PDA

View Full Version : Four Tops- Sexy Lady [[1997) Was anyone else aware of this?

test

tl_harris
01-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

I was just on You Tube and I ran across this video that said this was the last released single by the fellas before Lawrence passed. Does anyone know about this, or can confirm this is true? Thanks

T.L. Harris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV_mk1zsk_U

traciewillis2000
01-18-2011, 04:40 PM
The single Sexy Lady was released on independent RJD Records out of Las Vegas shortly after Lawrence passed in 1997. The CD Single contains 5 tracks including the original recording which was recorded in 1989 with an attempt to put a spin on a modern motown sound but never released. When Lawrence passed they pulled it out and had it remixed and reprogrammed to a more modern sound and made the track completely different. Thus the CD single has the original 89 version, new 97 updated version which was released as the brand new last single of the original Tops, and also includes a new extended dance mix version plus instrumental versions of the remixed tracks. Also of note for whatever reason it was released using the name The Fabulous Four Tops so if your looking for more info on it make sure to google "sexy lady" "fabulous four tops" for more details and where its avaliable for purchase. Hope this helps.

tl_harris
01-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks Tracie I appreciate it.

T.L. Harris

tamla617
01-18-2011, 07:30 PM
thanks tracie...
i couldnt find anything 'till i googled fabulous four tops.how often do we find a "new" four tops recording thats been out so long and not a from the vaults track

stranger56
01-18-2011, 09:40 PM
It actually comes with a nice booklet, with a bio of the group.

smark21
01-18-2011, 10:18 PM
I see they are billed as "The Fabulous Four Tops" all over the CD single. Could this be the record company's way of getting around some copyright issues regarding the group name?

marv2
01-18-2011, 10:27 PM
The single Sexy Lady was released on independent RJD Records out of Las Vegas shortly after Lawrence passed in 1997. The CD Single contains 5 tracks including the original recording which was recorded in 1989 with an attempt to put a spin on a modern motown sound but never released. When Lawrence passed they pulled it out and had it remixed and reprogrammed to a more modern sound and made the track completely different. Thus the CD single has the original 89 version, new 97 updated version which was released as the brand new last single of the original Tops, and also includes a new extended dance mix version plus instrumental versions of the remixed tracks. Also of note for whatever reason it was released using the name The Fabulous Four Tops so if your looking for more info on it make sure to google "sexy lady" "fabulous four tops" for more details and where its avaliable for purchase. Hope this helps.

This is a real treat. Tracie, thank you so much!

Marv