09:45 PM
Gary, I must thank you for mentioning that because it has set me off on an Impact-listening spree! I can't believe I hadn't checked out Damon Harris' pre and post-Temptations work before. He's such a great singer, and Impact are such a great group! Also, I believe the guy who looks and sounds like David Ruffin is Donald Tilghman.

[[When I read that they had a singer that sang like David Ruffin I rushed to see what he sounded like, and, well, David is still unparalleled! Donald is nevertheless a great singer, of course ;))

When I mentioned a member of the group reminded me of David Ruffin, I was referring to his look, specifically his hairstyle and glasses.

By the way, the Young Vandals stuff is on YouTube.

daviddesper
04-14-2017, 11:59 PM
Had not heard of this release. I know the concept and have the 5 CD sets by Dionne, Margie Joseph, Bette Midler, Shirley Bassey, and a number of others, but I did not know any Motown artists had received this treatment. As much a fan of the Temps as I have always been, I only have greatest hits collections by them, so I am hoping that they had some album tracks I will like. Thanks also for the price comparison idea as opposed to just buying it from Dusty Groove.

TomatoTom123
04-15-2017, 01:07 PM
When I mentioned a member of the group reminded me of David Ruffin, I was referring to his look, specifically his hairstyle and glasses.

By the way, the Young Vandals stuff is on YouTube.

Yea, he does look quite like him. And yeah, I checked out the group's songs before they became Impact [[before Damon joined The Tempts) and it's really nice. Here's their [[excellent) version of "Too Busy Thinking About My Baby" [[a song I have been singing to myself all day today... :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0rjEiVvsUw&app=desktop